The well, at least the discussion was fun for a day not-really-Delray-Thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-28-2006, 04:18 AM   #121
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The well, at least the discussion was fun for a day not-really-Delray-Thread

chicken thingy? I'm there, but you have to move the bed AWAY FROM THE AIR CONDITIONING VENT.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2006, 04:38 AM   #122
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The well, at least the discussion was fun for a day not-really-Delray-Thread

I'm the only one who wasn't fooled by the article. Andy's too spoiled to care that much.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:39 AM   #123
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick Steps Out Of Delray Beach Qualifying Draw
By Tennis Week
01/28/2006

Andy Roddick is out of the Delray Beach draw before he was even in it. The third-ranked Roddick has opted out of playing in this weekend’s qualifying tournament for the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships.

"Andy had informed us that he was considering playing in our qualifying tournament, as direct entries were closed and our wild cards had been distributed weeks in advance," Delray Beach tournament director Mark Baron said in a statement released at 10 p.m. on Friday night. "However, he did not commit and after careful consideration following training today, Andy told us that he would not participate in the qualifying tournament. He instead will remain in South Florida and resume training for the upcoming Davis Cup tie. We were obviously looking forward to Andy's participation, we wish him good luck next week and we hope he will play next year."

Roddick’s decision comes hours after the ITC announced Roddick’s Davis Cup teammate, James Blake, had withdrawn from the main draw.

Tournament officials initially announced Roddick would play qualifying shortly after noon Eastern time on Friday. Roddick, who fell to 54th-ranked Marcos Baghdatis in the fourth round of the Australian Open, planned to play his first qualifying event since the 2000 Austin, Texas Challenger in an effort to accumulate more match play before the United States' opening-round Davis Cup tie against Romania set February 10-12th at the LaJolla Beach & Tennis Club in LaJolla, California.

"I spoke to Andy and he requested a wild card and he understands that I didn’t have one to give," said Baron, who gave Roddick a wild card into his first ATP tournament in 2000 and one in 2001 as well. "He is playing the qualies because he wants match play, it's his hometown and it works for him."

Instead, former Boca Raton resident Roddick will spend the week practicing.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:02 AM   #124
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Okay, how much will you all give me if I see him in San Jose and say, 'Dude, did you come through qualies here? Impressive...'

btw, thanks for the site publicity I had all these hits all of a sudden and I tracked down where they all came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
... after careful consideration following training today, Andy told us that he would not participate in the qualifying tournament.
Vince must have kicked his ass in that practice and Andy was worried that he wouldn't make it thorugh qualifying.

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:08 AM   #125
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick said he regretted being unable to play this year in Delray.http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...dick_0127.html

Sure....
Old 01-28-2006, 05:11 AM   #126
heya
Banned!

www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...la-sports-front

TENNIS

Roddick changes his mind, won't play at Delray

By Harvey Fialkov
Staff writer

January 28, 2006

DELRAY BEACH -- In a controversial decision, Andy Roddick overruled his last-minute decision to enter the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships and pulled out Friday night.

It appears Roddick was not thrilled about having to go through qualifying matches this weekend for a chance to earn one of the four spots available in the 32-player draw. Tournament organizers had already given out the ATP-mandated three wild cards to eight-time Grand Slam champion Andre Agassi, Mardy Fish and Sargis Sargsian -- Agassi's hitting partner who retired after the U.S. Open.

At first, Roddick seemed fine with having an opportunity to become the ATP's first top-seeded qualifier, so that he could better prepare for the upcoming Davis Cup competition with Romania (Feb. 10-12) in La Jolla, Calif., particularly after getting bounced from the Australian Open in the fourth round by eventual finalist Marcos Baghdatis.

However, Roddick, who flew in from his other home in Austin, Texas, Friday afternoon, grew testier as the day wore on. During a 90-minute practice session with fellow Boca Raton resident Vincent Spadea in front of about 40 fortunate spectators on the Delray Beach Tennis Center's Stadium Court, Roddick screamed about the blustery conditions.

"I love the wind. Awesome," Roddick shouted before smashing one racket and whacking a ball out of the stadium.

Roddick, who politely turned down any formal interviews with the media, did lob a few digs at the ATP's wild-card rule and tournament organizers as he walked to the locker room.

"Why would I get a wild card into an American tournament, [being the] top-ranked American?" Roddick asked, taking a sarcastic backhand swat at whomever he deemed at fault. "Why would that happen? That makes too much sense."

Despite a disappointing withdrawal by the charismatic James Blake, who cited schedule overload as he too gets ready for Davis Cup, Paul Goldstein and Jiri Novak, Roddick wasn't permitted direct entry into the draw because those who committed to the tournament six weeks ago were given priority.

That meant instead of Roddick, the third-ranked player in the world, the fans will get to see unknowns such as Michael Berrer, Oliver Marach and Igor Kunitsyn.

"In order to get into the tournament you have to enter 42 days in advance and Andy didn't do that," ATP supervisor Tom Barnes said. "The only other way to get in is to get a wild card or to play qualifiers and win, or be a lucky loser if there's a spot. Or if one of the wild cards withdrew before we made the draw."

Roddick wasn't interested in hearing about rules.

"Maybe, I should play more Davis Cup, that's the story. Oh, wait, I do," Roddick cracked.

Spadea, 31, who is mounting yet another comeback, had to make it through qualifiers to get into the main draw at Sydney two weeks ago before losing to Lleyton Hewitt in the first round.

"Playing two matches in one day is challenging," Spadea said. "This is something that's out of this tennis world. It's unbelievable and at the same time Roddick is unbelievable in a lot of great ways.

"But I'll believe it when I see the first point played."

Tournament director Mark Baron, who was doing figurative cartwheels in his office after Roddick called Thursday evening to request admission into the $380,000 tournament, said the strong field featuring Agassi, Tommy Haas and Robby Ginepri already had tickets being sold at a record pace.

"[Roddick] did not commit and after careful consideration following training [Friday], Andy told us that he would not participate in the qualifying tournament," Baron said in a statement.

Roddick who reached the finals here in 2002 where he lost to Davide Sanguinetti, told Baron that he would remain in South Florida to train for the Davis Cup tie.

"If he went out there and lost in the qualifying, obviously that wouldn't be too good for his confidence," Goldfine said before Roddick changed his mind. "But you can't worry about the losing. You have to look at the upside of preparing for Davis Cup."

Several hopeful qualifiers were strolling the grounds peeking in at Roddick.

"Those guys in the Top 10 who drop down, you have too many guys who will scrap harder and take them, so it's best to stay out of the qualies if you can," said Mashiska Washington, 31, ranked 776.

Evidently, Roddick took Washington's advice.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:16 AM   #127
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Andy, not cute

I realize he gets testy at practice a lot... but

. Not happy with him right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21658946.jpg (32.9 KB, 30 views)

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-28-2006, 05:21 AM   #128
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Eh? Is that article for real?

I'm so confuzzled.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:22 AM   #129
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

IDIOT.
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:22 AM   #130
country flag Deboogle!.

It's for real, why wouldn't it be?

It's not like Andy said those things to the media, but the media was there and heard him muttering, probably.

But regardless of the context, he should've known it would've required two matches on saturday, the schedule was published on the tourney site for months.

Moreover, the entitlement complex isn't cute, it's disappointing, he knows the rules. Sure, hes done a lot and the USTA should do him favors like that when possible. But not if it comes at others' costs who did things properly and stuff. They can't break the rules for him.

Last edited by Deboogle!. : 01-28-2006 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:24 AM   #131
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't do much to improve the image right now Andy! Disappointed in him

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:31 AM   #132
heya
Banned!

"Playing two matches in one day is challenging," Spadea said. "This is something that's out of this tennis world. It's unbelievable and at the same time Roddick is unbelievable in a lot of great ways.

"But I'll believe it when I see the first point played."
Awww, Sweet Vinnay's sincere as always.

"If he went out there and lost in the qualifying, obviously that wouldn't be too good for his confidence," Goldfine said before Roddick changed his mind. "But you can't worry about the losing. You have to look at the upside of preparing for Davis Cup."
Ka ching ka ching....pussy coach.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:56 AM   #133
heya
Banned!

I knew he was going to blow up.
Mama's boy never loved tennis in the 1st place...
He has special treatment from his parents....I can tell.
They let him say whatever he wants....

Mardy lived in his family home and
still, Andy wasn't taught manners. He joined the pro tour when he should've
went to school.

Insecure brat.
He's now a confused, bitter, rich, conceited boy.....
It's not about improving your game with helpful people around....
It's all about being a clown for Davis Cup.

He senses his demise.
Nowadays, he fakes an indignant attitude in front of qualifiers.
A bad clone of John McEnroe.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:16 AM   #134
country flag warmy

warmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...ugh. How did Andy manage to turn everything that was going to be utterly cool into total shit. Elitist cowardly PIG.

God, I hate Andy Roddick.

...and Dean too.
...actually right now, I hate everybody.

Last edited by warmy : 01-28-2006 at 06:30 AM.
warmy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:38 AM   #135
country flag williaer

williaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond repute

oh andy... dont be a brat

it's not the end of the world he isnt playing (hell, we only found out the was considering it today) so long as he gets good preparation for davis cup.

gosh, if this article gets into GM...
williaer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote