Friday live scores - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-31-2003, 10:33 PM   #151
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Friday live scores

Zephyr, you are utterly hilarious. There you were confidently predicting a Federer victory, and when (shock horror!) Henman proves his credentials once again against the Wimbledon champion you resort to these repeated, desperate attempts to mock him. Pathetic beyond belief, and completely hollow in light of what just happened.

The Henman-Federer record does not lie - Henman has a very good game to play him and it showed tonight. True, Federer missed two golden opportunities at the end of the first set and I was disappointed at the way he fell away in the second (he certainly tanked that last volley when he got broken again to go down 5-1, and I can well understand the Parisian crowd's booing of him at the end). As a Federer fan, I was really hoping for a good three-setter here.

But Henman showed in the tiebreak why he has an edge - he can block the Federer serve back and chip it down low on the second as he comes in behind it, forcing him into difficult volleys at his toes. Federer, of course, has to serve and volley on a lot of second serves to prevent Henman chip-charging and pressurising him at the net. Compare Federer's record with Henman to his record against all the huge-serving netrushers out there, and you'll see that accuracy can sometimes be more effective than pace.

I think he has an excellent chance against Roddick tomorrow, and if he can somehow get through that match then the final would certainly be extremely winnable, but not guaranteed - no matches in a Masters Series are. Face it, Henman has not beaten Grosjean, Kuerten and Federer (that's 4 GS, 8 TMS and 32 titles collectively!) through chance. In fact, this tournament has restored my faith in him after this tough year. When you consider who he lost to at the three Slams he played this year, he's only fallen to the best.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2003, 10:54 PM   #152
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friday live scores

Ugh. Roddick is a lucky little twirp.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:55 PM   #153
zephyr_uk

zephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond repute

dont worry tfan the fed express will be up and runnign again....hes great and a natural and has glittering career about to unfold
zephyr_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 12:18 AM   #154
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

I really thought winning Wimbledon would get him the much needed confidence...but apparently not.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 12:54 AM   #155
zephyr_uk

zephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond reputezephyr_uk has a reputation beyond repute

i thought henman never winningn wimbledon and whole british press teasing him woudl make him retire...obviouslly not lol,, roddick wll send him home and next ten years fed and andy will get some more slams
Old 11-01-2003, 12:55 AM   #156
zephyr_uk

how is it pathetic???? when u sit down and reflect on their carrers whose would you want?? sorry i know ur in henman dreamworld but i would want to be federer
Old 11-01-2003, 12:56 AM   #157
zephyr_uk

i know u want to have sex with tim henman but please keep it strictly tennis
Old 11-01-2003, 12:57 AM   #158
zephyr_uk

and sjengster if i am hilarious thats great it shows my personality and humour are class and i make you laugh thankyou for the compliment lmao
Old 11-01-2003, 12:59 AM   #159
zephyr_uk

I olove how you say henman has very good game and stats dont lie..EXCUSE ME who is current wimbledon champ?? and hwo has never won it even when the draw is fixed up for him to win ?????

I thankyou and rest my case
Old 11-01-2003, 01:01 AM   #160
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok Zephyr, it really is...

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

George W. Bush, 2000

Old 11-01-2003, 01:05 AM   #161
zephyr_uk

"But Henman showed in the tiebreak why he has an edge"

DOES HE REALLY??? lmao so where does he leave his edge when its wimbledon and the other three slams????

correct me if i am wrong but has henman never been past 4th round in other 3 slams????

or do you have dreams hes won a slam and sucked into media hype that hes better than what he is??

LMAO !!!! BRING IT ON !!!
Old 11-01-2003, 01:16 AM   #162
zephyr_uk

and your union jack you paint on your face each year is very cute but it still wont help henman win wimbledon
Old 11-01-2003, 01:20 AM   #163
zephyr_uk

its cool i understand.....it paris and cos hes had good run and could win it you can pretend its french open.
Old 11-01-2003, 03:19 AM   #164
zephyr_uk

It's ok Zephyr, it really is...??? 1Jackson

whats ok??? he boil on your bum? or the price of fish???? lmao tell me whats ok...explain

and why do you have a pic of a sportscar?????
Old 11-01-2003, 03:33 AM   #165
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

Zephyr, I was referring to your 2345723984723 many consecutive posts talking to yourself, telling you to calm down. Now stop staring at my ass.

I have a pic of a sportscar cuz I want one. Any prob?

George H.W. Bush, 1988

George W. Bush, 2000