Gaston time to wake up in the Land Down Under AO thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #61
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaston time to wake up in the Land Down Under AO thread

Well congrats Gaston for that win. But the upcoming match will be painful for me...........
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #62
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, Gastón, on a convincing win!
Now on to Fabrice, which should be an exciting match to watch!

When I can I’ll translate a couple of short articles for you. In the meantime, I'll tell you about the match. This isn’t a report, but rather my impressions:

When you see one of Gastón’s matches you expect him to be unpredictable, mercurial, with flashes of great tennis mixed with incomprehensible errrors, but yesterday he showed a different attitude. I think he played a very intelligent and calculating match, although rather boring. He took into account the awful heat and humidity and his less talented rival, and tried to win without exerting himself too much. His serve wasn’t working as well as in his first match, and he had quite a few foot faults, but he had only one DF and did quite a lot of damage with his second serve. All his other shots were good, but he also played safe, taking no unnecessary risks, knowing he was better than his rival and letting him make the mistakes. In the first two sets he had only 5 UEs!
In the third set Burgsmuller started to take greater risks and improved his game, and Gastón was finding it difficult to break him and got fed up – he just wanted to finish it quickly – and he started complaining to his team and had a few more errors. But that didn’t affect his concentration too much and once he got his break it was all plain sailing.
I get the impression that after all this time Gastón is finally believing in himself and goes on a court with the self-confidence of a top ten who has to overcome these hurdles to reach the more exacting matches. Just a day’s work… In the meantime, he plays cat and mouse with his opponents and makes them look worse than they are.
It's a wonderful feeling to be able to relax and watch Gastón play without being on the verge of a heart attack, because you trust him to do things right!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #63
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Vale!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #64
country flag reiko

reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Vale, also for the translations in the news thread.
It maybe is only me but I find your match report to be better than the articles you translated...

I'm glad, anyway, you did not have to deal with a possilbe heart attack.
reiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:44 PM   #65
country flag Eléa

Eléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiko
Thanks, Vale, also for the translations in the news thread.
It maybe is only me but I find your match report to be better than the articles you translated...
i agree
Thanks for your great Job Vale

Marcelo Rios - Hugo Armando (my Hugo's blog) - David Ferrer

all my support to: X-man, Lleyton, Mario, Feli, Diego H, Willy Canas, Ruben, Nico L, Igor, Peter, J-P and Robert & Rameez
to my "pti potes" Diego Junqueira , Gustavo Marcaccio & "Régis" Guzman
and Vince
Le crado Zabaleta "EveRRRybody"
Eléa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:02 PM   #66
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Well congrats Gaston for that win. But the upcoming match will be painful for me...........
congrats Gaston
But the next match will be painful for me too .....

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #67
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Vale, you are getting ahead of yourself. Nothing has changed really when it comes to the self-belief department on this surface, if he proves me wrong, that will be fantastic.

There isn't a point getting excited about him beating Sabau and Burgsmuller, he should be doing that, the actual test is when he starts playing better players and this is coming very soon. Davin wasn't at the Gaston match, he was out at the Santoro match.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:48 PM   #68
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Davin, smart guy!

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 01-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #69
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Franco has come up with a good strategy!
In an interview yesterday Gastón said that Santoro plays some very strange shots, unlike any others in the circuit. Asked if even so he preferred playing against him and not Hrbaty, he said 'I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AGAINST HRBATY EVER AGAIN!"
He was also asked if he feels calmer nowadays and he answered "Yes, I'm calmer. I'm really very, very much calmer!"

VAMOS GASTI, KEEP UP THE GOOD ATTITUDE! GIVE US A THRILL!!!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:27 PM   #70
country flag Corina2605

Corina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Gaston against Santoro!!!

Thanks Vale for all translations, much appreaciated

Good luck to Pico Monaco, Juan Chela, Gaston Gaudio, Machi Gonzalez, Edu Schwank, Fabio Fognini, Roger Federer, Marco Chiudinelli, Rafa Nadal, Juan-Carlos Ferrero, Fernando Verdasco, Tommy Robredo, David Ferrer and Marc Lopez

Vamos ARG DC team!!! 2011 is the year to win the title!!!! Vamos!!!
Corina2605 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:18 AM   #71
country flag RogiFan88

What's Gaston's record in 5-setters...has he come back from 2 sets down before? Cos it's 36 26 75 61 and they're going 5 down under! VAMOS GASTON!!

Old 01-20-2006, 02:38 AM   #72
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
What's Gaston's record in 5-setters...has he come back from 2 sets down before? Cos it's 36 26 75 61 and they're going 5 down under! VAMOS GASTON!!
Yes, Gaston has come back from two sets down before. Remember that epic FO final with Coria?
Old 01-20-2006, 02:40 AM   #73
country flag RogiFan88

Duh! How could I forget my all-time favourite slam final?? Think RG04 final, Gasti! VAMOS!!

Old 01-20-2006, 03:16 AM   #74
country flag sonatinca

sonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond repute

It was real thriller, 3d set was unforgetible! Almost 4 hrs...
But he lost... I dont know what happened, I'm just really sad and I'm crying another year he's going home after 3d round...

December 1-3, 2006 Moscow - A fairy tale I'll never forget

~*~Also the Proud Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society~*~

¡SOY UN PUMA!

Dream as if you have forever. Live as if you only have today. - James Dean

Last edited by sonatinca : 01-20-2006 at 03:19 AM.
sonatinca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:27 AM   #75
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

What a heartbreaker. When I first saw the score Gaston had lost the first 2 sets and then he fought his way back to even the score. I thought he was going to pull it off.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote