...and the Oscar goes to King Kooyong! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #31
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earth, Grind & Power: Kooyong thread

I love that Blosson's blue condom av is back
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #32
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
LOL Roddick working out in Hawaii so he could get adjusted to the climate. Why not just come out and say that Roddick wanted to have a good time?

Based on this 'article' and another more informational one that I posted in the 2006 News thread a while back from AR.com, Andy was there for a whole week, and the nice thing is that there were Rebound Ace courts there. So he's been on Rebound Ace since Dec. 31. That's excellent and probably better surface preparation than he's ever had before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
Anyways I'm really excited that Roddick is excited but then again athletes say that every year so I hope Roddick improved aspects of his game other than fitness and I hope that he proves me wrong this year.
Well, the thing is, Andy doesn't just come out and say he's excited without being prompted, so, I take that as a positive sign at least. He had as long an off-season this past year than he's EVER had (because he didn't play after Paris, and didn't play the first week of the year or Sydney so it's a few days longer than he's ever had), so there are no excuses. He should be in great shape and he better have worked on other parts of his game (though fitness is more important than just for endurance, b/c it would help his movement and if he can move better, he will for sure play better)...

I'll be disappointed if his returning and court positioning are NO better. I don't expect him to be rallying from 6in inside the baseline or hitting return winners, but I do expect to see some improvement in those two critical areas, and I also expect to see more backhands down the line. We shall see soon enough I suppose.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:13 PM   #33
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Andy, 20 years of standing 3 feet behind the baseline
will make you a totally different person this year.

Uh, decide to salivate over the #1 ranking.
Ok, he's #1 on the Wealthy Philanthropist Bachelor List!
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #34
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Deb, I'm also excited to see the changes in his game. Hopefully he actually applies them instead of just talking about them.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #35
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

From AR.com

Quote:
Andy Kicks Off 2006 in Kooyong
January 8th, 2006 11:15 am
By Erica Quandt

Andy will kick off his 2006 season at the fan favorite AAMI Classic invitational in Kooyong, Melbourne, Australia this Wednesday. The unique round robin format pits eight of tennis’s top players against each other over the course of four days.

With the strong field of Roddick, Federer, Coria, Nalbandian, Llubicic, Haas, and Monifils to date, the AAMI Classic is heavily regarded as the most anticipated prelude to the Australian Open. And what better way for Andy to start the season than against the best? Immediately following the holidays, Andy trained in Hawaii to better acclimate his game to the conditions he will face next week in Australia.

“I think the biggest thing for me is having an off-season to prepare. I’ve been off six weeks and worked extremely hard on getting fit. I’m trying to become a better athlete in general, and I’m more excited to begin a year than I ever have,” Roddick told reporters in a conference call last week.

The AAMI Classic in Kooyong is the ideal environment for Roddick and Goldfine to prepare for the season’s first Grand Slam. The friendly round robin format allows players to battle in low pressure, high caliber matches. The AAMI Classic does not award ATP Race points, rather provides the opportunity to play in several matches that exceed the level of most tournament finals and add confidence for players heading into the Aussie Open.

Last year Federer edged Roddick in the finals at the AAMI Classic. But a rejuvenated and focused Roddick has adopted a “more aggressive mind-set” for 2006 and will be looking to kick off the new year with some big wins in Kooyong.

For more on the AAMI Classic in Kooyong, visit http://www.aamiclassic.com.au/ and check back to Ar.com for all of Andy in Australia.
Cheers Tangy, I like my blue condom
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #36
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

hey bloss, you been debitized
http://menstennisforums.com/showpost...3&postcount=28

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #37
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
Well, quit posting your articles in the wrong threads then.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 01-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #38
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I haven't noticed there was already some serious fluff in this thread. Damn.
Attached Images
File Type: gif pc.gif (9.2 KB, 124 views)
Old 01-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #39
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Well, quit posting your articles in the wrong threads then.
I posted it in this thread! LOL!! Scroll up a little or go back a page depending on how many posts per page you have

I'm just giving you all a hard time

LOL bloss, that smiley

Old 01-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #40
country flag blosson
La La Land

Just anxious to check Andy's funky new game plan.

By the way the smilie is me being Debtized.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #41
Last dance, Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
I posted it in this thread! LOL!! Scroll up a little or go back a page depending on how many posts per page you have
Well then you're not formatting your posts correctly. You need to do what smucav used to do and put the news items between "[quote][ /quote]", with a few choice bold quote, that way your posts will stand out more and the rest of us won't get Debitized by accidentally skipping over your posts because nothing stood out, see?

And blosson, that smilie is hilarious.

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 01-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #42
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Well then you're not formatting your posts correctly. You need to do what smucav used to do and put the news items between "[ quote][ /quote]", with a few choice bold quote, that way your posts will stand out more and the rest of us won't get Debitized by accidentally skipping over your posts because nothing stood out, see?
I have a reason for not doing that - it makes it harder for people to quote parts of the article if they want to. So there.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #43
country flag Deboogle!.

According to Aussie papers, Andy's in Melbourne

Also, Kiefer replaced Agassi as the 8th person at Kooyong

Old 01-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #44
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

How much would a win over Fed at Kooyong mean for Andy?

Just throwing it out there.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #45
country flag Deboogle!.

A lot, and yet probably not so much. A win would be a win, but it's still a relatively meaningless exhibition. The important thing for him there is to get some confidence and more importantly get used to the conditions and get some matchplay in.