Official Alex Bogomolov Cheering Thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #91
country flag Francillon

Francillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Official Alex Bogomolov Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
He played qualies. He plays his own schedule, he doesn't just travel with his wife and do nothing. Slams are one of the few times during the year they get to be together.
Don't be silly, just pointing out there're always together, check their schedule.
Francillon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #92
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

You know, if I had time to actually go back and check both of their schedules for this year, I am sure that I would find that they are not ALWAYS together. They may be together 'frequently' or 'as much as humanly possible', but not 'ALWAYS.' I made a vague, general statement to another poster, and you took it as gospel. Your choice.

{and still kind of scary}

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #93
country flag Francillon

Francillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond reputeFrancillon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
You know, if I had time to actually go back and check both of their schedules for this year, I am sure that I would find that they are not ALWAYS together. They may be together 'frequently' or 'as much as humanly possible', but not 'ALWAYS.' I made a vague, general statement to another poster, and you took it as gospel. Your choice.

{and still kind of scary}
Okay!, whatever, there're inseparable,what is important is the true, to be arguing over tennis players not my thing, sorry to tell you but they're not that important, there're very average players. the truth is thruth.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #94
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

there're is not a word.
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:56 AM   #95
country flag hamilton877

hamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond repute

Mr & Mrs Harkleroad flexing .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B & H.jpg (35.8 KB, 17 views)
hamilton877 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:22 AM   #96
country flag hamilton877

hamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond repute

the two lovebirds not playing mixed doubles wtt tournament?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtt.jpg (21.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-11-2006, 01:34 AM   #97
country flag hamilton877

WTT New York Sportimes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtt team.jpg (36.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-11-2006, 02:02 AM   #98
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francillon
Okay!, whatever, there're inseparable,what is important is the true, to be arguing over tennis players not my thing, sorry to tell you but they're not that important, there're very average players. the truth is thruth.
Okay, that's just comical. If they are 'not important players who are just average', how is it that you know how often they are together? And the majority of your posts at this forum are in this thread?

I like Alex. I think he's funny and interesting. I've never met Ashley, but I would probably like her too. They are important to each other and they are both decent players who have earned the support their fans give them. Personally, I'm glad to see them playing team tennis together because I know it pays well, and hopefully it will help Alex have a good summer here in the US (and Ashley too).

Hamilton, thanks for the pictures.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #99
country flag Francillon

Life for the Average Tennis Player
From the Sun-Sentinel: For players struggling to join tennis' elite, life on tour is more grit than glamour

Even the closest acquaintances can be clueless.

"People think it's super-glamorous," Jamea Jackson said.

Her life has to be, right? She is the 90th-ranked women's tennis player in the world. And it is, as are the lives of most other participants in the Nasdaq-100 Open, if that's how you characterize jet lag, late arrivals, long absences from family, language barriers, laying out thousands weekly for coaching, and losing.

Lots of losing.

With less reward than you'd guess.

Justin Gimelstob, who is entered in Nasdaq qualifying, has earned more than $2.2 million while popping in and out of the ATP Tour's top 100 for nine years. But that's before taxes and expenses. No wonder he's already working on a second career as a broadcaster and writer.

"You make enough to sustain yourself and a coach, but not enough to be frivolous," Jackson said. "Your friends don't really understand that."

"My friends all say, `You've got it made, I'm coming to live with you in a couple of years,'" said Bobby Reynolds, 23 and ranked No. 114 in ATP. "Yeah, right."...

What about the great majority of players, however, those who find themselves represented as agate type on the right, rather than left, side of "def." notations early in tournaments?

They find themselves hoping for the sort of wild-card entry Jackson received to Nasdaq, toiling through qualifiers or dropping to less lucrative satellite events.

They often find themselves skimping on coaching, even at the risk of continuing the losing cycle.

They invariably find themselves fighting to maintain confidence.

Raymond, 32, recalled "a rude awakening" after turning pro, having been No. 1 in juniors and college.

Paul Goldstein has reached his career-high ranking of No. 63 at age 29. He has a career record of 66-86.

"In college, my worst year, I was 26-4," Goldstein said. "Handling the losses on tour is a major transition."

He has seen it "chew up and spit out" many talented newcomers, who must come to grips with more than rackets. Young players such as Jackson and Amer Delic, who is 5-13 after winning an NCAA singles crown for undefeated Illinois, are still learning how to cope.

Veterans learn to take a rational approach...

Goldstein and Gimelstob pack bags and book flights based on losing relatively early.

"If you have to push [flights] back, that's a good thing," Goldstein said. "It might cost you a little in a change fee, but you're only doing it because you're winning prize money."

Yes, players pay for flights. Goldstein is a bargain-seeking Orbitz regular, even after earning more than $1.3 million on tour. Goldstein, whose wife accompanies him only a couple of times per year, was outearning his Stanford peers shortly after graduation. Not anymore.

"If you compare how I'm doing to the 63rd golfer or the 63rd-best baseball player, it's far behind," Goldstein said.

Even so, Gimelstob will remember his tour time fondly: "We get to work out for a living, and travel, and compete."

The traveling can be exhausting, however, the sightseeing time scarce.

Between Dec. 27 and Feb. 25, Delic spent two days home in Jacksonville, for his mother's birthday.

"People say, `You were in France, how was that?'" said Jackson, 20. "You see the hotel, you see the courts. You don't have much time to do anything else. I try to see one play in New York every year, around my birthday."

Furthermore, financial realities force decisions detrimental to competing at the highest level. Coaches are expensive, when including fees, travel and food. Delic, 23, and Reynolds have been part of the USTA's High Performance program, which provides a shared coach for selected players for a couple of years. Delic recently got his own, at a cost he estimates at $100,000 this year. Players put the total weekly cost at $500 to $5,000, with some coaches getting extra for good results.

"There's a different pressure when you're paying for a coach," Delic said.

A first-round loss could lead to losing money for the week. Thus, Jackson went without one for a while, even while supplementing income with sponsorships.

After losing his High Performance spot, Alex Bogomolov used a coach in 2005 only for the U.S. Open. The Miami native, 22, was still waiting Sunday to find out whether he qualified for qualifying at Nasdaq, where wife Ashley Harkleroad, 20, has a wild card. The couple lives in a three-bedroom house in Chattanooga, Tenn., but not on easy street. Not with No. 168 and No. 78 rankings, respectively.

Asked for his net earnings, Bogomolov said: "Tax season is around the corner, so I know that for the past three years, basically zero."

Harkleroad was injured for nine months, while Bogomolov was losing Challenger tournaments, so he sold his Toyota Celica GT for $10,000. Things are looking up. His wife is playing again; in dual tournaments, they can share a room. She got an adidas contract, and they may play World Team Tennis.

Already a five-year veteran, Harkleroad makes no secret of frustrations with her tour, in part "because girls with girls can be bratty with each other." Why did she return, after considering retirement?

"Had to pay some bills," she said. "No, just kidding. I kind of missed the competition."

Plus, she said, there's always hope "you might have one or two good weeks, and that gets you out of qualies for a year."...

"If I were in the top 50, I could book flights for the rest of the year," said Delic, who won two qualifiers at Indian Wells, lost to a fresh Marat Safin in the first round, then paid an $800 change fee, and drove from Palm Springs to Los Angeles to take a red eye to start over again in South Florida's BMW Championship.
how come i don't get any thanks for the phots?

Last edited by Francillon : 07-11-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:48 AM   #100
country flag Francillon

Ashley Harkleroad talks about growing up, her husband, parents, tennis, movies and her future goals in this short 60 second video.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=246807
Old 07-12-2006, 03:06 AM   #101
country flag Fee

Please include links and dates when you post articles (and that particular article about life on the tour is kind of old, I posted it in Justin's forum a while back). Thanks.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #102
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Go Alex! (Attempt to get this thread back on track after I destroyed it )
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #103
country flag Francillon

'Love' means more to Sportimes' couple
By JANE MCMANUS
jmcmanus@lohud.com
THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: July 12, 2006)

MAMARONECK — The day-to-day marriage between Ashley Harkleroad and Alex Bogomolov Jr. has a familiar rhythm. They like to stay in together, hate when distances keep them apart and someday, when their careers reach the end of their arc, they hope to have children.

Yet in professional tennis, where both Harkleroad and Bogomolov make a living, marriage seems the kind of move the professionals save until just before they retire — not when they are starting out.

"It's not so abnormal (in Georgia)," Harkleroad said, "but in the tennis world, it's a little bit crazy. But we knew what we wanted to do and so nobody was going to stop us."

The two married a year and a half ago, and since then they have worked to balance nascent professional careers and a life together. They try not to go more than three weeks apart, and this July they will spend three weeks together as the two main players for the New York Sportimes.

"Me and Ashley both missed out on college life and that atmosphere," Bogomolov said. "So we thought it would be fun, give us three weeks together in a different kind of way."

Last night, Harkleroad played women's singles for the Sportimes and Bogomolov played doubles in a 20-19 win over the visiting New York Buzz before roughly 400 fans at Harbor Island Stadium. The home team is 3-2, and hosts the Boston Lobsters in its next match tomorrow.

Before the match began, the in-house announcer made this introduction of Bogomolov: "This lucky guy also happens to be married to his teammate Ashley Harkleroad!" The comment caused Harkleroad to laugh and say, "Why does he say that?" to a teammate.

They are stunningly young. At 23 (him) and 21 (her), they aren't even newlyweds. But during a brief conversation with them before the World TeamTennis match last night, it was clear that they had a deep commitment to each other.

Bogomolov, with fair, curly hair, is from Moscow and Harkleroad from Rossville, Ga., but their childhoods followed a similar pattern of travel and competitive tennis. Harkleroad remembers meeting Bogomolov at a juniors tournament for the first time when she was 12.

Both are well known to hard-core tennis fans. After moving to the United States, he won the USTA Boys Championship in 2001. Around the same time, she was the it girl at the U.S. Open, wearing a Nike outfit that brought tabloid notice.

Professionally, Harkleroad reached a high point getting to the third round of the French Open in 2003, which is the same year Bogomolov reached a career-high 97 in the rankings. Harkleroad is currently ranked No. 76 in singles.

They don't play doubles for the Sportimes, although Harkleroad said they may try for a mixed doubles wild card into the U.S. Open. And tennis itself can be a touchy subject for the two, particularly since they are players trying to crack the top ranks.

"If he loses to a guy, I'm mad at that guy for the rest of the tournament," Harkleroad said.

But she admitted that she didn't always take constructive criticism so well herself, particularly after a loss. And Bogomolov — who won each of his five singles games last night — has learned to be careful with his advice, although he had no problem standing and cheering his wife on at several points last night.

"We had to learn a lot faster than the average couple, because we're going to have losses times two every week," he said.

Last night after she lost the last game in her women's singles event to Julie Ditty, Harkleroad wore her disappointment on the way back to the Sportimes bench. Bogomolov gently massaged her legs, poured cool water on a towel for her head and tried to brighten her mood.

In a lot of ways, they resemble a couple that has been married for many more years. They bought a house in Georgia and split Christmas between his parents in Florida and hers nearby. They have some notoriety, but feel very few have a window into who they are as a couple.

"They only see us when we're on the tennis tour, at tournaments together," Harkleroad said. "They don't really know who we are."
Old 07-15-2006, 01:55 PM   #104
country flag Sonja1021

Sonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond repute

Also is so sweet to see her husband pro tennis player Alex Bogomolov cheer for her on the stand, very nice story for the newlyweds

Good luck to : Mathieu - Baghdatis - Grosjean - Gasquet - Monfils - Roddick - Ancic - Murray - Sidorenko - Dolgopolov Jr. , Gonzalez...... And Egyptian Players Karim Maamoun - Mohamed Maamoun - Sherif Sabry
Sonja1021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #105
country flag Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francillon
Last night after she lost the last game in her women's singles event to Julie Ditty, Harkleroad wore her disappointment on the way back to the Sportimes bench. Bogomolov gently massaged her legs, poured cool water on a towel for her head and tried to brighten her mood.

In a lot of ways, they resemble a couple that has been married for many more years. They bought a house in Georgia and split Christmas between his parents in Florida and hers nearby. They have some notoriety, but feel very few have a window into who they are as a couple.

"They only see us when we're on the tennis tour, at tournaments together," Harkleroad said. "They don't really know who we are."
So, why did you choose to highlight that particular sentence with blue? Seems a bit voyeuristic of you.