This joke hurts. (*tell Andy Roddick the truth) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default This joke hurts. (*tell Andy Roddick the truth)

do you think anyone is telling andy the truth...that there is a problem & things are not going well in the big picture?

if you ask me i dont think much of anything has changed since last season,
i know its only been 4 matches but still.

after his last press conference he seemed so out of touch that it made me wonder if after an entire year of some big let downs, if anybody stands up and says:

"andy that was just no good."
"andy that was not good enough"

my biggest fear for him is that he is surrounded by yes-men with laid back non confrontational attitudes...
there is always tommorrow... without the ability to learn from what has and will continue to go wrong.

if you ask me after the aussie open specifically somebody needs to stand up and say to his face- "andy that was fucked up!"
(maybe im wrong )

i understand that somethings you just cant see until someone points it out and makes it impossible to ignore,
but do you think he even ever bothers to watch his matches-
he should...cause if he did i think it would break his heart the same way he has broken ours.

i dont want my signature to be how andy roddick is remembered

Last edited by partygirl : 07-02-2006 at 07:05 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2006, 11:39 PM   #2
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe anyone is telling andy roddick the truth?

If it's true that his coach, trainer, and agent were all in a hallway discussing the problems.... if that's true and they haven't said it to HIM??????? I'd be utterly floored.

I can't believe, of all these people that are so close to him, beyond his team - PMac, Courier, Cliffy, John, etc. etc. etc. etc. - haven't said something to him or his team, etc.

I just find it EXTRAORDINARILY hard to believe someone hasn't told him the truth.

But being told the truth doesn't mean he's gonna do anything about it

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #3
country flag nkhera1

nkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond repute

They better tell him that for supposedly being a power player he should work on hitting more winners.

I guess Roddick must be the greatest player to ever play the game.
nkhera1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:45 PM   #4
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

That's what the "constant aggression" Mantra was supposed to be all about, no? Well, maybe not winners, but at least forcing the issue and at worst, getting a lot more errors from the other guy.

I mean, not long ago, Andy HIMSELF was talking about how the tentative passive play was his demise. So he's obviously not completely unaware. What he seems to be unaware of is how to adjust mid-match and get the confidence to change his gameplan if a guy come out playing really well.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
country flag nkhera1

nkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
That's what the "constant aggression" Mantra was supposed to be all about, no? Well, maybe not winners, but at least forcing the issue and at worst, getting a lot more errors from the other guy.

I mean, not long ago, Andy HIMSELF was talking about how the tentative passive play was his demise. So he's obviously not completely unaware. What he seems to be unaware of is how to adjust mid-match and get the confidence to change his gameplan if a guy come out playing really well.
Agreed I mean winners shouldn't be the most important thing but looking at what his opponent did his numbers seem ridicilous. You would think that he is a grinder from the backcourt (which is actually what his game is right now). He wasn't attacking 2nd serves and every time he came up to volley I knew he was going to lose the point (I think I was wrong 1 time). I agree with you that he needs to fix the backhand slice or dump it. It doesn't slide through the court as much as a player like Fed's and he doesn't have Federer's tennis sense.

I guess Roddick must be the greatest player to ever play the game.
nkhera1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:53 PM   #6
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-24-2006, 12:08 AM   #7
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"He's now gone from being a really great talent or whatever to, in my mind, not a great player anymore," Wilander said of Roddick. "Now it's becoming ordinary, totally ordinary."

Wilander expressed frustration with Roddick's tactics against Baghdatis, particularly his tendency to hit huge forehand returns from way behind the baseline he was also mystified by Roddick's decision to hit sliced backhands from positions of strength.

"When he's not in control of the point, he tries to hit a two-hander," Wilander said. "He's got the whole strategy turned around."

Wilander also said Roddick's increasingly frequent forays to the net were too predictable. "He's neutralized his own game and power; he's neutralized himself," Wilander said.
these are the kind of statements that need to be said to big boys face...
i think he can take it, we all know im not the most savy person when it comes to tennis tactics & technique but that last comment about him neutralizing himself & his own power seems so dead on- you can literally see it...
then add poor mentality and what is increasingly bad body language (i dont care if your getting passed left & right you dont hang your head after each one like a bitch and let your opponent know its getting to you...even if it is)
disasterous & shameful is what it is and its mounting.

the other thing about positioning-
i understand that he (when younger) was a grinder and just got used to staying that far back...so if he continues to imploy this, should'nt he be able to tap into that inner grinder and use it, chase those balls down and get em back?
i mean even this doesnt seem too available, so why do it...i understand habit but habit without perpose is just nonsense that needs to be stopped cold.

Last edited by partygirl : 01-24-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:35 AM   #8
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

That stuff Wilander said just made me cry. I mean, they did, literally. I don't even know what it'd do if I were Andy and were told that stuff.

Of course people must be telling him lots of things, and Doug and Dean are probably not just sitting and telling him 'everything's fine'.

I just... don't know what he needs anymore. If he ever got a sports psycologist and didn't work... I think it'd be it.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:36 AM   #9
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Andy refuses to trust his game. He's afraid of hearing the words, "Retire if you don't care." He says he cares, but the facial expression tells the story, "I can win with immature emotions & false modesty."
He won't trust himself because HEROIC LEGENDS deserve love...
he won't believe he deserves respect.
Thus, we see his intentional "emotions worn on sleeve". I don't need to watch Mr. Nice, Whipping Boy. He has a classy personality....there's no need to make Federer, Agassi, etc., look perfect because you were taught to be an embarrassing fool (footnote in tennis history of losers).

Imo, he doesn't trust his own fitness, so he half-heartedly volleys to avoid doing smart point construction. He thinks, "High level tennis is not in my "CARDS."
Maybe, he looked at all match statistics & cried like Mama's boy.

He's speedy. More + more versatile, year after year,
but he just wants to be macho & MINDLESS.
So, he enjoys screaming at the crowd.

The Davis Cup ties make this problem worse.
(I"VE SEEN GREAT SHOTMAKING BUT HE WON'T WORK ALL THE TIME. He can't move fast enough... confidence is gone because he can't see he's stressing his body by serving 150 mph. Drop some pounds in the legs + trunk area in order to jump, slide + reach the ball.)

ROOD, there won't be Davis Cup wins. Don't let your family + McEnroe bully you off court. YOU'RE A TENNIS STAR, NOT A DAMN meathead for them to live vicariously through.
Don't bully coaches around in practice. If you can't take the publicity, GET OUT, RODD.

Last edited by heya : 01-24-2006 at 12:43 AM.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:45 AM   #10
country flag partygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito_90
That stuff Wilander said just made me cry. I mean, they did, literally. I don't even know what it'd do if I were Andy and were told that stuff.
sorry i had to re-post it caro, but did it make you cry because it was hurtful or because it was true?

and heya i agree with that comment about false modesty...it seems since he won the open he has this hyper humility...it makes me think its over compensation for something...what i dont know but im highly suspicious of people like that there is no way you can think like that and still really believe you can go out there and triumph- even if its just for the media...its telling
Old 01-24-2006, 12:53 AM   #11
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl
sorry i had to re-post it caro, but did it make you cry because it was hurtful or because it was true?
Both, I guess. Coming from Mats... I mean, he knows what he's talking about. It's just... *sigh*
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:56 AM   #12
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

All I can do is cry.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:58 AM   #13
country flag RodLo

RodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl
do you think anyone is telling andy the truth...that there is a problem & things are not going well in the big picture?
I sure as hell hope so. If not, that boy needs a new posse.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:03 AM   #14
country flag Noelle

I just noticed we all kinda have the same kind of av
Old 01-24-2006, 01:04 AM   #15
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure at least his brother has told him how it is...
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote