Australian tour - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #31
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG
I think if both win 3-0, Argentina only has to lose one set more than our team. But of course, it will be difficult enough to win 3-0 with only one player in the team.
From realistic chance we have to see that the Cup is over for the German Team. A final is still possible, but only possible if Grönefeld can come out much much better against the Netherlands. Kiefer should beat Wessels, and then to take the mixed match also.

By the way, checking the stats of Kiwi's match against Gaudio, I see that he again didn't allow a break point and his serve was really very well

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #32
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Please someone tell me that Kiwi has more likely withdrawn because they knew they would need to win 3-0 which was not possible anymore after Grönefeld lost; and not because his back injury was really that bad and forced him to forfeit!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 01-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #33
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Please someone tell me that Kiwi has more likely withdrawn because they knew they would need to win 3-0 which was not possible anymore after Grönefeld lost; and not because his back injury was really that bad and forced him to forfeit!
I am glad he didn't play after ALG lost her match. No point of risking another injury. He did have a bit problem with his back in his mixed double match yesterday, but it doesn't seem serious.

Not get rest Kiwi and be ready to shine in the AO.

I have a really good feeling Kiwi will do good in this year's AO

"K I W I"

K I E F E R

GOOD LUCK: Nicolas Kiefer- Tommy Robredo- Andy Roddick- Andre Agassi- Andrei Pavel- Juan Carlos Ferrero- Dominik Hrbaty- Mardy Fish
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #34
country flag Neely
-

Thanks for confirmation I hope you are right about the shining at the AO.

But for me it was a bit of a little blow in his preperations, because I had so much the hope that he will be able to play two relaxed tournaments prior tro the Australian Open and now he is in the same situation again like last year when he had to rest after Adelaide, couldn't go to Sydney and then caught a cold at Melbourne that forced him to stay in bed for a few days (if I remember correctly). It's not that good, but I think the back thing can be cured in this time and he should be able to practise and I think it's better than having a cold (or more severe injury, which goes without saying).

Old 01-05-2006, 04:51 PM   #35
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't it also last year that the madman with a gun ran loose in his hotel? That was a bit unnerving, I'm sure.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #36
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Wasn't it also last year that the madman with a gun ran loose in his hotel? That was a bit unnerving, I'm sure.
Yes, that happened last year also, I hope that at least that will be spared to him

Old 01-06-2006, 06:01 AM   #37
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for confirmation I hope you are right about the shining at the AO.

But for me it was a bit of a little blow in his preperations, because I had so much the hope that he will be able to play two relaxed tournaments prior tro the Australian Open and now he is in the same situation again like last year when he had to rest after Adelaide, couldn't go to Sydney and then caught a cold at Melbourne that forced him to stay in bed for a few days (if I remember correctly). It's not that good, but I think the back thing can be cured in this time and he should be able to practise and I think it's better than having a cold (or more severe injury, which goes without saying).
Did he commit to Sydney initially?
I thought his schedule is to fly to Melbourne straight after Perth

"K I W I"

K I E F E R

GOOD LUCK: Nicolas Kiefer- Tommy Robredo- Andy Roddick- Andre Agassi- Andrei Pavel- Juan Carlos Ferrero- Dominik Hrbaty- Mardy Fish
Old 01-06-2006, 08:52 AM   #38
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118
Did he commit to Sydney initially?
I thought his schedule is to fly to Melbourne straight after Perth
No, he didn't commit to a tournament in week 2.

I see another 4th round coming. But I hope for more.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #39
country flag Neely
-

Oh cool, I thought he wanted to play another tournament. Well, then he doesn't miss anyway much more than he planned

Old 01-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #40
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

btw Germany was the worst team at the end.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #41
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG
btw Germany was the worst team at the end.
Ouch, from a favourite to win the whole tournament to bottom last

Old 01-07-2006, 06:34 AM   #42
country flag kfh_9118

Quote:
Ouch, from a favourite to win the whole tournament to bottom last
such a high expectation ended like this

But Kiwi is probably the top male player in the group

"K I W I"

K I E F E R

Old 01-07-2006, 07:33 AM   #43
country flag JMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118
such a high expectation ended like this

But Kiwi is probably the top male player in the group
Yes, I would say Kiwi was the best, although Wessels was 4-0 in the group + qualifying because of the withdrawals (Arthurs and Kiefer).
Old 01-09-2006, 11:15 AM   #44
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Nicolas will play in kooyong this week.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #45
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

auf gehts kiwi !!!!!!