Henman slays 3 GS champs to win Paris Masters title - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #61
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Henman slays 3 GS champs to win Paris Masters title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensafmurrafter View Post
Actually that was his last win. His last match was a loss in the next round to Feliciano Lopez.
Maybe at Wimbledon, but he played several matches afterwards. His last match was a Davis Cup doubles match against Croatia where he finished off with a forehand passing winner with Jamie Murray.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #62
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

What a way to go! Davis Cup at Wimbledon with a win!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #63
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Not about the volley though, he was silent after the shot, then Federer went into fistpumpmotion...and he couldn't hold it in anymore.

'ahhhh C'est bon bleudeblableutoettoet'

All about the fistpump baby, good thing he didn't continue acting like this and started becoming an emotionless, boring machine. Otherwise I might've been a Fedfan
So you belong to Rafafanbase subunit C then.

But even Olderer fistpumps once in a while. 24:10

Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #64
country flag Londinium

Londinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Funny so few discussions of 01

I can see why. Everytime I think of that I want to shove my balls in a blender and rip my hair out. Guess it's how t-doc felt when Murray won the USO
I mentally blocked that match from my mind. While it was great to see Goran finally win Wimbledon, Henman really should have won that match. Then he would have gone on to face Rafter, someone he'd already beaten at Wimbledon before...just eugh. Then again knowing Henman he probably would have choked the final anyway.
Quote:
well he owned Gaudio, even on clay

was like 3 service holds from beating Coria in that Semi final

12 points from winning French Open 2004
I've often thought how utterly ironic it would have been if Henman, the archetypical grass court player would have won his one and only Grand Slam on clay courts, where he useless most of the time. It would have been as weird as Andy Roddick winning his only GS on clay.

Anyone know why Henman was relatively speaking quite duff at the Aussie Open? It seems like he had at least three really favourable draws to go deep there and yet it was the only GS he never reached the Semis of, just seems weird as he always had a decent hard court game. We never had the Aussie Open on normal TV back when I was young so I never got the chance to see him playing there. Then again aside from his SF, his USO record was one of underachievement as well considering he was always quite handy on a fast hard court. He should have had multiple QFs and SFs there as well as Wimbledon.
Londinium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote