Australian tour - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2006, 07:10 AM   #61
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian tour

I really hope that his injury isn´t serious. He was in great form and could have made it into the 4th round at the Australian Open.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #62
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,latest news,he is supposed to play on monday or tuesday if the ankle doesn't get hurt.the thing is he wasn't even serving,he was waiting for Andy's serve,which went into the net and Nicolas hurt himself.

On another note,he was wearing a new outfit with a new brand diadora .his shirt was way tighter..i am still drooling.lol.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #63
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he will become a clay courter with Diadora. But at least a good choice. Maybe they saw it when he was wearing the Hannover 96 Diadora jersey.

Last edited by JMG : 01-13-2006 at 04:50 PM.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #64
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

SYes very good choice.like i said he look hotter than ever,i didn't think that it was possible..but i was wrong.lol.the tighter the shirt,the better.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #65
country flag zethand

zethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond repute

I like Diadora too... the design is very nice
Old 01-14-2006, 09:24 PM   #66
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

Kiefer rolled but not out of Open

ESPITE becoming the latest Australian Open injury scare, Germany's Nicolas Kiefer is confident the ankle he hurt yesterday at the Kooyong Classic will not keep him out of next week's grand slam.

Kiefer, who has been seeded No.21 at the Open, injured his left ankle in the second game of yesterday's semi-final against American Andy Roddick.

The German had held the opening service game of the match and, in the second point of the second game, he failed to cover enough ground to return Roddick's serve. As Kiefer pulled up he rolled his left ankle. He was attended to for almost 30 minutes on the court, having the ankle iced and strapped, but once the bandages were removed the 28-year-old forfeited the match.

Kiefer joined the tournament line-up late after agreeing to replace four-time Australian Open champion Andre Agassi, who also pulled out with ankle problems.

Kiefer is confident he'll be fit for the Open, where he will play Paradorn Srichaphan in the first round. The Thai has his own injury concerns, having pulled out of the Sydney International during the week because of a thigh injury.

"You have to be positive and, hopefully, I have two more days, and I hope my physio can help me out, everything can work out," Kiefer said.

Once ranked No.4 in the world, the German has been plagued by ankle injuries since 2000, however, it has always been his right ankle. Despite yesterday's setback, Kiefer said he was feeling well.

"My body feels good, I'm in good shape so far, and I think if everything goes the right way, I'm ready," he said.

For Roddick, yesterday's short match was not the ideal build-up to the first grand slam of the year, but the Open's No.2 seed made a quick dash to Melbourne Park for extra practice.

"Selfishly, you want to play that match just to get some form but the good news is I have another one tomorrow," Roddick said.

Roddick will now play another German, Tommy Haas, who had an upset victory over world No.1 Roger Federer on Wednesday, in today's final at Kooyong.

"You want to play against guys who are playing well going into the Open, and obviously Tommy has played great this week," Roddick said. "Win or lose is fine, I want to get out there and compete and hit some shots in a match-type atmosphere, which is good. I feel like I'm in pretty good shape and it would be nice to get out there and just play a couple of sets."

Federer - the hot favourite for next week's Open - finished his preparations at Kooyong yesterday with a three-set victory over Max Mirnyi, 6-7 (1-7), 6-4, 7-6 (7-1). Although he was upset early in the week, the Swiss was reasonably happy with his form.

"These results don't really matter to me," he said. "I'm concerned about how I'm hitting the ball and I think I could serve better. I've tried to serve a little better today and yesterday already, but I'm still not quite satisfied."

Federer put his tardy start down to his late arrival from Doha, where he won the 34th title of his career last week.

The top seed said that with a couple more days of practice he would be "just fine".

In yesterday's other match, Ivan Ljubicic, of Croatia, defeated Frenchman Gael Monfils 6-3, 6-1.
kiwifan80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:03 AM   #67
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #68
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Cool that he plays on Tuesday, that's even more time!
I hope that Eurosport has the match on TV and that he is playing on a show court!
(but normally he should because Kiefer vs Srichaphan are too good names to be put on a little outside court with now TV coverage)

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #69
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

Go Kiwi at the Australian Open
Old 01-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #70
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Australian tour

I hope that injury will be alright,AO has been already without Andre and Safin, it is absolutely boring if Kiwi withdraw as well. I want to see his match. Best of luck to him!

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:57 PM   #71
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Who does Kiwi have in the first round since Paradorn is out?
Old 01-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #72
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

First Lucky Losers would be Marc Gicquel and Melle van Gemerden I think.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:38 PM   #73
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Eurosport commentator said Kiwi is feeling "topfit". I hope he's right
I'm already looking forward to his first match tomorrow!!! bring it on!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:35 AM   #74
country flag JMG

Nice schedule, a match maybe at 6 am or 5 am, hopefully with "Klinky".
Old 01-16-2006, 10:29 AM   #75
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
Who does Kiwi have in the first round since Paradorn is out?
Has Paradorn withdrew?
Schedule still has it as Kiwi vs Paradorn

"K I W I"

K I E F E R

GOOD LUCK: Nicolas Kiefer- Tommy Robredo- Andy Roddick- Andre Agassi- Andrei Pavel- Juan Carlos Ferrero- Dominik Hrbaty- Mardy Fish
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote