The well, at least the discussion was fun for a day not-really-Delray-Thread - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #181
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The well, at least the discussion was fun for a day not-really-Delray-Thread

yeah but it put a lot of pressure on Sargi to do well now. poor dude.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #182
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The well, at least the discussion was fun for a day not-really-Delray-Thread

Any info out there about why Sarge decided to come out of retirement? Forget the fact that he is Andre's friend and hitting partner or that he took a wild card better used by someone else . Just wondering if $ is an issue ( although I doubt we will ever hear about that) ,if he wants socialization, or if he just misses tennis too much.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:47 PM   #183
country flag acoffeygirl

acoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So I wonder if Andy would have played, had the tourney not screwed up and publicized it?

Through this world I've stumbled, So many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find, The truth enslaved
Oh you speak to me in riddles, And you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath, Your words keep me alive
And I would be the one, To hold you down
Kiss you so hard, I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
acoffeygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:08 PM   #184
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to the directors for making Andy look like an ass. If only someone had kept his mouth shut maybe Andy would've played Delray.

So anyway, I've decided that ar.com should change their official logo to something that's more accurate:

:retard:
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:08 PM   #185
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

``I think everybody knows the one who should get pressure a lot,'' Fish said. ``I didn't get [a wild card] in San Jose, and Sargis got one there as well. It's kind of a bummer for both of us.''

MARDY IS INDEED ALIVE.

Wow.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #186
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

So Mardy and Andy are won't be united in Delray? I was hoping he would lift him up.
I suppose the tourney director got excited with the prospect of local boy Andy playing there and could not hold his horses. Now he face the prospect Andy won't play there for another while. Oh well.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:35 PM   #187
country flag warmy

warmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond repute

My god, where did all this annoying playground drama come from? :retard:
Old 01-29-2006, 10:54 PM   #188
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-01-29/c.php full article

Roddick Weekend Flake-Out in Delray Beach Raises Questions
By Richard Vach, Tennis-X.com Senior Writer
Quote:
But instead the American gave a glimpse into his fragile psyche this past weekend by flying to Florida from his home in Austin to play the weekend qualifying at ATP event in Delray Beach, then at the last minute changing his mind.

So was it the windy conditions, or the fear of losing in the qualifying, or the seemingly innocuous event of alerting the media that had Roddick and Goldfine refusing to play nice in Delray? It is the opinion of many that Roddick has "played afraid" in his last two slam losses.

Roddick's flake-out in Delray is a transparent grab for some of what he is now losing in his home country, something he has already lost internationally -- respect. Instead of a great opportunity to grab some headlines for tennis in the U.S. and test his mental state against some hungry yet sub-level competition, Andy makes another early tournament exit, this time before he even hit a ball.

Another strange chapter in Roddick's downward spiral, and a lose-lose situation for everyone.
if you ask me they all sound like big crybaby bitches- everyone involved.
*& stop whimping out andy...(whatever the reasons ) damn it.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:59 PM   #189
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Boy, people sure are reading a lot into this little thing. I guess the hyperreaction to anything Roddick does can be expected though.

Check out my post to euroka in that thread, btw. She actually felt the need to sign up for tennis-x just so that she could talk about Roddick (again). I love ripping twits like her a new one.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 01-29-2006, 10:59 PM   #190
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Dean and Andy can't take responsibility far in advance of small AMERICAN EVENTS??!!!!

Why worry? Andy + friends, go watch the MIAMI HEAT game again instead of working.

They've dug a hole for themselves.

I'm shocked that these paranoid, delusional, trippin' lads can't take away Sarge's chance to play.... Sure.

Sarge humiliated Andy when he worked hard to steal a win from Andy, the overexcited, negligent 12-year-old brat who couldn't fathom why he lost. Bud Collins pressured him to dump Tariq. Andy quickly hired Brad after listening to his parents, PMc + Carillo.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:31 PM   #191
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick's flake-out in Delray is a transparent grab for some of what he is now losing in his home country, something he has already lost internationally -- respect. Instead of a great opportunity to grab some headlines for tennis in the U.S. and test his mental state against some hungry yet sub-level competition, Andy makes another early tournament exit, this time before he even hit a ball.

Another strange chapter in Roddick's downward spiral, and a lose-lose situation for everyone.

DID THIS WRITER JUST FIND OUT?! Do you notice how quiet Andy's relatives are...compared to 2 years ago?

Last edited by heya : 01-29-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:40 PM   #192
heya

I read on tennis 4you .com forum that euroka predicted Andy would win the AO. That's why she's disappointed and pessimistic.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:31 AM   #193
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I refuse to read the Tennis-x forums anymore, the people there are just... well, I don't even know how to describe it. And their writer has such an obvious dislike for Andy and a preference for seeing the dark, allegedly controversial side of any issue that they would off course tilt toward the 'spoiled brat' mode. What a waste.

Andy was betrayed by the Tournament Director, pure and simple. I wouldn't blame him if he never set foot in Delray Beach for the rest of his life.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:49 AM   #194
Last dance, Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
I refuse to read the Tennis-x forums anymore, the people there are just... well, I don't even know how to describe it. And their writer has such an obvious dislike for Andy and a preference for seeing the dark, allegedly controversial side of any issue that they would off course tilt toward the 'spoiled brat' mode. What a waste.

Andy was betrayed by the Tournament Director, pure and simple. I wouldn't blame him if he never set foot in Delray Beach for the rest of his life.
I agree with your comments about tennis-x. They'll never cut Andy some slack, for whatever reason.

But what upsets me more is the fact that some fans here were quick to believe the worst about Andy. The fact that the article was written by one Harvey Fialkov tipped me off (as soon as he joined the Sun-Sentinel staff he was quick to prove that he's not a Roddick fan or even an impartial observer).

The TD screwed up big time by opening his fat mouth in the first place and promising something that was never committed to. Good luck to him in trying to get Andy to ever play that tourney again.

I don't believe that Andy would try to pressure the director into taking a WC away from a player to give to him. That is inconsistent with his character. Sure, Andy can be can pissy, prickly, moody, and even an asshole sometimes but he's certainly not a thief and he knows damn well that if he ever DID try a stunt like that then it would blow up back in his face tenfold.

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 01-30-2006, 03:00 AM   #195
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly Tangy. You know, I think back over the personal encounters I've had with Andy over the years, the things I've seen, the things I've heard from fans and non-fans alike, the court behavior, etc etc etc. NOTHING in any of that experience leads me to believe that Andy would try to pressure a TD into switching a wildcard, nor would he ask one of his friends to give up his. Andy knows the rules of tournament entry, he knows that if you make a last minute switch to your schedule there are only so many options. Because of his history at Delray Beach, he had reason to believe they would honor his request for confidentiality. They did not and their premature verbal ejaculation (really, the only thing I can compare it too) has damaged Andy, when all he was doing was looking for some matches to play. I am seriously beginning to doubt he said any of the stuff printed in that article yesterday. I can believe that he had a bad practice and got mouthy about it, but I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT believe that Andy would ever use his Davis Cup membership as some type of gauntlet to slap someone with. THAT does not sound like him at all.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote