Good effort anyway, Andy. FIND YOUR CONFIDENCE SOON! (SAP Open thread) - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2006, 04:56 AM   #151
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving forward! Singing a new tune in San Jose! (SAP Open thread)

oh MAN
=================================
Valentines Day Victory
February 15th, 2006 01:03 am
By Andyroddick.com Staff

If cupid shot as many arrows as Andy served aces this evening, love was certainly in the air at the HP Pavilion Center in San Jose. In the debut match in his title defense, Andy decisively defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-3, 6-4. Looking rejuvenated from the hectic Davis Cup weekend, Andy saw a lot of love Tuesday night. 40 - love that is.

After attending the SAP Open’s kick-off party Monday night along side tournament director Bill Rapp, Andy was all business against the wiley Spaniard this evening. It did take a few games to get his bearings on center court. Andy dropped the first service game, but immediately fought to break Garica-Lopez and held strong to take the lead 2-1.

Garcia-Lopez, who has involuntarily acquired the nickname G-Lo, put up a good fight, matching Andy at 3 all. G-Lo saved a few break points in the eighth game, but Andy finally converted one, stretching his lead to 5-3. Andy finished off the set on his serve, 6-3.

While some choose to be clever or coy on Valentines Day, both Andy and Guillermo left little to the imagination in the second set. Garcia-Lopez opened with a hold to which Andy easily responded. Facing some pressure in the fourth game, Andy saved three consecutive break points to level the set at 2 all. The two battled on, each holding to 3 a piece. Andy avoided a scare in the eighth game, saving his serve and a few more break points. Guillermo was unable to save break points in the following game as Andy charged to a 5-4 lead. He quickly served out the set to clinch the match 6-3, 6-4. It may not be a box of chocolates or a dozen roses, but for a tennis fan, a “W” is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift.

Check back to Ar.com from more of Andy in San Jose.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2006, 04:56 AM   #152
country flag castaway

castaway has a reputation beyond reputecastaway has a reputation beyond reputecastaway has a reputation beyond reputecastaway has a reputation beyond reputecastaway has a reputation beyond reputecastaway has a reputation beyond reputecastaway has a reputation beyond reputecastaway has a reputation beyond reputecastaway has a reputation beyond reputecastaway has a reputation beyond reputecastaway has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
aww, andy even had a pen to match his shirt...I wonder if he planned that

Thanks for the pics, Deb. Just curious, how do you find them so fast?

edit: I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that "article"

Last edited by castaway : 02-15-2006 at 04:59 AM.
castaway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:58 AM   #153
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo News

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 02-15-2006, 05:00 AM   #154
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that "article"
My decision was:
Old 02-15-2006, 05:01 AM   #155
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway
edit: I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that "article"
A bit of both might be appropriate. I think it's a new low for them.

Old 02-15-2006, 05:15 AM   #156
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

Color? Bright color? Andy Roddick (USA)??!!! nah.

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:20 AM   #157
country flag Deboogle!.

Roddick's 'average' is pretty good
- Ron Kroichick, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, February 15, 2006

One day after Andre Agassi caused a stir by not showing up, defending champion Andy Roddick made more predictable news Tuesday night by grinding out a 6-3, 6-4 first-round victory over Guillermo Garcia-Lopez.

Roddick's presence attracted a crowd of 7,610 to HP Pavilion, including Hall of Fame baseball player Reggie Jackson and many females holding signs expressing their fondness for Roddick. He responded with a performance he called "average," balancing his dominant serve with occasionally careless mistakes.

At one point, Roddick unleashed a 136-mph ace and followed that with a 141-mph ace. At other times, he strangely seemed unable to handle Garcia-Lopez's serve.

"I didn't have my best stuff tonight, but I got through it," Roddick said.

Garcia-Lopez, a 22-year-old Spaniard ranked No. 89 in the world, came into the match with a notable victory on his resume -- he beat Agassi in the quarterfinals at Delray Beach two weeks ago. That outcome made sense at times Tuesday night, as Garcia-Lopez exchanged booming serves and fierce groundstrokes with Roddick.

Then again, Garcia-Lopez made plenty of costly errors, such as the open-court forehand he sent wide late in the first set, allowing Roddick to break serve.

The second set stayed on serve until 4-4, when Roddick blasted a backhand winner down the line to break Garcia-Lopez. Roddick responded by flinging both arms skyward in a gesture equal parts excitement and relief.

"I knew the match was on my racquet at that point," he said. "That shot definitely felt good."

The match came less than a week after Roddick hired his brother, John, as his latest coach. Roddick parted ways with Brad Gilbert little more than a year ago, then did the same with Dean Goldfine last week.

"Everybody brings something different to the table," Roddick said. "With John, it's nice having a comfort zone there. I've known him so long and I know he's not afraid to give me his opinion."

Old 02-15-2006, 05:32 AM   #158
country flag williaer

williaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond repute

Andy and Backhand DTL need to be acquainted more often
Perhaps they should become best friends? I know I wouldn't object!!
williaer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:34 AM   #159
country flag Deboogle!.

When he hit a backhand winner early on in his match on sunday, I literally screamed out "WHAT" as a reflex. Amber and DAnielle will corroborate this. I didn't even realize I'd done it til afterwards

Old 02-15-2006, 05:42 AM   #160
country flag holy_macaroli

holy_macaroli has a reputation beyond reputeholy_macaroli has a reputation beyond reputeholy_macaroli has a reputation beyond reputeholy_macaroli has a reputation beyond reputeholy_macaroli has a reputation beyond reputeholy_macaroli has a reputation beyond reputeholy_macaroli has a reputation beyond reputeholy_macaroli has a reputation beyond reputeholy_macaroli has a reputation beyond reputeholy_macaroli has a reputation beyond reputeholy_macaroli has a reputation beyond repute

woohoo! GOO ANDY! kick some ass!
holy_macaroli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:44 AM   #161
country flag acoffeygirl

acoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
When he hit a backhand winner early on in his match on sunday, I literally screamed out "WHAT" as a reflex. Amber and DAnielle will corroborate this. I didn't even realize I'd done it til afterwards
I can vouch for this occurrence!

Through this world I've stumbled, So many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find, The truth enslaved
Oh you speak to me in riddles, And you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath, Your words keep me alive
And I would be the one, To hold you down
Kiss you so hard, I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
acoffeygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:46 AM   #162
country flag whosthis77

whosthis77 has a reputation beyond reputewhosthis77 has a reputation beyond reputewhosthis77 has a reputation beyond reputewhosthis77 has a reputation beyond reputewhosthis77 has a reputation beyond reputewhosthis77 has a reputation beyond reputewhosthis77 has a reputation beyond reputewhosthis77 has a reputation beyond reputewhosthis77 has a reputation beyond reputewhosthis77 has a reputation beyond reputewhosthis77 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW BH winner!!.. down the line? ... I'd definatley like to see more of that! go andy.
whosthis77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:14 AM   #163
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Who is this Andy? Bh winners? Good news

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:26 AM   #164
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Andy's V-day present to all his female fans: Kisses. Color. Backhand winners. (...and winning a tennis match.)

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:33 AM   #165
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

when andy came out in valentine burnt red i nearly died.
- it looked red to me...maybe me and fee have different rods & cones in our eyes but it seemed red especially when wet,
but maybe im off...my perception is my own.

i have to say im glad he pointed out it was a so-so match, in the post match interview he said it was a typical first round match...
fault is i think i could count the times he moved forward or was anywhere near the baseline at anytime on two hands i thought tennis was played between the lines?

from our vantage point (slightly elevated not terribly close but not too far at all really) you could see one aggressor and one guy not really going for his shots, kinda disheartening since i know andy can dictate, his constant eagerness almost seems to be screaming for dominance but it was not what i would call agrressive- if that's still the mantra...but not bad.
...i think honestly his down the line shots are pretty excellent- ive been noticing them since wimbledon and the one major one he hit tonight at the perfect time was awesome...worthy of adulation-
(you jerk )

the thing is for a guy who has spent the better part of a year or more being passive and defensive...he has'nt gotten much better at it.

move up!

the funniest thing is my friend who only really watches tennis with me & could take it or leave it
had purchased 1 one beer and became rather applaud-ative...
she was asked 1/2 way thru the match by an older senior citizen sitting next to us-
"you must really like him?"
to witch she replyed
"i do - yes"
i laughed so hard and told her to shut up...but what are the odds out of all these people that question would be asked to someone and it not be me
-you know me-
ive got problems...

overall i must say andy is a great valentines day-

he came through like i thought he should & that works for me. (i would love to have said the same for james )

p.s- i would have my pix but my inebriated friend pocketed my camera at some point and now i have to retrieve it but i will

Last edited by partygirl : 02-15-2006 at 08:49 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote