end of year review - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-27-2003, 11:09 AM   #1
ubrunjensen

ubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default end of year review

Hello, I know that 2003 is still on and that he still has to play Paris-Bercy this week with very little chance of going to Houston, but I wonder what you guys think of his year so far?
I don't really know anything about what he did before French Open, but I think he played great tennis during the grass season (Stella Artois & Wimbledon), then faltered a bit in America pre- and post-US Open, with the Grand Slam a real low point . I must admit I was rather disappointed. And he gets injured pretty often, doesn't he?
But his comeback was stellar, even if he didn't win in Tokyo, and with a postition as number 10 on Entry and Race list I think he's done pretty well this autumn.
I'm still bitter about St Petersburg, though...
Anyone know what tournaments he will play next year in between Grand Slams?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
country flag Lizan

Lizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: end of year review

Yeah well before RG and at RG he didn't really Jumped out (is that actually an expression, in dutch it is )
I noticed that he alwys catches up his pionts at the end.. Like this year too.. I wish he could be in top 10 sth earlier.. Unstead of Coria and Schuettler (sorrry if there are people who like them).. No offense but Seb is much better, although he did lose hmmmz..

Me Appy

Lizan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 07:13 PM   #3
ubrunjensen

ubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond repute

You're right, I never noticed before, but he actually seems to get better as the year advances. A shame, really, coz this year it's too late to pick up the really important points and join the Masters. Last year he had that thigh problem, didn't he? He ended up being no. 16 on the Race list, right? If he can stay at no. 10 this year I'd say that 2003 was a good year for him, even if he did lose a couple of finals and never got a title! If only he could manage to stay injury-free! He's sure got the talent, he moves well on court, has a strong forehand, has improved his serve no end, and can do everything well. I just wish he would be more consistent. And one day beat Andy Roddick to pulp! He just can't win against the American...
Old 10-27-2003, 07:55 PM   #4
country flag Lizan

Lizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond repute

hehe that would be cool. He did beat him a couple of times didn't he?!! I know for sure that he won one time.. I love to see his forehand groundstrokes. I love his game. Yeah he's extremely talented, to bad he isn't a little bit younger, coz he's one of the older guys already while he is only 25..

But don't forget, he did win a masters. BERCY!! And he almost won Madrid last year. He had so many chances.. Because if he won from Agassi (which almost happened), he got the titel (walk over from Novak).. I was really pissed off, HE should have had the trophee.. He was really close.... Ah well...

Me Appy

Old 10-27-2003, 08:15 PM   #5
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: end of year review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizan
Unstead of Coria and Schuettler . No offense but Seb is much better, although he did lose hmmmz..
despite i dont like Coria at all,I must admit that he had a fantastic year so he deserves to be at the Masters Cup.as for Schuettler,puaffff I hate him...i call him Shittler and yes SEb's better than him!
Old 10-27-2003, 08:51 PM   #6
country flag Lizan

yeah seems like nobody likes him.. Well coria is only a terrific player on clay.. I don't think he belongs at the masters cup.

Me Appy

Old 10-27-2003, 10:04 PM   #7
country flag stephB

stephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond repute

but rainer played also very well this year. and he is really friendly. he´s not one of my faves. but......somehow i like him a little. maybe because he stayed on the ground. dont know. but seb is better. no way just wanted to say that there is no use for hating schüttler
stephB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:09 PM   #8
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

u r german,StephB that's why u like Shittler!
I'm italian and I'm the most anti-patriotic girl on this world...LOL no,it's true...Shittler played great this year,very consistent,he deserved his spot @ Masters Cup.I just wanted Seb,Paradorn and Mark getting into the best 8,but the ones who qualified r worthy!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:12 AM   #9
ubrunjensen

No matter where your sympathy lies there is of course no doubt that the players who join the Masters all deserve it. I dislike Roddick almost as much as I like Ferrero, but even I have to admit that Rotten Andy is here to stay for a very long time and that he's so hard to beat becoz he actually plays great tennis!
If talent and mental strength were the only qualities to admire in a player my list of personal favourites would look very different!
It's probably "so like a girl", but I happily admit that I like certain players mostly becoz of their sweet personalities or good looks or great way with the press, absolutely not only becoz of their game!
So, I really don't care if Grosjean didn't really deserve to be in Masters (on account of how he's played all year), I want him to be there becoz he's a sweetie AND can play spectacular tennis on a good day!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:11 PM   #10
country flag Lizan

Sorry Steph

Me Appy

Old 10-28-2003, 12:29 PM   #11
ubrunjensen

What's with poor Schuettler? I've never seen him in action, so don't know if I like his game or not. Only dislike him coz he beat Grosjean in Tokyo!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:33 PM   #12
country flag stephB

stephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond repute

it´s not that i like schüttler. sure i´m german but i cannot remember a match with a german and i support him. i saw a match of a german against julien boutter. i prefer boutter. i saw a match of a german against antony dupuis. i prefer dupuis. lindsayfan, seems that you are not the most anti-patriotic girl on this world. so we both can name us like this . but you all are right. he´s quite normal (rainer). nothing special. but he´s very friendly. and that´s what i like
stephB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 07:00 PM   #13
country flag Lizan

yeah I don't know.. He's just a little bit ennoying. Don't hate him, but yeah I don't know.. His game is also very BORING.. It irritated me when he played Seb, he didn't made a mistake at all.. Seb made a thousand mistakes, but played better in Tokyo last time I guess.. Hope he wins next time!!

Me Appy

Old 10-29-2003, 04:25 AM   #14
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: end of year review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizan
.. Unstead of Coria and Schuettler (sorrry if there are people who like them).. ..
coria has had an amazing year. i think he just proved that last week when he came back from injury and won his first tourney back...too good

but i respect your opinion..and i think the same about nalbandian. And if Andy takes JC's number one i will be madder than ever
Old 10-29-2003, 07:31 AM   #15
ubrunjensen

Beats me how anyone can like Roddick...but maybe I wouldn't dislike him so much if he hadn't wiped out Grosjean at Queen's final? And didn't gasp and grunt when hitting balls or look so annoyingly confident all the time!