Madrid Final: Juan Carlos Ferrero def. Nicolas Massu 6-3 6-4 6-3! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-18-2003, 12:17 AM   #31
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juan Carlos in Madrid

Roger has struggled. This is a good time for Juanqui to face him. Vamos Juan Carlos! Take out Fed and win the title!

Juan Carlos

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2003, 02:35 AM   #32
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrero clings on as world leader

Richard Jago in Madrid
Saturday October 18, 2003
The Guardian

Juan Carlos Ferrero must be surprised he is still world No1. First of all it depended upon the double fault which Wayne Ferreira served against him on match point and then upon Andy Roddick's startling implosion against the little-known Chilean Nicolas Massu.

Then Ferrero was obliged to set aside the indignity triggered by the belated arrival of David Beckham and Roberto Carlos, which caused the centre court crowd to display an approval rating significantly higher than that which the Spaniard had himself been enjoying and interrupting his match for several minutes.

Ferrero has also had to cope with a painful foot, a tired body and moderate form, plus the knowledge that the home crowd can articulate a wide range of groans and grumbles whenever he makes a mistake.

Yet the 22-year-old nicknamed "little kid" showed himself a big boy in attitude as well as in status yesterday, a calm and measured performance carrying him to a 6-4, 6-2 win over Paradorn Scrichaphan and into the semi-finals of the Masters Series.

That meant Roddick will have to wait at least another week, and probably two, before getting another chance to reach the summit.

Ferrero was placidly athletic and showed that his weight on the first serve, his touch on the volley and willingness to come forward have all developed. He still tended to make too many unforced errors but Srichaphan was making even more.
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 02:37 AM   #33
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Not very often the British press has anything good to say about Ferrero. So I thought this one is worthy. The only thing is, they never get his age right.
Old 10-18-2003, 02:49 AM   #34
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this article was a bit demeaning, myself. But I am happy to hear that Juan Carlos is continuously improving up at net. I remember watching the last couple games of his match against Kucera in Montreal and he was missing some easy put-away volleys.

Damn Feliciano Lopez for not beating Federer for us today. He had a set lead and then a 0-40 chance in the 2nd but blew it! Roger pretty much creamed Juanqui the last two times that they played and I admit that I expect the same dismal result tomorrow. Federer may not be at his best, but neither is Ferrero, according to all these reports.

Too bad Sebby didn't win today. Would have made me really happy since I seriously want him to qualify for the Masters Cup (then I'll have 3 to cheer for! ).

Yeah, Vera, that would suck if Ferrero reached the final only to lose to the Vowel Man. But, remember, he did beat El Aynaoui relatively easily the last time they played in August. And it's nhot like Massu would be easy either. I've always thought that Nico was a dangerous player on all surfaces, ever since he pushed Andre to 4 sets at the Open a few years back. And he's still only 23! I actually thought Massu was around 26 by now.

Anyway, to wrap it up: Vamos Ferrero! Prove me wrong and take home Madrid!
Old 10-18-2003, 03:17 AM   #35
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

If Juanqui beats Rogi tomorrow, he HAS to win it all! No sense making the final only to lose! I hate that!

It's more important for Juanqui to win the whole thing and retain #1 than for Rogi to win it -- better for Rogi to save himself for BASEL next week -- that's his real goal -- to win at home in his own city. Even if he won Madrid, he w not make #1 anyway... I w not bother myself... TMC is more important I think, for Rogi AND Juanqui.

VAMOS both guys! I love them both!

Can't wait to see it tomorrow but will be more nervous than I was for Rogi today...
RogiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 03:38 AM   #36
Vera

Well, this is relatively positive in the Brit’s standard. Brits never really bothered to talk about Ferrero, if they have anything to say, usually not any good. Dunno why, maybe bcos they don’t like Spanish players in general for most of them skipping Wimby. Anywayz.

It seems Juanqui played a better match today, and played the net often than usual. But I also have to give the edge to Rogi. He didn’t look comfortable today at the beginning but certainly play himself into form, and he’s cool as a cucumber on those big points. I won’t take that loss in Rome too seriously though bcos JC was quite injured in that match. Though last year in Shanghai when he got clipped by Rogi was probably a better indicator.

I’m upset about Seb’s loss too. I really hope he gets to Houston. So hopefully, he will do his magic in Paris, like he did couple of years ago.

I’m sure Massu is tough too, he’s playing very well, no doubt. But he’s not a thread yet to Houston so if he beat Younes, he’s not going to take over Seb in the race, I think. We’ll see tomorrow. If Ferrero can get past Federer, I think he’ll be very inspired to get the title even if he has to face his nemesis.

If Juanqui wins Madrid, he will likely goes to Houston on even term with Pandy. Giving that Houston is now an OUTDOOR hardcourt event, all the advantage towards Pandy, Juanqui needs as much points as he can get before Houston. And since he’s not that good on carpet, this title is very important, I almost think this is a must-win, critical to his chance to get the yearend #1. Well, we’ll see tomorrow how he does against Rogi. To me, he’s the most determined of all 3 to get the number 1 title, so I really hope he’ll get it at the end (and of course also bcos he’s my fave ).

Having said all that, I guess I won't be too surprised if he got creamed by Rogi , nor would I be too upset about that. But I'll hope for the best.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:28 AM   #37
country flag trixy

trixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Juan Carlos in Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera
Ferrero clings on as world leader

Richard Jago in Madrid
Saturday October 18, 2003
The Guardian

Juan Carlos Ferrero must be surprised he is still world No1. First of all it depended upon the double fault which Wayne Ferreira served against him on match point and then upon Andy Roddick's startling implosion against the little-known Chilean Nicolas Massu.

Then Ferrero was obliged to set aside the indignity triggered by the belated arrival of David Beckham and Roberto Carlos, which caused the centre court crowd to display an approval rating significantly higher than that which the Spaniard had himself been enjoying and interrupting his match for several minutes.

Ferrero has also had to cope with a painful foot, a tired body and moderate form, plus the knowledge that the home crowd can articulate a wide range of groans and grumbles whenever he makes a mistake.

Yet the 22-year-old nicknamed "little kid" showed himself a big boy in attitude as well as in status yesterday, a calm and measured performance carrying him to a 6-4, 6-2 win over Paradorn Scrichaphan and into the semi-finals of the Masters Series.

That meant Roddick will have to wait at least another week, and probably two, before getting another chance to reach the summit.

Ferrero was placidly athletic and showed that his weight on the first serve, his touch on the volley and willingness to come forward have all developed. He still tended to make too many unforced errors but Srichaphan was making even more.
lol. i just love british journalists
when i grow up i wanna be a british tabloid journo
trixy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 12:25 PM   #38
country flag Shy

Shy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Juan Carlos in Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera

Having said all that, I guess I won't be too surprised if he got creamed by Rogi , nor would I be too upset about that. But I'll hope for the best.
I rather have both of them lose to each other than to others. Two of the nicest guys.
Shy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 01:05 PM   #39
country flag ~Anita~

~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute~Anita~ has a reputation beyond repute

hello people!

i'm new here and i just have to say that i am a huge fan of the spanish tennis players and my fav's are tommy and juan

i hope that juan pulls through today's match against roger - they will be on court in a few hours.
Goodluck juan

VAMOS TOMMY - YOU SEXY THING
~Anita~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 01:41 PM   #40
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Juan Carlos' match should be starting in about 30 minutes

Vamos Juan Carlos!

Old 10-18-2003, 04:01 PM   #41
country flag Scotso

I knew he could do it!

Old 10-18-2003, 04:01 PM   #42
country flag Scotso

Juan Carlos Ferrero def. Roger Federer 6-4 4-6 6-4

Juan Carlos

Now take the title! And indoor!

Old 10-18-2003, 04:28 PM   #43
Nacho

Nacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond repute

Things look much better now

Entry points:

#1 Juan Carlos Ferrero 4,420 (4570 if he gets the title)
#2 Andy Roddick 4,235
#3 Roger Federer 3,925

Now the real fight is between Andy and JuanCar... I'm afraid Roger would need a miracle to end the year as world No.1
Nacho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 06:31 PM   #44
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done JC for winning ur match today against Roger, I knew it would be a tough match but u pulled through! Its amazing that ne british newspaper has written nethin in bout Ferrero as no one really takes ne notice like some of you hav sed before. Good Luck in the final against Massu (who shares my b-day) and I hope u win!! Vamos!
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:50 PM   #45
country flag Scotso

If he wins the title he'll be #1 on the champions race and have the momentum going into the last events of the year. If he loses to Massu I'll be pretty disappointed... the event was really weak but he beat the other best player in the draw in Federer, and I think that by that he should get the title.

Vamos!