Madrid Final: Juan Carlos Ferrero def. Nicolas Massu 6-3 6-4 6-3! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-16-2003, 09:22 PM   #16
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juan Carlos in Madrid

Like me, I cant see any of his matches, but hey...wot can I do? Hopefully he will play better against Mantilla...JC has 7-0 lead in their head-to-head, but 6 out of 7 times the match has gone the full distance. Good luck JC!!
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2003, 11:57 PM   #17
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Juan Carlos in Madrid

I saw one match of his, yesterday against Ferreira. But I don't know if Patricia is there bcos the TV didn't show, they did keep showing the Real Madrid box. Patricia is there in Madrid.

Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 11:59 PM   #18
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

He beat Felix in 2 TB. Now again tough opponent, Srichaphan. Hope he can at least get to the SF so he can remain at #1 for another 2 weeks minimum.

VAMOS JUANQUI.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:37 AM   #19
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

If he reaches SF this week then he is guaranteed to be #1 for the next two weeks? That'd be great, especially since Roddick has QF points to defend in Basel and Paris, while Ferrero has less with a SF at Basel and a 2nd round at Paris. Then, of course, there's the Federer valuable and also all those points to defend at the TMC.

Vamos Juan Carlos! Just one month of tennis left, so go put your all into and finish at #1!
Old 10-17-2003, 01:40 AM   #20
Vera

Hi Leo

My avatar is him at DC, can't sure when but I think it's in the SF in sebtember.

Sorry, my bad. I think I got too carry away and forgot one thing. If he gets into the SF tomorrow, he will still be #1 next week. And even if he couldn't defend Basel, he has more safe points than Pandy.

But then, I forgot that Pandy also play Basel, and Pandy can gain point in Basel bcos his 5th optional is like 120pts. So Pandy can still take over in Basel. Emmmm, hope I didn't confused you. I guess the most important is to get thru tomorrow's match to stay for at least another week, and more importantly, to increase his chance for the yearending one.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:50 AM   #21
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

None of that matters, Ferrero won't lose again this year (I hope)

VAMOS!

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 04:36 AM   #22
Vera

I love your optimism, Scott.
*finger crossed* let's hope you're right.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:26 AM   #23
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

RODDICK LOST!!!!!
fantastic news for JC..and for my hapiness too
Old 10-17-2003, 08:06 AM   #24
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrero: "The match was complicated"

Q. You won in two sets.
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: The match was complicated, but then we were even. In the second set, I think I made a couple errors, two or three points in a row. Maybe it was too much.
But it was a good match, especially the tiebreaks.
Don't tell me that we played badly indoors, please (smiling).

Q. Now you're in the quarterfinals, playing without pressure because you've qualified for Houston. Is it a good thing for you to play under pressure? You have nothing to lose.
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: When one loses a match, he always loses something, of course. I'm motivated because I'm in Spain. You always learn from a match you win. Now I'm risking No. 1 against Federer, so that's important.

Q. According to the statistics, if you win the next match, you're No. 1.
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Yeah, tomorrow is a difficult match against Srichaphan. The last time we played, I won, in Sydney. Okay, it was outdoors, but it's going to be a difficult match, that's for sure.

Q. Now you have to go to Paris, Houston. Are you going to rest?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Well, I didn't go to Vienna because of my injury, my foot. I'm a little bit rested. So let's play this week and next week we'll see.

Q. What about your foot?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Today it was perfect. It didn't bother me. I'm happy. I played a hundred percent.

Q. What do you think about Moya's loss against Feliciano?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Feliciano was motivated because he was playing at home. It's clear that he's used to playing in this type of altitude. His serve is a great weapon. He volleys very well. He moves well. It was an even match. He won. But it's one match of many. You shouldn't give it more thought.

Q. Once more you have the support of Real Madrid players. If you won the Godo, would you be upset if the Barcelona players were there?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: I hope Valencia players play well in Valencia's tournament (laughter).

Q. Will you deny you belong to Real Madrid or what?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: No, I'm not. I don't belong to the Real Madrid.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:34 AM   #25
country flag trixy

trixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond repute

question: is juan guaranteed the number 1 spot 4 another week..even if he makes the semi's and loses to federer and then roger goes on to win the title

Im so happy andy lost..not that i dont like him..but im still bitter over the us open

todays match was so good.i didnt see the 1st set but apparently it wasnt very good but wow both players played really great tennis in the 2nd set.
trixy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:33 PM   #26
juancui

juancui is on a distinguished road

damn it! i love that game when juancui survived from ferreira.
and he beat mantilla!
i hope he'll bring the title in his homecountry.

CONGRATS JUANCUI AND TO NICO MASSU for kicking ANDY RODDICK's ASS!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
juancui is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:51 PM   #27
juancui

juancui is on a distinguished road

juancui played great beating ferrerira and mantilla!

i hope he'll bring home the title.

stay world no. 1 JUANCUI!!

cograts to NICO MASSU for whipping andy Roddick's butt!!!

not that i don't like andy, it was justthat i'm bitter at the US OPEN damn it!!!!
juancui is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 02:30 PM   #28
country flag esther

we all deserve to be bitter
Old 10-17-2003, 07:25 PM   #29
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha...JC deserves to get to the final coz he's doin so well here...David Beckham was watchin JC's match against Ferreira, I saw him in the newspaper! :P Neway good luck for ur next match!!
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:43 PM   #30
Vera

Still #1 after all, despite common belief that he'll hand it to Pandy in Madrid. I think Juanqui is determined that he won't hand his #1 to anyone, if anyone wants it, they really have to take it away from him.

So Federer tomorrow, I'm excited about the matchup, but seriously worry at the same time. Of course, Rogi being one of, if not the, best indoor player among the top guys. I really hate this part of the draw, when the best 2 players have to meet before the final. Oh well, could have been worse, could have been Juanqui's nemesis Vowelman facing him tomorrow if he was on the other side of the draw. Come to think of it, it would be truly depressing if JC gets to the final only to see that he has to face Vowelman to get the win. So on that note, keep going, Massu.

VAMOS JUANQUI.