Retro Review: A Brief Glimpse Back At Nico Through Pictures And Videos - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-05-2009, 03:40 AM   #301
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retro Review: A Brief Glimpse Back At Nico Through Pictures And Videos

He plays Wimbledon because he likes London.

And yeah, he never should have left Gaby.

Probably was BA - can't remember for sure though.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 03:46 AM   #302
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retro Review: A Brief Glimpse Back At Nico Through Pictures And Videos

He could travel to London without playing Wimbledon

I'll cry forever for Gaby

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:12 AM   #303
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

We will all cry forever about Gaby

Thanks for all the pics though Nicofan I suppose he could go to London just to enjoy London but they don't pay a person just to visit London When Nico retires (years from now ) he can go to there just as a tourist

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #304
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Hands down my favorite screen shot from the Tennis Pro show from Argentina.

The picture says it all.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 AM   #305
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

and it's also one of my favorites because guess what? it was taken down in my favorite tournament ... Acapulco ... Nico and I will miss Acapulco a lot this year

Thanks as usual NicoFan

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 01-07-2009, 04:12 AM   #306
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Nico isn't skipping Acapulco because stupid Gildmeister wanted him to, he's skipping it becuase he knew Kid wasn't going to be there

Thanks for the pic Nicofan I feel a January thaw coming on just looking at that one!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 01-07-2009, 04:14 AM   #307
country flag kidnicky

That's the real true Sparko but I didn't want to say it

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 01-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #308
country flag Sparko1030

Well, it is obvious but I understand you being modest about it

I am going to miss you and Nico being there though -love the reports and the pics

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 01-07-2009, 04:43 AM   #309
country flag kidnicky

yeah that's why I said that Nico and I will miss Acapulco anyway you'll have reports later on this year that's a promise

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 01-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #310
country flag NicoFan

Yes, hopefully we'll have lots of reports later in the year! And you are sooo modest Kid - of course Nico really isn't going to Acapulco because you can't make it there this year.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #311
country flag NicoFan

I believe that I have the right press conference picture for this story....if not, my apologies. And I think that I have all the facts right below. It was almost four years ago so hard to get all the timeline information straight.

In 2005, Nico started off the year injured. First, the hernia operation from the year before. Second, an foot injury Down Under. Then, he tried to come back for the Miami tournament, but when practicing in Miami, he had another injury. This time it was to his ankle.

Meanwhile also at the beginning of that year, there was La Familia de Tenis controversy between Horacio de la Pena and a number of Chilean ex-tennis players - Rios and Gildemeister included. The main character in the battle against Horacio was then Nico coach, Pato Rodriguez.

In early March, Nico had to bow out of the Davis Cup tie between Chile and Russia due to his injuries. But there were mumblings by fans and the press that Nico really wasn't injured. They claimed that Nico didn't play in Davis Cup because he didn't want to play with Horacio as captain. The entire controversy was odd because it was Nico's doctor that made the call on whether he could play in Russia or not. The main reason was that the doctor felt that the cold in Russia would aggravate the injury further.

Nico finally had enough and held this press conference, I believe when he returned home from Miami in March. He was really upset, but I think he did a good job trying to get his point across. He said that his problem with Horacio was only because he thought that having the coach of one of the players serving as the Davis Cup coach was unethnical (Horacio was Fernando's coach at the time). And he really was injured for Davis Cup.

I think that Nico was right about Horacio serving as the Davis Cup coach (although there wasn't many options for Chile at the time since no one else wanted the job including Gildemeister). At that time, Nico played Fernando a number of times in tournament play. With Horacio coaching Nico during Davis Cup, he was privy to information about Nico that would help Fernando in their matches. Rarely do you see a current coach serving as captains of Davis Cup teams.

Unfortunately, no one ever really listened to Nico's side. They thought he was causing problems for no reason. In my humble opinion, those people knew nothing about tennis.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:55 AM   #312
country flag kidnicky

People knew nothing about tennis and nothing about Nico ... I remember that time, it was pretty ugly for him but hey! unfortunatly that's been Nico's life since almost forever

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 01-08-2009, 05:54 AM   #313
country flag Sparko1030

I remember that time Nicofan. It seemed the press wanted someone to be a villian in the story when there was none. but of course that is typical......

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 01-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #314
country flag NicoFan

This is one of the funniest photo sequences of Nico and Fernando in their playing careers.

The year: 2003. The event: The ARAG Word Team Cup tournament in Dusseldorf, Germany.

Nico had a rough start to 2003 with injuries from 2002. Gaby Markus was his coachm and he was working his way back up the rankings ladder. But Dusseldorf was good to him, beating Thomas Enqvist in singles. When they won the event, Nico jumped on Fernando and the two of them fell to the ground with Fernando on top of Nico. Fernando said that when he saw the pictures afterwards that he just laughed and laughed.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #315
country flag Sparko1030

great pics Nicofan I wish I had been a fan then.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ