Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Mark "Wildcard" Philippoussis Cheering Thread

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  flip_fan 
#1 ·
Come on Mark. Show us something!

#3 ·
Did he practice for more than 45 minutes?

#4 ·
Fee said:
Did he practice for more than 45 minutes?
lol.... i dont know its pretty hot for training... haha, but from the footage ive seen he does look fit and trim. its good he's playing doubles too, it probably helped get rid of some nerves and tightness last night.

GO MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 ·
Poor Vinny :tape: He was training so hard. Seriously. Haven't seen a lot of Mark though. Then again I haven't been looking. Hes bringing in the crowds. In doubs at least.

#10 ·
omggggg Alexis!!!!! There is nothing wrong with flat shoes!!! Just because your bf/fiancee/husband (what is he now?) is fifty feet tall, tsk! :)

#11 ·
Bjorkman Girl said:
omggggg Alexis!!!!! There is nothing wrong with flat shoes!!! Just because your bf/fiancee/husband (what is he now?) is fifty feet tall, tsk! :)
haha i think its cute, lol... i would be slapping on the heels or wedges if my photo was taken standing next to mark, then shown all over the world and internet! poor girl has everything going for her - except height.

c'mon mark fight hard tomorrow, big chance against hbarty!

#12 ·
she looked nice tonight. I really hated her shoes, as you can tell, but looked pretty in a blue dress, no sunglasses for a nice change :) Mark was guest speaker at a ladies day brunch this morning... Didn't really listen to him because I was watching Melzer practice (better than his actual match). He's doing well :) I'm not a fan, but, I'm happy he's winning and making use of the WC. Plus, you'll have some positive stuff to put in his thread! :yeah::wavey:

#14 ·
Bjorkman Girl said:
she looked nice tonight. I really hated her shoes, as you can tell, but looked pretty in a blue dress, no sunglasses for a nice change :) Mark was guest speaker at a ladies day brunch this morning... Didn't really listen to him because I was watching Melzer practice (better than his actual match). He's doing well :) I'm not a fan, but, I'm happy he's winning and making use of the WC. Plus, you'll have some positive stuff to put in his thread! :yeah::wavey:
u trying to make me jealous... well its working!! lucky you!

oh well he fought hard today, had his chances - but got down on himself during the second set and that was the end of it. Its good he still has doubles and then auckland hopefully he can fine tune things right for the oz open.

#15 ·
OMG! I left during the second set (well, at 5-3) thinking Mark is playing extremely well right now (up til that point I guess he was). I'm happy for Dominik in a way. It would be too embarrassing to lose on centre court, to an aussie (in aus) while wearing THAT shirt. LMAO I just wish I took the photo when he took off his shirt, and his head got stuck in one of the holes :haha:

Took some mark photos, hopefully they'll turn out ok. I'll put them in the Mark thread shortly.

#17 ·
HE lost on court yesterday, going down to Slovakia's Dominik Hrbaty at the Adelaide International 3-6 6-4 6-1.

Daddy's girl ... Babara walks with in-law to be Nick Philippoussis. Pic: Matt Turner

Loser: Scud looks good in defeat

But as Mark Philippoussis turns his attention to preparations for this month's Australian Open, he does so at least in the knowledge that fiancee Alexis Barbara is winning the battle of tennis partners.

The 18-year-old model and daughter of a Florida property tycoon, Barbara has been one of the more glamourous additions to the Adelaide landscape since arriving with her hot-and-cold tennis playing husband-to-be last weekend.

But like Delta Goodrem, who sat as forlornly courtside as her replacement while Philippoussis sweated himself through a long series of defeats, Barbara might occasionally consider the overall effect her presence has to his performance on court.

Aside from Philippoussis and Barbara, other love matches take the form of sporting alliances.

Finland's Jarkko Nieminen has just married Anu Weckstrom, Finland's No.1 ranked badminton player, while the girlfriend of the Czech Republic's sixth seed Tomas Berdych is young Czech tennis player Lucie Safarova.

But it doesn't get much bigger than dual grand slam winner Lleyton Hewitt, his wife - television and singing star - Bec Cartwright and their daughter Mia Rebecca, who was born just over a month ago in Sydney.

Tournament co-director and multiple grand slam-winning doubles player Mark Woodforde said the public image of players' partners was reasonably accurate.

"They (players) all have gorgeous girlfriends and wives," Woodforde said.
"My wife's gorgeous, Johno's (co-tournament director Peter Johnston) wife is gorgeous too.

"There's even a tournament directors' league of great-looking wives."
Outside of match time, the women can wander around the Next Generation sporting complex, have a swim, use the exercise machines or undergo a battery of hair, make-up and massage sessions.

They can also watch their other halves tune up on the practice courts.

Those less interested in sport can stay back at the official hotel, the Hyatt Regency on North Terrace, waiting in their suite until they get picked up and driven down to Memorial Drive at match time.

Anything it would seem, other than watch your bloke lose.
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17740250-23216,00.html

#19 ·
:lol:
The girl is pretty spunky... she's kind of intriguing in a paris hiltonesque kind of way, but less in-your-face and not annoying/a bimbo.

LOL @ me continuously coming back into the mark threads :tape: I should be pissed at him and Xavier for destroying Jarkko and Robert in doubles ;) ((Is it just me, or the moustache, but does Marks dad have a constant smile on his face?))

#20 ·
Bjorkman Girl said:
:lol:
The girl is pretty spunky... she's kind of intriguing in a paris hiltonesque kind of way, but less in-your-face and not annoying/a bimbo.

LOL @ me continuously coming back into the mark threads :tape: I should be pissed at him and Xavier for destroying Jarkko and Robert in doubles ;) ((Is it just me, or the moustache, but does Marks dad have a constant smile on his face?))
yes there's definately a mystery about her... they have kept their relationship very private, she hasnt done any interviews or spoken to journalists yet, i guess thats only added to the intrigue...

and the fashion.. lol, its like "what will she wear next?" - do u know shes like a honors student? ... and is doing a harvard course but through a distance education program so she can travel with mark. So she's definately not a bimbo, the girls got brains too... bitch! lol

and yes nick smiles alot... even when mark is losing - i bet he's really good at poker!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.