Vamos David!!!!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2003, 04:02 AM   #31
country flag Laury

Laury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond repute

David is the number 9 today!!!

Wowwwwwwwwwww he is a top teeeeeeeennn

DAVID NALBANDIAN

Vamos DAVID!!!!!

~*~*~ Talk Tennis Message Board ~*~*~
Laury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2003, 02:14 AM   #32
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a pic of him (midway down the page) at some sports awards show:

http://www.leonasweb.com/pages/fotos-olimpia01.asp

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 04:38 AM   #33
country flag Laury

Laury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Guillermo Cañas..... but DAVID is confirmed in Davis Cup singles with Gaston Gaudio

DAVID NALBANDIAN

Vamos DAVID!!!!!

~*~*~ Talk Tennis Message Board ~*~*~
Laury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 01:59 AM   #34
saff76ar

saff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a few more pics of David and Gaston training at the new stadium.

http://www.carp.org.ar/html/davis.php3

Btw, that sports awards ceremony is called Olimpia de Plata (silver olimpia), David won the tennis player of the year award, he was also nominated for sports person of the year but lost to Cecilia Rognoni , member of the national field hockey team that won the world championships at Perth 2002.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:28 PM   #35
country flag vaiva

vaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond repute

Link

Nalbandian - in confident mood (Getty Images)

NALBANDIAN SEEKS SWEET REVENGE
By From Sergio Ferraro, PA International, Buenos Aires

David Nalbandian leading an Argentinian Davis Cup team was something impossible to imagine less than a year ago.

But one Wimbledon final and a string of victories later, it's an unquestionable reality.

The 21-year-old will be the key player in this week's tie against Germany, playing the number one singles slot and the doubles.

"This is the first time I will play a Davis Cup in my country, and the feeling is unmatchable. I'm really happy and waiting for the victory," he told PA International.

Nalbandian only made his Davis Cup debut in Argentina's last fixture - the 2002 semi-finals against Russia in Moscow.

Partnering Lucas Arnold - as he is expected to do against the Germans - he won an epic doubles match against Marat Safin and Yevgeny Kafelnikov, taking the fifth set 19-17.

On the Sunday, however, he lost in the singles against Safin and Russia qualified for the finals where they beat France.

"If we defeat Germany, we may face the Russians in the second round.

"This time it would be in Buenos Aires, and we can't wait for that re-match," he said.

But Nalbandian shouldn't have to wait that long for another re-match: this weekend he is set to face Rainer Schuettler, who beat him in the quarter-finals of last month's Australian Open.

"I was having a great tournament, but I left with the bitter taste of defeat," the Argentine remembers now.

"When I played Schuettler I had muscular pains from my previous match, and I also had bad day."

"That's why, as soon as I lost, I said I would have my revenge in the Davis Cup.

"This time we will play in my home, and on a clay court, where his level goes down. I think I can defeat him this time."

Nalbandian's lone triumph in four clashes with Schuettler came on clay in last year's Tennis Masters Series event at Monte Carlo.

Reaching the quarter-finals in the Australian Open was enough for Nalbandian to claim ninth place in the ATP rankings, become the first Argentine in the top 10 for 13 years and to see him awarded the captaincy.

"Being ninth in the world fills me with pride," he said.

"I do have more responsibilities now, but that doesn't add any pressure for this tie. Here we're a team, and how I am ranked doesn't count.

"We have a great team. All the guys are in great form, and we feel great about playing in front of our people.

"The Davis Cup is something really special, and we don't want to disappoint the people."

As he talks his confidence rises.

"A result? Write there that we win. We win, 4-1."
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 02:02 AM   #36

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article vaiva, and thanks to Saff for the links

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:52 AM   #37
saff76ar

saff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond reputesaff76ar has a reputation beyond repute

Exclusive interview (it's in spanish though but it's got new pics included) with David from the River Plate official site.

http://www.carp.org.ar/html/reportaje_nalbandian.php3

In short he talks a little about his gf, his hobbies and how passionate he is about River Plate (best argentinian soccer team).
Old 02-07-2003, 11:20 AM   #38
Jessy_ar

Jessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond repute

Good interview
Old 02-11-2003, 01:58 PM   #39
Jessy_ar

Jessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond repute

David good luck always
Old 02-12-2003, 09:09 AM   #40
Jessy_ar

Last edited by Jessy_ar : 02-13-2003 at 01:16 AM.
Jessy_ar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 05:45 PM   #41

Does anybody know where his next tournament is? Or where I can find his schedule for the whole year?

My Spanish is poor, but it's well enough that I can navigate a Spanish site is need be.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:17 AM   #42
saff76ar

I only know where he's playing next week so far, that is the AT & T Cup in Buenos Aires.

Btw, David has parted ways with his coach Gabriel Markus, it is said it was good terms (dunno why he decided to do this now that he's doing so well), he'll be trained by his brother Javier for now.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:13 PM   #43
lokon

lokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to David tonight!
lokon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 03:33 AM   #44
lokon

lokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to David for his win over Fernando (6-3 7-5)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mdf211471.jpg (15.2 KB, 75 views)
Old 02-18-2003, 03:34 AM   #45
lokon

Heres another image from the Buenos Aires site
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foto_galeria_1_2.jpg (14.0 KB, 85 views)