Sydney & the AO - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2006, 02:28 AM   #16
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney & the AO

Yea it's a pretty sucky draw for Taylor. His first round is winnable but you never know with Taylor. As for Andy down the road that just plain sucks. I like them both but Taylor hasen't beaten Andy in a long time. The last time they met at the AO wasen't pretty.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2006, 02:44 AM   #17
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

'wasn't pretty' is an understatement. Well I prefer Andy, so I was pleased but it was not a fun match to watch by any means.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #18

I hate it when two American players have to play each other at any time. Because one player is knocked out of the Tournament and the U.S. needs all it's players to stay in Tournaments as long as they can!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #19
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Taylor go

<<Marat Safin>><<Paul-Henri Mathieu>>...

<<Marin Cilic>><<Juan-Martin Del Potro>>...
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #20
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Taylor's first match at the AO will be third after an 11am start on MCA. He should win pretty easily I think.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-15-2006, 12:16 AM   #21

Deb I hate to remind you, but didn't you think Taylor was going to win easily before When he didn't This time I hope he does win easily
Old 01-15-2006, 01:08 AM   #22
country flag Deboogle!.

I did, but Clement has been a top 10 player before and has done well on Rebound Ace and stuff. Garcia-Lopez is low-ranked and hasn't had nearly the success that Clement has on this or any other surface. If Taylor loses to this guy, he's in BIG trouble.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:31 AM   #23
country flag Deboogle!.

OMG I WILL NEVER DISCUSS A TAYLOR MATCH AGAIN

lol.

Anyway, how disappointing for Taylor. Not a great effort

Old 01-16-2006, 05:32 AM   #24
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame losing to GGL in straight sets. It seems that Taylor was having troubles with his serve and GGL was playing too well. Two first round loses in two straight tournies, I just dont get it. He played so well at the HopCup and now all this.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:38 AM   #25
country flag Deboogle!.

that's the story with taylor - inconsistency. Fitness won't help that, so obviously he has more work to do

Old 01-16-2006, 11:19 AM   #26
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

<<Marat Safin>><<Paul-Henri Mathieu>>...

<<Marin Cilic>><<Juan-Martin Del Potro>>...
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
OMG I WILL NEVER DISCUSS A TAYLOR MATCH AGAIN

lol.

Anyway, how disappointing for Taylor. Not a great effort
I hate to say it Deb, but I told you so Still it was too bad for Taylor I agree he is in "big trouble"
Old 01-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #28
country flag Deboogle!.

He played pretty badly what they showed on tv. I still think it's a match he should've won. He was up a break in the last 2 sets and everything. Very poor performance from a few of my fave men in this first day. Very disappointing

Old 01-16-2006, 11:53 PM   #29

I don't have your tennis knowledge so I was just happy that Andy, James, and Robby won And sorry that Taylor
lost If Taylor and/or his game doesn't get changed quickly I don't see that he is going to have much of a tennis career at all which is a shame
Old 01-16-2006, 11:59 PM   #30
country flag Deboogle!.

Taylor's problem is his serve. It didn't hold up yesterday, and hte commentators were also saying that that was his problem in Sydney. I mean, Garcia-Lopez is a solid player and played very well. It's not like Taylor put in a performance like Melzer's yesterday where he might as well not have shown up. I just didn't think Taylor's attitude was very professional. Maybe he thought that getting into better shape would just immediately translate into solid results, I dunno, but he wasn't intense enough nor sharp enough and with the game he plays in particular, precision is so important and he was lacking that.

His serve is a problem because he is way too inconsistent with it. For a guy with a serve as HUGE as his, he gets broken a lot. And that's b/c he loses focus, throws in horrific doublefaults (he had 3 DFs in the very first game of his match yesterday). Fitness is only half the battle. I don't know if it's a technical problem with his serve that breaks down or mental or what, but no amount of fitness in the world will fix that problem and he won't reach the next level if he doesn't do something, and fast.