Kooyong 2006, Start of the Season - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kooyong 2006, Start of the Season

As so far, no one open the Kooyong thread, then i open one.

AAMI Classic
January 11-14 2006
Kooyong, Melbourne, Australia.

http://www.aamiclassic.com.au/
http://www.kooyongltc.com.au/

Player list:
1, Federer, Roger
2, Roddick, Andy
3, Ljubicic, Ivan
4, Nalbandian, David
5, Coria, Guillermo
6, Monfils, Gael
7, Haas, Tommy
8, Kiefer, Nicolas
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kooyong 2006, Start of the Season

Sorry Crys, I posted the draw in the exhibitions thread before I saw this new thread. We'll use this thread from now on if you want.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:56 AM   #3
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nova, well hope he plays well. Seems to be a nice list
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed you already posted it Gooner but I guess it'll be handy to have it here also.

The schedule has come out for tomorrow:

Wednesday 11 Jan 2006 (Starting at 11am. Gates Open 9am)
Roger Federer vs Tommy Haas
Andy Roddick vs Gael Monfils
Ivan Ljubicic vs Guillermo Coria
David Nalbandian vs Nicolas Kiefer

They put the schedule up but not the draw. I wonder if David's on Federer or Roddick's section.

I don't really know what to expect against Kiefer, but hope David plays well. It won't be televised though so I won't be able to comment on the match.

Last edited by krystlel : 01-10-2006 at 08:23 AM.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:31 AM   #5
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one krystel.
It will be a good test for him. Kiefer was playing well in the Hop Cup last week before he got an injury. The most important thing is for Nalbo to find some form.
The website is poor and hardly updated, with no draw posted aswell.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner88
Sorry Crys, I posted the draw in the exhibitions thread before I saw this new thread. We'll use this thread from now on if you want.
awh sorry...i didn't check the exhibitions thread.....too busy lately and can't check every thread

Thanks gooner anyway i just think Kooyong is the exhibition warming for AO, so it's pretty different from the other exhibitions he played at the end of last year. That's why i open the Kooyong thread.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #7
country flag gooner88

http://www.aamiclassic.com.au/files/...Jan%202006.DOC

Some quotes from Nalbo at the Press Conference today.

Q: We wish you all the best. It was a difficult question to translate, by the way. David Nalbandian is joining us again and, David, it's always good to see you down here in Australia. I was reading recently about the way that you like play your tennis and the tactics that you like to employ. Do you enjoy the fact that players find it difficult to play against you?

DAVID NALBANDIAN:
A: I always find difficult playing against them. I really enjoy playing tennis and move the opponents in the front of the net always is fun but I always try to do my best, I really enjoy my tactics.

Q: David, has your Masters Cup win in Shanghai given you more confidence that you can win a major now, is that a big step for you to take?

DAVID NALBANDIAN:
A: Of course it was a big step but, like Roger says, there's a lot of good players in here playing the Grand Slam and everybody wants to win it so it's going to be tough but of course the Shanghai gave me more confidence so I will try to take the first one.

Q: David, we talk about momentum in sport. How important is it to start the season well in tennis?

DAVID NALBANDIAN:
A: It is very important. More important is when you feel healthy and that's more important than your game and maybe during the year you can start winning matches and feel more confidence but if you don't feel healthy that's tough. Of course when you start very good the season it's very good for the rest of the year so everyone is going to do the best that they can from here.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #8
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck, David.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #9
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #10
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, David.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #11
country flag Kyla

Kyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to David for his AO preparation

Kyla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:59 AM   #12
country flag Hola Mr. SK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond repute

nice one for your avatar
Hola Mr. SK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:58 AM   #13
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

The commentators mentioned the draw, so it seems to be like this:
Roger Federer vs Tommy Haas
Ivan Ljubicic vs Guillermo Coria
David Nalbandian vs Nicolas Kiefer
Andy Roddick vs Gael Monfils

Roddick has won his match 6-2 6-2, while Federer lost his match.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:44 AM   #14
country flag novanora

Thanks krystlel. So that say he is in Roddick's section.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:19 AM   #15
country flag gooner88

Kiefer won 6-3 3-2 ret.
I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with Nalbo.
If he recovers he'll play Monfils tomorrow I think according to the draw krystel posted.