Mariano news and articles - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2006, 02:25 AM   #16
country flag washingmir

washingmir has a reputation beyond reputewashingmir has a reputation beyond reputewashingmir has a reputation beyond reputewashingmir has a reputation beyond reputewashingmir has a reputation beyond reputewashingmir has a reputation beyond reputewashingmir has a reputation beyond reputewashingmir has a reputation beyond reputewashingmir has a reputation beyond reputewashingmir has a reputation beyond reputewashingmir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mariano news and articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marti_228
On Friday I watched tennis pro, his tv programme, and he said he is going to be back on tour when he is totally recovered from the knee surgery and he said also that's going to be on mid april or may.

This has nothing to do with what washingmir asked but mariano has a cute brown labrador called Felipe, he is less than a year old
Muchos Gracias,marti_228~
I was thinking Mariano maybe going to retire since he withdrawed from one tournament after another. So happy that he's going to be back on tour.
washingmir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #17
country flag Aguante_el_Gato

Aguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond repute

Ayer vi a Mariano en una entrevista para Tennis 2006 (ESPN), donde decía que ha cambiado un poco su relación con el tenis: está un poco cansado de las lesiones-rehabilitaciones-lesiones , y que todo esto sumado a los viajes le cuesta cada vez más.
Decía que ya no tiene 19/20 años y que todas estas situaciones se le hacen más pesadas, y que está aprendiendo a volver a disfrutar del mundo fuera del tenis (por ejemplo: ir con sus amigos a ver a U2 al campo, y volver en colectivo).
No implica que no disfrute más del tenis, sino que ahora disfruta de otras cosas a la par.

Sorry, but I have no time (and skills) to translate it now
TENNIS TIPPING:
Singles Ranking: 89 (Jul, 14th) - W: 2007: Acapulco
SUICIDE:
Ranking: 45 (Jul, 14th) - W: Montreal 2007

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO IS HERE
AND WILLY 'BIG HEART' CAÑAS IS BACK
Aguante_el_Gato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #18
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Zabaleta is finally coming back to the tour at the Zagreb challenger, next week! There's an article about him on today's edition of Diario Olé (http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...?pagId=1194174).

Last edited by shotgun : 05-12-2006 at 02:19 PM.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #19
country flag Denisse

Denisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that info!
Denisse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #20
country flag marti_228

marti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond repute

That's great! Thanks
marti_228 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:27 PM   #21
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that great news. I can't wait to see the fighter back into action. Hope to see him again, in Stuttgart. Vamos Mariano!!
Old 05-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #22
country flag Corina2605

Corina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond repute

For those who don't understand Spanish, here is a summary of that Olé article.

- Mariano will put an end to an inactivity of almost seven months by playing the Challenger in Zagreb next week.

- Asked about his expectations, he says that he wants to play as well as possible. He thinks he is physically and tennis-wise good enough to play two more years on a high level. That's what motivates him to keep on going and practicing.

- The things he didn't miss while being out of the circuit were the travels. He enjoyed spending time in Tandil with family, novia, nieces, nephews and friends.

- Then he tells about the injury in Monte Carlo, his comeback and good results on the clay in summer, his knee surgery and comeback in Australia. His knee kept hurting and he was frustrated and sick of going to the kinesiologist. He forgot about everything, ranking, etc.

- Now he wants to try to play competition again. He does it happily, content. If it works out, then good, if not, bad luck.

- Mariano travels with his friend Ramiro Sixto as coach (for those who don't know him, he is the funny guy who travelled with Mariano and Juan Monaco last year to Bastad, Stuttgart, Kitz, etc)

- Mariano hopes for an exception in the protected ranking rule, since he had to retire in Australia (he hopes this match doesn't count), but he isn't too hopeful.

- His goal is to end the year on the best ranking position as possible in order to be able to start the year 2007 "a full"

- He mentions that he hasn't played so many challengers for 10 years, but that he is motivated to play them. It won't be easy, because these guys play on a very high level and give their lives on the court.

- Mariano's right ellbow still hurts a little bit, but it doesn't worry him too much, he has been through worse.

- Mariano's new coach is Mariano Hood. They worked together the last 5 weeks, twice a day. The most important goal was to motivate Mariano to play tennis again. The target for the next few weeks is to get match practice and to get used to the tournament rhythm. Mariano Hood can't travel with his pupil until October because of his doping ban.

- Mariano's planned tournament schedule for the next weeks is: Zagreb Challenger, Roland Garros qualys, Lugano Challenger, Braunschweig Challenger, Reggio Emilia Challenger, Biella Challenger, Bastad, Stuttgart, Kitzbühel and Sopot.

Good luck to Mariano in Zagreb and hopefully his health will let him play all those planned tournaments this summer

Good luck to Pico Monaco, Juan Chela, Gaston Gaudio, Machi Gonzalez, Edu Schwank, Fabio Fognini, Roger Federer, Marco Chiudinelli, Rafa Nadal, Juan-Carlos Ferrero, Fernando Verdasco, Tommy Robredo, David Ferrer and Marc Lopez

Vamos ARG DC team!!! 2011 is the year to win the title!!!! Vamos!!!
Corina2605 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #23
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Corina.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #24
country flag maty

maty has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond repute

tommorow at 12.30 Mariano Zabaleta(ARG) vs. Thiago Alves(BRA)

VAMOS MARIANO
maty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #25
country flag maty

maty has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond reputematy has a reputation beyond repute

Mariano lost 6-2,6-4
maty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #26
country flag basil333

basil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond repute

MARIANO NEWS EXTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some really good news for all Mariano fans around the world. - the first post on that link contains a message from him...

Mariano was seen back on a Tennis Court.... he is looking GREAT!

http://marianosboard.proboards29.com...7962671&page=1

Please do not post the photographs seen on this link anywhere else on the internet - I am sure when you see the photographs you will understand why..... thank you for the 3 special MTF photographers!!!!

Optimism is a wonderful thing - 1 part Optimism is worth 100 parts Pessimism

A parachute is like the mind - it only works when OPEN
basil333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:11 PM   #27
country flag Denisse

Denisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond repute

ooohh! those pictures are just adorable!! thanx so much!!!
Denisse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:53 AM   #28
country flag basil333

basil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

Old 08-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #29
country flag kataanna

kataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond reputekataanna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
Does anybody know anything about Mariano? He's not signed to any tournament until the end of August... is it another injury ??
kataanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #30
country flag basil333

dont think so... I think he's back home preparing for US Open - this is what he did last year - he skipped Cincy Qualies and Toronto Qualies favouring home preparation.... so... I am guessing this is what he's doing this time too.