Denis Gremelmayr - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #46
country flag Desi

Desi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denis Gremelmayr

Hab das auf deinem Blog gerad gelesen.Ist mir aber trotzdem unbegreiflich.Jetzt stehen die sogar nur mit 2 Deutschen da und wäre Rainers Verfahren nicht durchgekommen,wäre sogar nur Kiwi da.Dann doch lieber 4 Deutsche und mehr Chancen auf gute Platzierungen.Aber über den Unsinn der nationalen Kriterien hast du dich ja auch in deinem Blog schon ganz ausführlich ausgelassen
Nando
Richard
Lukas Lacko

Last edited by Desi : 12-03-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Desi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #47
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
http://www.focus.de/sport/tennis/ten...id_322502.html ...only in German...
I wonder why the German officials did not nominate Denis for the Olympics.
Before I read this article I thought that he did not want to play there, but now i can't imagine a reason why they didn't nominate him as the 4th German.
Does anyone know the reason?
Thanks for posting the article, I'm glad to see somebody finally writes about him in Germany.
A bit late, though.
German tennis fans are now discovering that Gremelmayr actually wanted to play and is disappointed, that's really surreal and says a lot about the support and the coverage he got during the whole story.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #48
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

As for the DOSB criteria, it was the same thing in Belgium, and they appealed to get the right to play since they had met the international requirements - and they won. Theoretically, the German players could have tried that too, all the more since there was a precedent.

But that's pure theory because in fact, nobody in Germany seemed eager to follow the international requirements like everywhere else. Berrer was ahead of Schüttler in the rankings and would have been the 4th German player then, right? Unthinkable, Schüttler had to get in, he got all the support, nobody cared about the other ones.

That's how it looked to me. I really feel sorry for Gremelmayr, he looked more like an hindrance to Schüttler's nomination most of the time. Nobody seemed to care about how unfair it was for him.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #49
country flag Desi

Desi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond reputeDesi has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are right that most Germans didn't notice the unfairness of this decision by the DOSB. In my opinion one reason for that is the ''quiet'' acceptance by Denis and Michael. I also thought that they doesn't want to play there till I read the article about his disappointment today.
Another reason is that Rainer is more famous here,so a lot of people want him to play in Peking. I'm also really happy that he can start now,but I also feel sorry with the other two because they deserve a participation, too.
BTW denis won the first set against Lopez in LA 7:5 3:2
Nando
Richard
Lukas Lacko
Old 08-06-2008, 09:09 PM   #50
country flag Desi

Denis vs. Feliciano Lopez 7:5 7:5
Nando
Richard
Lukas Lacko
Old 08-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #51
country flag Truc

Wow, nice timing to get a couple of good wins!

The whole Olympia drama probably hasn't helped his results either in the past two months (when he was slumping so badly after RG).
Old 08-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #52
country flag Truc

I can see why people wanted Schüttler to play more than Gremelmayr and Berrer, Desi, I know he's much, much more popular, and people think he has a better chance to do well, also in doubles with Kiwi - I know the reasons for all the support.
But well, he hadn't met the requirements of the DOSB either (he only did much later), he hadn't been nominated in time, so he really was helped A LOT, while Gremelmayr never seemed to get support of any kind. From anybody. The fans, the media, the German tennis... Even after the success of the Belgian players in a similar situation, he obviously didn't get any help to try to make use of his rights to play.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #53
country flag Desi

I think now we got our punishment.I mean,we have so many good players and now there will play only two of them in Peking.I hope this will help that the mistakes,which are made this year won't be make again in the future.
I also think the timing of Denis is very good, so he can show ´how silly it was not to nominate him.
And althought I'm a big fan of Rainer for a long time,I'm not sure if his chances in peking are better than Denis' ones.
But I do not only criticize the German criterias for the Olimpics. In my opinion the rules of the ITF are also not fair.
Nando
Richard
Lukas Lacko
Old 08-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #54
country flag Glinda

Glinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond reputeGlinda has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats for making it to the semis in LA!
Glinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #55
country flag zveeen

zveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond reputezveeen has a reputation beyond repute

great week for him
zveeen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:51 AM   #56
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

I took this pics at the Countrywide Classic =) in L.A i have more here http://picasaweb.google.com/kaiadade...ideClassic2008

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #57
country flag Truc

Thanks, but it's Florent Serra, isn't it?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #58
country flag Enja

Enja has a reputation beyond reputeEnja has a reputation beyond reputeEnja has a reputation beyond reputeEnja has a reputation beyond reputeEnja has a reputation beyond reputeEnja has a reputation beyond reputeEnja has a reputation beyond reputeEnja has a reputation beyond reputeEnja has a reputation beyond reputeEnja has a reputation beyond reputeEnja has a reputation beyond repute

from Moscow

the others in the site
http://www.rustennisplayers.ru/image...remelmayr.html
Old 04-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #59
country flag tennis2018

tennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond repute

from Delray beach feb. 09

here's Denis w/ coach or trainer not sure ne1 know whoo he is???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 042.JPG (296.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 354.JPG (133.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 355.JPG (194.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg geremelmeyer coach.JPG (272.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg gremelmeyer.JPG (193.6 KB, 3 views)
tennis2018 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #60
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

won a challenger last week, no°3 since may, and he should be top100 soon again, come on Gremel
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote