Official Alex Bogomolov Cheering Thread - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2006, 02:50 PM   #151
country flag hamilton877

hamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Official Alex Bogomolov Cheering Thread

Tempers rage in Capitals' loss
Sacramento falls to the New York Sportimes in a match of first-place teams.
The Capitals' Elena Likhovtseva returns the ball to New York's Ashley Harkleroad on Monday night. Likhovtseva won the set 5-4. Sacramento Bee/Florence Low

Who said World TeamTennis was all fun and games? The way Monday's match at Allstate Stadium at Sunrise Mall unfolded, it resembled a serious professional event, not a laid-back exhibition.
After nearly three and a half hours of yelling, bickering and emotion rarely seen in WTT, the New York Sportimes defeated the Capitals 23-19.

When the Capitals won 5-4 (5-0) in men's doubles to cut their deficit to 22-19, the match went into overtime.

New York's David Martin then held serve for the final game.

With the victory, the Sportimes (10-3) clinched the Eastern Conference championship. Meanwhile, the Capitals (9-4) remained a half-game ahead of Springfield (8-4) for first place in the West.
Both teams have secured a berth in this week's playoffs at the Palisades Tennis Club in Newport Beach.

The fourth seed plays Newport Beach at 7 p.m. Thursday, with the winner facing the top seed Saturday. The second and third seeds meet Saturday, and the semifinals are at 3 and 7 p.m. that day. The finals are at 1 p.m. Sunday.

The top seed gets to serve first in three of the five sets, and it chooses the set order. Possibly because of those advantages, Monday's match had heightened tension.

On numerous occasions, New York coach Chuck Adams exhibited stalling tactics, presumably to annoy the Capitals. Between points, he advised his players and handed out towels and water, leading to a hostile reception from the announced crowd of 3,198.

The fans also were upset at Sportimes player Alex Bogomolov Jr., who yelled after winning points and stood up from his chair on nice shots.

"Sit down," the fans screamed.

Finally, during men's doubles, the chair umpire had enough of Adams' behavior.

"Time violation, warning, New York," she said.

The match featured several close line calls, and both sides questioned the chair umpire's competence. At approximately one-third of WTT matches, there is instant replay, and coaches can challenge calls. But because of the high cost of the Hawk-Eye technology and cameras, there was no instant replay Monday.

Although the playoff matches will have instant replay, that fact didn't offer much solace for the Capitals.

On the first serve of the men's singles tiebreaker, Sam Warburg hit an apparent ace, but the chair umpire ruled it out.

"Are you kidding?" teammate Mark Knowles asked, getting out of his chair and staring at the chair umpire.

Said Warburg: "I couldn't have hit it better than that."

Warburg won the point and went ahead 3-0 before Bogomolov Jr. reeled off the next four points. But Warburg won the final two, cutting the Capitals' deficit to 13-10 and avenging his 5-0 loss to Bogomolov Jr. on July 8 in New York. The Capitals won that match 19-18, during which Warburg was the lone Sacramento regular to play because the other three were at Wimbledon. The Sportimes had the same roster as they did Monday.

Like last time, the Sportimes went ahead 5-0 Monday after Ashley Harkleroad and David Martin's easy victory over Knowles and Elena Likhovtseva.
hamilton877 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2006, 05:57 AM   #152
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, if you are going ot the SFs tomorrow why don't you tell Alex to his face what you say about his wife in posts #149, #151, & #153 (it's very obvious that you are using three different usernames because you write with the same style in each). I'm sure that he would love to hear your opinions. So much so that he would beat the living shit out of you. He is very protective of his friends and family and I imagine that he's even more so of his wife.

BTW, *************. Makes me even happier to know that I can't get a ride out there because I would be worrying more about the antisocial psychopath in the crowd rather than cheering on the NYS. I'll do it here from home, thanks.

I know I shouldn't respond to such ignorance but it amazes me that now you are starting to dissrespect his wife. Go right ahead and say these things to Alex's face.
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER

Last edited by Tricky_Forehand : 07-31-2006 at 10:45 PM. Reason: As a favor to Fee :-)
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:58 PM   #153
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis724
Hey, if you are going ot the SFs tomorrow why don't you tell Alex to his face what you say about his wife in posts #149, #151, & #153 (it's very obvious that you are using three different usernames because you write with the same style in each). I'm sure that he would love to hear your opinions. So much so that he would beat the living shit out of you. He is very protective of his friends and family and I imagine that he's even more so of his wife.

BTW, Fee lives ... and I live ... Makes me even happier to know that I can't get a ride out there because I would be worrying more about the antisocial psychopath in the crowd rather than cheering on the NYS. I'll do it here from home, thanks.

I know I shouldn't respond to such ignorance but it amazes me that now you are starting to dissrespect his wife. Go right ahead and say these things to Alex's face.
Yeah, I would prefer that Francillon/DonPo/Sonja not be given that kind of info. To be honest, his comments and behavior do kind of scare me personally, but I agree with you, Alex is a strong, scrappy young man and he's afraid of no one. I'm kind of anxious for Team Tennis to be over, time for Alex to get back to tournaments and earning points.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:17 AM   #154
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Yeah, I would prefer that Francillon/DonPo/Sonja not be given that kind of info.
Sorry about that. I had just had it up to my eyeballs with this bullshit and said our difference in locations. Forgive me?

Alex is in the draw for Vancouver and is set to go against one of his pigeons
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:19 AM   #155
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Forgiven. Be a cupcake and edit your post (yeah I know its well after the fact...). He's playing Vancouver? I thought he had withdrawn from that one. I must have confused it with some other week on the calendar. It's been a long few weeks it seems...

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:51 AM   #156
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

If you guys think that they're the same person, report the posts as that is against the TOS and people are banned from MTF for using more than one username.

Anyway good luck to him back in the main tour

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:27 AM   #157
bad gambler

FYI - DonPo has taken a permanent holiday

Carry on
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #158
country flag hamilton877

hamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond reputehamilton877 has a reputation beyond repute

Newport Beach advances to WTT tennis finals with win over Sacramento
Despite getting blown out in the first set, 5-0, the Newport Beach Breakers continued their surprising run in the WTT Playoffs, coming from behind to oust the top-seeded Sacramento Capitals 19-18 in World TeamTennis action Saturday in Newport Beach.

The Breakers advanced to Sunday’s 1 p.m. WTT Championship Final where they will face the Philadelphia Freedoms.

Doubles standouts Mark Knowles and Elena Likhovtseva got the Caps off to a quick start with a 5-0 drubbing of Tina Krizan and Rick Leach. Newport Beach rallied in women’s singles when Anastassia Rodionova posted a 5-2 win over Likhovtseva.

Sacramento bounced back in men’s singles when Sam Warburg held off the Breakers’ Ramon Delgado in a tiebreaker, 5-4 (3). Not willing to go away quietly, the Breakers rallied in women’s doubles with Rodionova and Krizan going to another tiebreaker to oust Likhovtseva and Anastassia Pavlyuchenkova 5-4 (1).

The Breakers completed the comeback when Delgado and Leach surprised Knowles and Warburg in men’s doubles, 5-2. “We all played really well today,” Delgado said following the match. “I am so happy we played so well in doubles to close out the match. It was really unbelievable that we came back to win the match without having to go to overtime. All day long the whole team stayed together on every point in every game.”

Newport Beach went 6-8 in the regular season and advanced to Saturday’s semifinal round with a 23-18 win over the Springfield Lasers Thursday in the WTT wild card quarterfinal.

#4 Newport Beach Breakers def. #1 Sacramento Capitals 19-18

Mixed Doubles:
Mark Knowles / Elena Likhovtseva (Sacramento Capitals) def. Rick Leach/Tina Krizan (Newport Beach Breakers) 5-0

Women’s Singles: Anastassia Rodionova (Newport Beach Breakers) def. Elena Likhovtseva (Sacramento Capitals) 5-2 (Likhovtseva substituted for Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova at 0-2)

Men’s Singles: Sam Warburg (Sacramento Capitals) def. Ramon Delgado (Newport Beach Breakers) 5-4 (3)

Women’s Doubles: Tina Krizan/Anastassia Rodionova (Newport Beach Breakers) def. Elena Likhovtseva/Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (Sacramento Capitals) 5-4 (1)

Men’s Doubles: Ramon Delgado/Rick Leach (Newport Beach Breakers) def. Mark Knowles/Sam Warburg (Sacramento Capitals) 5-2
Old 07-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #159
country flag Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler

Carry on

Thanks BG, you're a luv.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #160
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler

Carry on
Prabu for President of MTF

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #161
country flag hamilton877

constant companion, day and night .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtt3.jpg (12.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 08-10-2006, 12:44 AM   #162
country flag Sonja1021

Sonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond repute

alfonsojose
Senior Member, wrote on the wta forum: Her husband is going to play in drag replacing her. Wait, he sucks too . For sure her husband will win over Serena
Sonja1021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:00 PM   #163
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

People should think hard about whether they are ready to post on a forum such as MTF. Quite often I think they should stay in WTAworld, but then again there are no prerequisites for joining or posting here. If there were, common sense would not necessarily be one of them. Thankyou for the insightful post (almost as good as the pupil dilation!) My time here is done. I am still a supporter of Alex as I believe he has potential and a great game (not often enough)...however I will no longer be dropping by this thread

(Yeah...I'll probably be back when the next idiot drops by, but will try to restrict myself to reading. This thread has become like a bad (Z grade?) version of Passions.) Kom igen Alex!

Last edited by Kristen : 08-10-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #164
country flag hamilton877

Ashley always nervous when watching her husband
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ah.jpg (26.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 09-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #165
country flag Sonja1021

Sonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1021 has a reputation beyond repute

us open pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B1.jpg (37.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg B2.jpg (31.0 KB, 10 views)
Sonja1021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote