Week 6: Wrocław (POLAND) - ONE LAST THING TO BOTHER YOU hahah... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Week 6: Wrocław (POLAND) - ONE LAST THING TO BOTHER YOU hahah...

GLAMOROUS INDIE ROCK'N'ROLL CHALLENGER

alias
KGHM EMAX POLISH INDOORS OPEN CHALLENGER ATP WROCłAW 2006

I just wanted this thread to be mine before the entry list comes. I know it should be on 17th Jan but I hope to manage to get to a pre-date exam on 18th, taking a few exercise tests in the middle so I might have no time to sleep, not even speaking about creating a thread before anybody else.

And it's my city and my challenger and it's going to be cool And my friends from different parts of country are coming... yay...

And I should work in the press office, of course

THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE IS www.kghm-atp.pl but I fear it's only in Polish
(I can give you few lessons of Polish when I have time and before the tournament starts )

i want something else to get me through this life....

Last edited by Nathaliia : 02-15-2006 at 11:22 AM.
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 6: Wrocław (POLAND) - welcome to the scary movie

alright, seems like I can be here where I am until 6 p.m. CET . So it's the time for the introduction to Polish language.

It's not difficult. Just try to listen to the song Pudelsi - "Mundialeiro" and you will get everything in a minute. It's also a friendly language for the tourist, when you step outside of my dormitory, you see the shop

"FAMILIA - 24 h - ALKOHOLE"

You know that you can get everything what a student does need.
================================================== ======================

LESSON 1
(out of 2 I guess - depends on if you want to learn )
"Challenger vocabulary"

Halowy (Indoors) Międzynarodowy (International) Zawodowy (Professional) Turniej (Tournament) Tenisowy (of Tennis) Mężczyzn (for Men)

informacje = informations
rozgrywki = game / matches / schedule will be there etc.
zawodnicy = players
sponsorzy = i told you Polish was easy
media = see point "sponsorzy"
galeria = - guess...

do rozpoczęcia turnieju pozostało 30 dni = there are 30 days to start the tournament
Kubot triumfuje w Katarze = Kubot wins in Katar
gra pojedyncza = singles
gra podwójna = doubles
eliminacje = quallies
wyniki = scores
wyniki do druku = printable scores
plan gier = schedule
punkty i pieniądze = points and money
turniej VIP = a place where I cannot enter

meet the first family of words
sędzia = umpire
sędziowie = umpires
sędzia liniowy = linesman
sędziowie liniowi = linesmen
sędzina liniowa = lineswoman (some say "sędzia liniowa")
sędziny liniowe = lineswomen (here you can't say "sędzie liniowe")

Old 01-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - thanks for the lessons Nathi When I've ever been in Poland I've found reading the language relatively easy - but pronouncing it is a complete nightmare Enjoy your Challenger!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #4
country flag kataanna

kataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond repute

And I'll be on the challenger too, which means it's going to be interesting no matter what And it will be even more interesting if I see Koellerer and knock him down on court (Nathaliia will have a story to write about )
I only hope for lots of Czechs A Spaniard would do, too, but that's too much to dream of.
Right now I'm as busy as hell to have everything done before the tournament starts.

ps. Nathii, nice lessons. Just one thing... you don't say "informations" but "information" sorry... blame it on my job...
kataanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataanna

ps. Nathii, nice lessons. Just one thing... you don't say "informations" but "information" sorry... blame it on my job...

i have just passed the first part of quallification to the History of Philosophical and Political Theories pre-date (next Wednesday ) with the highest grade (it means I'm into the next step of selection)
so who's the boss ?

Of course I must stand on my head but get to this pre-date and pass it cause....... then I wouldn't have to struggle against it during the event

and besides this exam is famous of being very very difficult, while the professor doesn't even hide how spiteful he is there's nothing easier than to fail it, even if you're well prepared.
(Prof. Maciejewski: "Prof. Adamiak /very very famous lady/ said I was the biggest bastard at this faculty. Well, maybe she wasn't too far from the truth, but I still think she is worse even than me")

And as about Spaniards, who knows, Albert Costa signed into some European indoors entry lists

Old 01-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #6
country flag Nathaliia

Rosie

================
Lesson 2 = PRONOUNCIATION !!!

It is very difficult, but let's help Rosie read signs when she visits us again.

Wrocław = Vrotsuav
wódka (means: vodka) = voodka
piwo (means: beer) = pivo

How to say "Dzień dobry" (good morning) and "Kocham cię" (I love you) it's good to hear the song by Strachy na Lachy with the title: "Dzień dobry, kocham cię" (very original title but the song is good).

Old 01-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #7
country flag kataanna

kataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Dzień dobry, kocham cię"
Mmmmm one of my favourites lately

Costa wouldn't be bad at all Unless he bumps into Olej in the 1st round (Let's assume he gets through the quallies). I was hoping for David Marrero, but 1) I'm not sure about his rank and Wroclaw's cut off 2) There's a ch. in Italy in the same week
Perhaps Ferrero will come if he keeps losing like today (very bad joke )
BUT I'd love to see Alex Corretja
Ok, now that I've woken up, I'll get to checking who really can come

Btw. I'm so tired today after the weekend that my eyes are watering and I don't know how am I going to go on... I can't write at nights, 'cos at work I have to be at least half-conscious How I miss being only a student... partying at night, sleeping on lectures and still being able to pass the exams
kataanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #8
country flag Pixie

Pixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond repute

nathaliia

I had a friend born in poland with whom I used to jam in a music band. He tried to learn me polish but I'm afraid to say that I don't even remember one word

So you'll have to be patient with some of your students...I've decided to learn one word per week. Today I focuse on "alkohole"
Pixie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #9
country flag Nathaliia

Hello Kasia Pixie
========================
NEWS FROM THE BACKGROUND :
The press conference about the tournament will be on 19th January at 11 a.m. in Warsaw and at 7 p.m. in Wrocław - in the club "Związki" (związki = relationships). I am planning my future from one hour to another, but the most likely I will be there. As about Kasia and Emilia's stay in Wrocław, I've heard they found something in the center. It's far from the courts, but close to all the clubs.

LESSON 3
To make Pixie's life easier, let's point at some nice things today.
And let's use the numbers, too.
For today's lesson I invited a cool umpire, Mister Mo Lahyani.

Nathaliia: So, what do you think of Poland?
Mo Lahyani: Trzydzieści - czterdzieści (30-40)

*on the court* (na korcie)
zero - piętnaście = 0-15
przewaga Przysiężny = advantage Przysiężny
równowaga = deuce
gem = game
nowe piłki = new balls

*in the pub* (w pubie)
Ile kosztuje duże piwo? = How much is the big beer?
Sześć złotych = 6 PLN (= 1,40 Euro)
Poproszę małe piwo = Small beer please.
Tyskie? Warka? Lech? = (you may here from the barman - he names the brands of beer he has)
Trzy pięćdziesiąt = 3,50 PLN.

*At the disco* (na dyskotece; disco = dyskoteka)
Czy pójdziesz ze mną do łóżka... = Voulez-vous couche avec moi...
...dziś wieczorem? = ce soir?
(you may hear
Odpierdol się, bo zawołam policję / ochronę / mojego chłopaka = Piss off, or I'll call the police / the security / my boyfriend.

*in Wrocław* (we Wrocławiu)
miasto tysiąca mostów = city of a thousand bridges
pocałuję cię sto razy jeśli wygrasz turniej = I'll kiss you a hundred times if you win the tournament
w mojej książce jest dziewięć milionów konserwatystów = there are nine million conservatives in my book
kościół = church
tu jest dużo kościołów = there are many churches in here
Hala Ludowa = People's Hall (gonna be signed to UNESCO soon) : the matches will be there
Hala AZS = place for quallies and some main draw matches
Hala Madrid = uhmmm Real Madrid fans only (not for me)
akademik = dormitory
Dzień dobry, czy jest Nathaliia? - good morning, is Nathaliia there?
totalny kataklizm = me and my younger cousin Bartek

Last edited by Nathaliia : 01-11-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:32 PM   #10
country flag Pixie

Pixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 6: Wrocław (POLAND) - lessons of Polish language included

just a detail : voulez-vous coucher avec moi

apart from the disco (I got a girlfriend), everything I needed
It's now time to find money and time to go to poland...
Pixie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #11
country flag pete25

pete25 has a reputation beyond reputepete25 has a reputation beyond reputepete25 has a reputation beyond reputepete25 has a reputation beyond reputepete25 has a reputation beyond reputepete25 has a reputation beyond reputepete25 has a reputation beyond reputepete25 has a reputation beyond reputepete25 has a reputation beyond reputepete25 has a reputation beyond reputepete25 has a reputation beyond repute

No news about Younes playing here ?
I'm pissed. I can't find info about his plans for the coming weeks especially after his great win against Grosjean in Doha.
Please help.
pete25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #12
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie

just a detail : voulez-vous coucher avec moi

apart from the disco (I got a girlfriend), everything I needed
It's now time to find money and time to go to poland...
awww I guess I need lessons of written French. I was only hearing that from the French guys, nobody really wrote it to me on the card

girlfriend = dziewczyna
pieniądze = money
Polska = Poland
detal, szczegół = detail
wszystko = everything
czas = time

Old 01-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #13
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete25
No news about Younes playing here ?
I'm pissed. I can't find info about his plans for the coming weeks especially after his great win against Grosjean in Doha.
Please help.
Hi Pete,
As you know I was having quite a long conversation with Younes in Aachen and, which was obvious, one my first questions was if he was planning to come to Poland and suggested Wrocław as it's my city.
He said he would love to come and he was seriously thinking about it, if there was no Davis Cup at this time.
But an experienced player always says to journalists what they want to hear. It's definitely the biggest event of week 6... so, let's see. Maybe he can make a direct entry.

As about the Wild Cards, from what I know all will be given to Polish players (it's organizatiors' will) but I believe it won't be like this and we'll have at least one real deal star and Younes can be one.
(or Costa will really sign in and they will be 100% satisfied... then not that I have smth to Costa - no, I like him a lot... but I though maybe someone from top 30 )

Old 01-12-2006, 11:13 PM   #14
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

I'll sign up for this course, if there's still a place left for one more hard-working (I promise ) student?

I've taken the first three lessons now and my first impression of Polish language is very good. I can already say that I like it. My two favourite words so far are przewaga and pieniądze (don't know why, maybe cause they sound like Finnish words). Hopefully I can speak a few sentences in Polish after these lessons.

And Nathii, I liked the picture you had before 'Brazil' much much more...
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #15
country flag Nathaliia

maitosuklaa.

Before Brazil i had "Vamos Argentina" but I guess you didn't mean that one
I'm happy to see you online again, I thought you're very busy at uni and without time for posting. It's more or less just like me, but when you must look up to Jarkko, I must look up to my challenger.

Henna (my friend from Savonlinna) says her favourite word in Polish is "OKNO" (window). She was also astonished to hear the way Wrocław should be pronounced, and her faith thought-to-be-right pronounciation of "Małysz" was destroyed.

Adam Małysz = Adam Mauysh (should sound like this) not Adam Malyz !!!!