This joke hurts. (*tell Andy Roddick the truth) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2006, 09:09 PM   #31
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe anyone is telling andy roddick the truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
The only good news is that Andy managed to play like himself and with confidence for the first three matches. I don't know what happened before the Marcos match to make Andy suddenly doubt himself--did he even have a gameplan for Baghdatis? Who's not doing his job of scouting?--but somebody (Dean?) is not doing enough to pump Andy up and get him ready for unknown players as good as Baghdatis is.
But, Marcos ISN'T unknown. Andy himself said he watched him play against Stepanek a couple rounds earlier. Andy knew exactly what to expect, AR.com had an audio interview where Andy himself broke down Marcos's game!!! This was definitely not a scouting problem, since there's proof that Andy himself knew exactly what to expect. He just didn't execute. The problem is why.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2006, 09:51 PM   #32
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone's giving him the idea that his serve needs no work.
Then, they all smirk when he volleys and runs on clay.
"My movement isn't very good, expecially on clay..." He says this, so it's no shock that he hates to change. Have fun now, forget about the future.

It's ironic that he lives and dies by the serve.

All he had to do was lean to his left or right to slide his serve around the box.
Tennis is just a hobby to him, just a 2nd priority.

There's no need to whack predictable 145 mph bombs that can easily be blocked immediately by him.

The only explanation is he wants to retire....
only he's capable of being creative & wise again.

his family and Dean aren't brilliant enough to know the answers.
You don't choose coaches from Davis Cup just 'cause they're friends of your friends.
Not cutting your losses equals disaster.
NonAmericans sacrificed their lives to reach their potential.
Andy convinced everyone that he's a damn joke in front millions of fans. Congrats!
You get paid 50 million dollars to humiliate yourself, stubborn ass :retard:.

Chris Fowler can't stop hyping Andy's tank jobs. Marcos's a talented, fast, hard worker. A Slam champion? No.

DISGRACEFUL!

Last edited by heya : 01-24-2006 at 09:54 PM.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:17 AM   #33
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya
It's ironic that he lives and dies by the serve.
Quote:
Tennis is just a hobby to him, just a 2nd priority.
Quote:
The only explanation is he wants to retire.
Quote:
his family and Dean aren't brilliant enough to know the answers.
Quote:
You don't choose coaches from Davis Cup just 'cause they're friends of your friends.
Quote:
Andy convinced everyone that he's a damn joke in front millions of fans.
Quote:
You get paid 50 million dollars to humiliate yourself, stubborn ass :retard:.
Quote:
DISGRACEFUL!
Quote:
He has the knowledge/ability.
Quote:
It's unfortunate that his family won't allow him to work with a coach and practice partner who pick on his weaknesses in practice. He's very arrogant & ignorant(standoffish) because fulfilling wishes of friends/playing in exhibitions ARE MORE IMPORTANT than seeking HELP.
Quote:
I've seen his footwork deteriorate since the summer of 2003.
Quote:
Weighing 190-200 pounds only makes him slow as hell.

Quote:
It's not because he can't move faster or has little talent.
well...yeah.

Last edited by partygirl : 01-25-2006 at 02:22 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:51 PM   #34
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *tell andy roddick the truth.

from ar.com
Quote:
As always, Coach Dean Goldfine finds the right words to articulate Andy’s triumphs and struggles. After returning back to the states from a turbulent road in Australia, Dean gave Ar.com exclusive feedback on their experience down under.

“It was a disappointing ending to a great trip. Andy playing 5 great matches up to the loss to Baghdatis,” Dean reflected on the strength of Andy’s new assertive attitude. “His aggressive style of play has instantly paid dividends for him. Unfortunately he ran into an extremely hot player and Andy came out on the short end.”

after clinching the title in Kooyong and a fourth round finish at the Australian Open. “With that being said, I feel Andy’s best year ever is ahead of him. He is in the best shape of his life(so what ) and is hitting the ball better than he ever has. He is playing a more aggressive game ( ) which will allow him to dominate his opponents,” Dean touched on Andy’s improvement.
"Boo."
-tow the line...tow the line

Last edited by partygirl : 01-25-2006 at 06:01 PM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #35
country flag seven

seven has a reputation beyond reputeseven has a reputation beyond reputeseven has a reputation beyond reputeseven has a reputation beyond reputeseven has a reputation beyond reputeseven has a reputation beyond reputeseven has a reputation beyond reputeseven has a reputation beyond reputeseven has a reputation beyond reputeseven has a reputation beyond reputeseven has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Anymore proofs needed that this coach will not get the best out of Andy, but probably the worst?
Andys preparation was probably great, his attitude was great (except a little lack of confidence, maybe), but the quality of his game was simply not there. How can Goldfine seriously say, Andy was more aggressive
Approaching the net with some poor approach shots is not aggressive, it´s stupid .
Of course, now as Baghdatis has reached the final, his loss looks less worse and this will probably make Andy and his coach feel confirmed, but imo Baghdatis was not been playing like from another planet. He was beatable, but Roddick was completely helpless against a player that has good groundstrokes (forehand and backhand) and good sense for the game, and that should be a disturbing sign for the former world number 1 and GS-champion.
Sure you can have a day, where you can´t find your game, but Andy wasn´t playing much worse than he usually plays. In his press conference after the match there was no selfcritical word from him, just a ` my opponent played an extremely good match today, I would´ve probably beaten most other players today` .
Andy seems to not have a good understanding for the game, so he easily believes, what coaches tell him. His potential is despitely great, so it´s really a shame
I know it´s easy for us to tell him what he should do, but it´s obvious that he needs to change something.
seven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #36
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Woa. Marcos. At least it's now confirmed Andy lost to a guy who's beaten 2 other players many critics consider to be better than him.

Yeah, it doesn't look that bad now.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #37
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

Uh yeah. But Andy still lost in the fourth round playing tentative tennis.

I'm happy for Marcos, though.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:58 PM   #38
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

The way Andy gave up that match was unforgivable. But if you look back at USO when he lost to Muller in straights and then Muller lost in straights straight after, that was real bad.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #39
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I definitely think the US Open loss was more embarrassing, especially in light of what Baghdatis has now accomplished.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:17 PM   #40
country flag blosson
La La Land

The problem is there will be another young gun shooting past Andy in the rankings if Marcos continues to play like this. I want to see Marcos having this kind of run in US soil, like at IW and Miami. Hopefully Andy gets most of the crowd support there.

Does Marcos have cousins over there?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:58 PM   #41
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's Andy and David's faults. They had break point chances to control the last 2 sets of the match....Instead, they kept thinking, "I'm doubting my abillity to win the Slam. I've no energy anymore. I choked with a chance to take control of Marcos. It's not worth it. Federer's the hero everywhere."
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:50 PM   #42
country flag guida

guida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson
The problem is there will be another young gun shooting past Andy in the rankings if Marcos continues to play like this. I want to see Marcos having this kind of run in US soil, like at IW and Miami. Hopefully Andy gets most of the crowd support there.

Does Marcos have cousins over there?
Well, the Greek community is pretty big in the States, isn't it? I would also like to see Marcos fare well there, let's hope he can cope with all the expectations surrounding him from now on.
guida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:56 PM   #43
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guida
Well, the Greek community is pretty big in the States, isn't it?
lol, they're in pockets, I grew up in a small city of under 50,000 people with a HUGE Greek population. But, there are lots of places where there aren't any, I'd imagine. In a place like New York, there will be lots of Greeks of course. In Miami or Palm Springs, I'm not so sure lol

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-26-2006, 11:00 PM   #44
country flag guida

guida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but they're sure to flock to wherever Marcos will be...
guida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:02 PM   #45
country flag Deboogle!.

Maybe