Noam Okun - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-12-2006, 03:28 AM   #16
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noam Okun

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics
Yes, we Jews and Israelis support Israeli players because they are our players!
The Israeli players are very calm and relaxed on the court, very nice guys, unlike some other players who scream and gesture and curse on the court, lol.

Yes, Physics and Chemistry are related. Our screen-names are like siblings lol.
Well I have seen both types of players but the doubles duo were nice enough to sign 2 tennis balls from their stash at 2 separate tournies. One each for my boys. They were very sweet about it when I asked for the second time at the second tournie. Don't think they remembered me from the first time but my boys now want their signatures in hebrew! I told my boys they will have to ask for those themselves
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2006, 03:34 AM   #17
country flag physics

physics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond repute

I think that in general, the same fans return to watch the Israeli players. Just make sure you don't bother them too much, lol. I had plenty of chances for autographs, but I don't need them. Good luck with getting autographs for your boys.
physics is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:49 AM   #18
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think that in general, the same fans return to watch the Israeli players. Just make sure you don't bother them too much, lol. I had plenty of chances for autographs, but I don't need them. Good luck with getting autographs for your boys.
No I did not bother them. I was watching their practice in Montreal and a ball flew at me. I caught it and went to throw it back to them. Yoni said keep it and that was my opportunity to say "thanks but only if you will sign it". He laughed and they did after the practice was over. When I returned to the hotel to give the ball to my boys, they were like but there are 2 of us and only one ball. I was like oh come on.... So in Cinci I went back to another practice, waited and asked them at the end if they would be so kind to sign again for son #2. They thought that was so funny that this woman would bother to do that. They were very kind, very nice and very funny. Now my boys want those same balls with the sigs in Hebrew. Ah ah I will not ask again. They are on their own next time they are at a tournie with me and see the duo. I am sure the players would be nice about it though. That is just how they seem.
btw Cobalt60 is closer to physics than to chemistry
Old 02-13-2006, 03:52 AM   #19
country flag physics

physics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond repute

Did you go to Cinci just for the autographs? or do you regularly attend both Montreal and Cinci? Anyways, it's not too difficult to get autographs, just requires some patience.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #20
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Did you go to Cinci just for the autographs? or do you regularly attend both Montreal and Cinci? Anyways, it's not too difficult to get autographs, just requires some patience.
I went to Montreal with my family for vacation and to watch some tennis. My oldest who is 12 came 2 of the 4 days I went to the tennis and the rest was sightseeing and just enjoying the food. I also met up with a friend that I had met in Miami at the Nasdaq 2005. It was the first tennis tournies in a very long time I had started to follow the Israeli duo about April last year. I just started enjoying watching doubles more than singles. I like the pace and the volleying. And in Montreal I had watched Okun's qualies and then first round. Liked watching him but I saw loads of tennis in Montreal.
Cinci was from Sat to Wed and I had plans to go alone and just have a nice vacation away from the stresses of work and life in general. But it ended up being an unusual vacation to say the least. I had been following some other singles players but was turned off by antics. Enough said. Anyway I don't really care about autographs but my oldest and I had watched the Israeli duo's first round match and he liked them so asked me to get their autograph if I could. To be honest although I don't have any trouble talking to people/players when the time seems right, I am too old to ask for autographs. But as noted above I had the opportunity and I think my joking with Yoni helped. And what a mother will do for her children

Last edited by cobalt60 : 02-13-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:02 PM   #21
country flag physics

Seems like you had to take some long trips to watch tennis. I am lucky to live about 40 miles from the U.S. Open. Anyways, I definitely like singles more than doubles. Singles is more intense. Doubles is too fast paced. As far as autographs, it's mostly for kids. Not too many adults ask for them.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:19 AM   #22
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

I drove to Montreal but flew to Cinci and Miami. Heading to Vegas with my family but not going to really watch tennis ( qualies only for tennis open channel) After that I am planning to just watch on the tennis channel and give my traveling to tournies a break. I seem to have had enough. Enjoy the USO. So far I have enjoyed Cinci/Montreal the best.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:30 AM   #23
country flag physics

Cobalt, Sounds like you enjoy yourself on these trips.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #24
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Finally scanned my photos!
2 more of Noam...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Okun01.jpg (87.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Okun02.jpg (69.1 KB, 6 views)
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #25
country flag Maia

Maia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kristen
Maia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #26
country flag physics

Hey what's up with Noam Okun? he hasn't played since Davis Cup. Also, what'
s up with Harel Levy?
Old 03-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #27
country flag Maia

Maia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond repute

I think Noam is injured, and Harel plays pre-qualis in Miami
Maia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #28
country flag physics

I guess Noam is injured. Harel is only playing doubles in current Florida challenger, so he'll probably play qualies in Miami.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #29
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
I guess Noam is injured. Harel is only playing doubles in current Florida challenger, so he'll probably play qualies in Miami.
Yes I believe Harel is playing qualies. Too bad about Noam. I can't remember when he has had a year without an injury.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:23 AM   #30
country flag physics

Yep, Levy got a wildcard into Miami qualies. He has a pretty tough draw ahead of him. He faces Gimblestob in the first. Kadima Harel!

It's unfortunate that Okun is injured. He would of had good chances to qualify at the current masters series. I hope he recovers so I'll see him at the U.S. Open!