The well, at least the discussion was fun for a day not-really-Delray-Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #46
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the WTF ARE YOU DOING PLAYING THIS TOURNEY?!?!!??!!?!?! Delray thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
He has one of the best forehands in the game, but you wouldn't know it if you watched that Baghdatis match.
You know, I was shell-shocked at how many times I saw Andy stand there, apparently flat-footed...only to have Marcos crack a winner against him. Til I saw Marcos to the same thing to Nalby. Baggy must be really good at 'holding' the ball til the last possible moment...and is equally as good (or fearless) at picking on either side (FH or BH) of his opponent.
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #47
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the WTF ARE YOU DOING PLAYING THIS TOURNEY?!?!!??!!?!?! Delray thread

My vs.com buddy had mentioned in an email yesterday that there might be a surprise entry in the Delray tournament, but I had no clue what he was talking about...now I know

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #48
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmy
that Andy is willing to try is enough to put him firmly back into my good graces.

Andy
wow your easy cassie.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:18 PM   #49
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle Queen
You know, I was shell-shocked at how many times I saw Andy stand there, apparently flat-footed...only to have Marcos crack a winner against him. Til I saw Marcos to the same thing to Nalby. Baggy must be really good at 'holding' the ball til the last possible moment...and is equally as good (or fearless) at picking on either side (FH or BH) of his opponent.
Sure, definitely. But Andy still put in a horrible mental performance in that match. He gave up pretty early on (many of us knew as soon as he got broken in the third set that he was a goner, from his horrific body language), and his shots were landing mid-court. His backhand was so horrible it was making me cringe at how it looped and puffed around the court. It was just AWFUL. If he got some real confidence and momentum and was hitting through his shots again, he won't lose matches the way he lost that one - you'll have to outplay him to beat him, like it used to be, and his weaknesses wouldn't be nearly the liabilities they are now. and god almighty, he needs to stop doublefaulting on break point!

Is doing this going to help? I don't know. I don't see what good crushing a few guys outside the top 150 will do for him, but if he wants matches he wants matches. I hope it doesn't blow up in his face or whatever somehow.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #50
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

because of other things the past couple days, I've been thinking I live in the twilight zone, but after this I am now convinced I am there! oh Andy if you don't make the draw (why does that thought even cross my mind )

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #51
country flag warmy

warmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl
wow your easy cassie.
Yes. Yes I am.

Quote:
Is doing this going to help? I don't know. I don't see what good crushing a few guys outside the top 150 will do for him, but if he wants matches he wants matches. I hope it doesn't blow up in his face or whatever somehow.
No doubt, Andy's taking a big risk in doing this. That he's willing to take this kind of risk says alot about his overal mind set. It's reminiscent of this wild kid I heard of a few years ago that played a tenacious and brutally passionate game and always just went for it. Although he might not be playing like that at the moment, if he's starting to think that way, there is hope for him yet.

Last edited by warmy : 01-27-2006 at 06:34 PM.
warmy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #52
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes. Yes I am.

nothing wrong with that.

i do however hope it blows up in his pretty face...i don't know why?
(i think your talking to the bad twin...give me a couple hours gemini A usually does'nt take over till about noon or so )

Last edited by partygirl : 01-27-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #53
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Memory lane... (from www.tennis.info)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jmg.Citrix01.with Andy.tennisinfo2.jpg (36.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg jmg.Citrix01.withAndy.tennisinfo4.jpg (37.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg jmg.Citrix01.withAndy.tennisinfo1.jpg (51.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg jmg.Citrix01.withAndy.tennisinfo3.jpg (35.1 KB, 74 views)

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:42 PM   #54
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I just read about this. At first I thought it was a joke.

This decision is beyond me.

Andy love ya but what sweet pea is going on in your head?
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #55
country flag Chaos Inc.

Chaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sure, definitely. But Andy still put in a horrible mental performance in that match. He gave up pretty early on (many of us knew as soon as he got broken in the third set that he was a goner, from his horrific body language), and his shots were landing mid-court. His backhand was so horrible it was making me cringe at how it looped and puffed around the court. It was just AWFUL. If he got some real confidence and momentum and was hitting through his shots again, he won't lose matches the way he lost that one - you'll have to outplay him to beat him, like it used to be, and his weaknesses wouldn't be nearly the liabilities they are now. and god almighty, he needs to stop doublefaulting on break point!

The mental issues he has on the court are a big problem. However, I believe there is little chance Roddick will get outside help in this area any time soon. He is too proud, in his mind it is a sign of weakness that he is not prepared to have exposed on a public basis at this time.As warmy mentioned, the best chance to confront this is by hiring a coach who is strong in this area. This is a field that Godlfine has not been strong at going back to his days as coach of Martin. Todd was a really good guy but nobody on the ATP tour choked in bigger moments than Todd.The '96 semi's at Wimbledon against Washington.....the '99 U.S. Open finals to Agassi etc.....
Chaos Inc. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #56
country flag warmy

warmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, shit.
Andy has just totally made my day. I'm smiling and down right giddy.
I'm such a dork.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #57
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Awww, shit.
Andy has just totally made my day. I'm smiling and down right giddy.
I'm such a dork.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this as a positive.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:49 PM   #58
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

You know, in re-thinking this, it might not be bad.

Sometimes you've got to start back at the beginning. Square one. Remember what it was like when you were just starting out. Get the passion back.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #59
country flag partygirl

did i mention i love them?
jan mike...andy needs you.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #60
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, well... I've heard stories that they don't talk much anymore...

Anyway, I think this may turn out to be a wise move for Andy, but if he makes it through qualies, and to the SF or Final, then plays DC, I have to wonder which of the 3 tournaments in February he will pull out of (and it better not be San Jose!!!!! )

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote