Kolya Knocks Everyone Out Of Melbourne - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2006, 09:38 AM   #61
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kolya Knocks Everyone Out Of Melbourne

Now a proper post match press conference transcript. Kolya and his fishing LMAO He is so sweet

N. DAVYDENKO/D. Hrbaty

4‑6, 4‑6, 6‑4, 6‑2, 6‑3

Q. Can you tell us how you felt serving for the match being down Love‑40 against a fighter.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: You know, I don't think about anything. Like was Love‑40 and, you know, I don't concentration like I want to win this match, you know, my game and my serve. But I still, you know, like try to fight, like try to fight third set and fourth set like the same in my serve. I was I think lucky in this game because he still start to play good after 5‑1, yeah. He was in like make winners for me and was tough. I play, it was difficult. I cannot already run because we play already 3 hours, 30 minutes. It was difficult to run like right and left. If he make some make winners, it was tough for me.

But, you know, few points he make like mistake. You know, I make good serve. I think it was for me was lucky this point.

Q. And to finish it off with an ace...

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, like I was concentration. Could make first serve. And like after you never know what's happen. And it was good for me. Was make like ace.

Q. Is your form as good as last year?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, I finish like late. I play Shanghai, and I think still my form is the same like last year. I think it's still the same like last year here in Australia Open, quarterfinal. Now I still like here also quarterfinal this year.

It's for me already good result.

Q. You were critical of the crowd in your last game. How were they today?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Was good. I like this. You know, crowd, it's okay. Like, you know, it doesn't matter. We play many tournaments, many like Davis Cup matches in like in other city, you know, like in other country because it's very loud. But, you know, it's not like do something people say to you, you know, bad words, you know, for the players. This is, I never see before.

But normally, if crowd is like so loud, it's okay. I never mind. It's normal.

Q. Two sets down against Hrbaty, does knowing how many five‑set matches you play in some strange way actually give you confidence?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: You know, I didn't believe, you know ‑‑ I think nobody believe I can win, you know, match today because I was already in third set was like losing my serve 4‑3. He's serving.

You know, I try like play the same, you know, try to fight. This game I win like 4‑All and then try come back, was 5‑4. But it was difficult also in the third set. Finish, you know, the set because he running good, I try to running also good, and we play a long rally. You know, was important make no mistake. He make like many mistake in the third set. This is for me good.

Q. Knowing what's coming up next, either Roger or Tommy, how do you feel physically after today?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: You know, I think my physically was today already better because like I play five sets. I thinking I was dying after two sets, I cannot like running, was like difficult for me run. And then I try running third set. I try running already fourth set. I thinking, like, I finish already in fourth set, I (can/can't?) retire from my match. But still running right, left, right, left, you know. I can't running, you know, go straight or back, you know. Only right, left. For me was important if he didn't make not dropshot or something like this, only play from the side. It was better for me.

Q. If you were to play Roger, what are your expectations about him? Your record is 6‑0 now.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, I lost many times against him. Sometimes I losing 7‑6, 7‑5. Is difficult matches against Federer.

But I need, yeah, play I think more better, not like today. Because all match I am running, yeah, right, left. He playing good. He play fast. Federer make good serving, play many volleys. Because Hrbaty just play from baseline. Plus I was running, make slice, come back, we play many from baseline. Against Federer, he just try hitting ball, then go to the net, play more volley and winners. You know, it's pretty tough against him to play enough this match like today.

Q. What do you have to do well to play well against Roger, your own game?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: It's difficult to say. I think I need to play more faster, like better control in from baseline.

Q. If you were to play Tommy Haas, what do you think about him?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Haas little bit not so fast like Federer. He's like make more topspin, and he make little bit slow. Hrbaty play fast. But Haas play normal, like make topspin, good slice, play good serve, but not like Federer so much go to the net or something pression. I don't feel so much pression.

Q. You beat him at the French Open last year. Hard court, what do you do?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, here Rebound Ace is faster, yeah. Little bit you need ‑‑ is different run. In Roland Garros I can run. I make easy run because you slicing. Easy make topspin. He cannot go to the net because I can play long rally. And here he can shouldn't play faster. He can like make net cord, something, you know, for me difficult to moving here. I think if I moving, you know, five sets, is tough.

Q. What will you do tomorrow physically to get yourself ready?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I think I guess maybe I go fishing for like few minutes, and then take rest little bit, little bit practicing, yeah, 15 minutes maybe. We'll see.

Q. Where will you go fishing?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know. It's like ATP something do promotion for me somewhere here.

Q. Very relaxing, maybe go all day.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah (smiling).
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #62
country flag Five

Five has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melekhin
Have you rememebred what you say when he was down a break in third? that Koly is done, but he wooooooooooooooooooon!!!! That's why i try to be optimistic always when seeing tennis
of course I still remember
but not only me
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Annie}
Same here!!!!! when Hrbaty took Kolya's serve in the third set, I had a gut feeling it wasn't over..
Actually, i started watching the match only from the seventh game of the third set after the Kiefer match was finished. And he also started winning from then Kolya fought hard, ran for every point and had some beautiful winners He was a break down in 4th and 5th set but he broke to love right back and never looked back Next up is Federer. Give him a good fight for his money
Five is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #63
country flag Five

Five has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond repute

OMG the boy was shy when he was interviewed
I love his russian accent when he speaks english
Old 01-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #64
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
OMG the boy was shy when he was interviewed
I love his russian accent when he speaks english
I know!!!!! It's so cute But it's not a bad Russian accent, it sounds really soft and he's so sweet, he's all the time shy and smiley
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
Old 01-23-2006, 03:39 PM   #65
country flag Five

Перед матчем с Федерером Давыденко собирается порыбачить

Российский теннисист Николай Давыденко, который в понедельник вышел в четвертьфинал Открытого чемпионата Австралии, поспорит за путевку в следующую стадию турнира с швейцарцем Роже Федерером.

Рассуждая о том, за счет чего он сможет обыграть грозного соперника, россиянин ответил: "Трудно сказать. Наверное, я должен играть намного быстрее и более надежно играть на задней линии".

Что касается своего физического состояния после изнурительного пятисетового матча, то Давыденко признался, что после двух партий думал, что сам с корта не уйдет. "По ходу матча я думал, что умру. Я не мог нормально бегать, - передает его слова официальный сайт турнира. - Но потом потихоньку игра стала ко мне возвращаться, стали проходить удары, которые я задумывал".

Также отечественный теннисист вспомнил, что неоднократно играл против Федерера, однако ни разу не выиграл. "Я много раз проигрывал ему. Иногда в напряженной борьбе. Против него всегда играть очень трудно. Но, я думаю, мне необходимо играть против него гораздо лучше, чем сегодня. Он быстр, здорово подает, надежно играет с обеих рук".

В заключение Давыденко рассказал, что он собирается делать для того, чтобы на матч против фаворита выйти в оптимальной форме. "Думаю, я немного порыбачу, немного отдохну, немного потренируюсь. А там посмотрим".

Николай Давыденко играл с Роже Федерером шесть раз, и во всех встречах россиянин терпел поражение, отмечает РИА "Новости". В последний раз соперники встречались в 2005 году на турнире в Гамбурге, и тогда представитель Швейцарии праздновал победу со счетом 6:3, 6:4.

How many fishes do you think Kolya can catch?
Old 01-23-2006, 03:42 PM   #66
country flag alelysafina

Location: In the middle of nowhere... and nowhere near the beach :(
alelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could have watched!! I read his interview and He is so cute! Him and his fishing

Now Roger Federer! Good luck Kolenka!!

I want to have my evil way with Tommy Robredo

Nikolay Davydenko Online

My Av was made by J'torian
alelysafina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #67
country flag {Annie}

Federer

Seriously Kolya, just get out there and have fun! Enjoy it as much as you can, this is the best way to play Roger!!! We have nothing to lose sweetie and that's our biggest power
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
Old 01-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #68
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

woo, god bless me not caring for his match vs Hrbaty or i would die i thought which is a strange thing esp for Kolya in Aussie, anyway, good luck to Roger
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:50 AM   #69
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Rod Laver Arena Start Time 7.30 PM

Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Roger Federer (SUI)[1] vs. Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)[5]

anything will be all right but bagel(s) pls
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:09 PM   #70
country flag Melekhin

Melekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Annie}
Same here!!!!! when Hrbaty took Kolya's serve in the third set, I had a gut feeling it wasn't over..I was soooooo pissed off because aparently everyone else thought it was!!! NTV+ Sport and Eurosport switched to Myskina at that point and if not for RTR-Sport we wouldnt have seen that triumph!!!!!!!!!!

strange

i have seen this match on Eurosport Russia

Good Luck Nikolay, tomorrow
Melekhin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #71
country flag {Annie}

Eurosport went back on Kolya after Myskina lost
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
Old 01-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #72
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

nastya lost?poor her...sorry just heard the news!

kolenka,u know only the russians have the right to defeat fedex in ao!davai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #73
country flag {Annie}

rotflmfao yeah Kolya, call Marat for a chat, maybe Peter will give some tips
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
Old 01-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #74
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

exactly my point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:44 AM   #75
country flag {Annie}

1 set Roger 6:4 but looks like there's a battle

Roger broke Kolya but Kolya broke back right away but serving at 4:5 couldn't hold his serve

DAVAI KOLYA!!!!!!!!! DAVAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI