Has anyone read or is currently reading "the bell jar"? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-17-2003, 08:40 PM   #1
country flag andylover_16

andylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone read or is currently reading "the bell jar"?

i just finished this book that my sister and i were very interested in....it is based on sylvia plath a great poets early life....they are coming out with a movie about her titled sylvia plath....gwenyth paltrow plays her role and her mother in the movie is her mother in real life...so if you have i would like to here what you think or even if you havnt...im just very curious!

C'mon: Andy Roddick, Tim Henman..
andylover_16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2003, 05:15 AM   #2
GabbylovesLleyton

GabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond reputeGabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond reputeGabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond reputeGabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond reputeGabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond reputeGabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond reputeGabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond reputeGabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond reputeGabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond reputeGabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond reputeGabbylovesLleyton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone read or is currently reading

Samantha you are such a dork! It's just called "Sylvia"!:hammer:

Coldplay is the greatest band ever......Chris, Guy, Jonny, Will, you make my days brighter!!!

Good luck to Lleyton and Kim!

Coldplay rocked Cleveland on June 10, 2003 and I was there in all the glory!

GWYN IS PREGNANT!
GabbylovesLleyton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 04:42 PM   #3

andylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond repute

so im guessing thats a no.....that no one has read or even heard of it....

Old 10-18-2003, 04:54 PM   #4
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone read or is currently reading "the bell jar"?

There are so many books about Plath.

I was just reading a review about a new one called: "Her Husband" by Diane Middlebrook. It's an appraisal about the Hughes/Plath marriage.

Plath's children are pretty upset about the movie.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 04:54 PM   #5
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

And, I did read The Bell Jar a long time ago.

It's like required reading for adolescent girls.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:23 AM   #6

its a great book isnt it......it made me cry....

Old 10-19-2003, 01:23 AM   #7
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Yeah. It's one of those books you need to read when you are young. Salinger is that way too. Do you like his books?
Old 10-19-2003, 02:10 AM   #8

what are some of his writings?

Old 10-20-2003, 12:12 AM   #9
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Catcher in the Rye is the most famous one. If you liked the Bell Jar, I think you will like it too. It is about a disturbing young man at a prep school.

He's got others too. Mostly about the Glass family. J.D. Salinger. Look him up.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:13 PM   #10

i will make sure to do so....thanks for the information star...i am currently reading a closer look at ariel a memory of sylvia plath written by nancy hunter...she seems to have known her quite well they went to smith college together......have you read this yet?

Old 10-21-2003, 12:41 AM   #11
Poe

Poe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond reputePoe has a reputation beyond repute

it's my favourite novel.. by one of my favourite poets... Discovering her poetry really influenced me and before that i had never heard of the bell jar.. I looked it up and saw it was largely based on her life experiences so i read it to learn more about her

it really is a great book... right now i'm reading her unabridged journals
Old 10-21-2003, 01:09 AM   #12
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

I think everybody reads Catcher in the Rye in high school. And for good reason; it was a great book.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:20 PM   #13

Default Re: Re: Has anyone read or is currently reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe
it's my favourite novel.. by one of my favourite poets... Discovering her poetry really influenced me and before that i had never heard of the bell jar.. I looked it up and saw it was largely based on her life experiences so i read it to learn more about her

it really is a great book... right now i'm reading her unabridged journals
yes, but now that i am finished reading a closer look at arial....i realize that the bell jar was full of lies...she made up half of the things.....and she was damn good at it too....she definatly had problems...buts its interesting to hear the truth from nancy hunter....her book is great and really touching...sylvia is such a great poet i just wished she didnt have to live and die and she choose to...as nancy hunter quotes in the book"i dont believe that syliva truly wanted to kill herself i just believe that no one was their to save her like one had always been before"...."i will die if you desert me."...

Old 10-22-2003, 01:50 AM   #14
Ada Monroe

Ada Monroe has a reputation beyond reputeAda Monroe has a reputation beyond reputeAda Monroe has a reputation beyond reputeAda Monroe has a reputation beyond reputeAda Monroe has a reputation beyond reputeAda Monroe has a reputation beyond reputeAda Monroe has a reputation beyond reputeAda Monroe has a reputation beyond reputeAda Monroe has a reputation beyond reputeAda Monroe has a reputation beyond reputeAda Monroe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to try and read it before Sylvia comes out.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:50 PM   #15

are you going to see the movie?.....gosh i cant wait...its going to be so great...its already opened up in theaters through new york and la....just waiting for it to come somewhere around virginia/nc section...ive seen the trailor and it looks absolutly touching...but ive heard its not really all doom and gloom and they make it more happy sounding than her life really was...i have also found out that her kids were really upset about the movie....