Australian tour - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2006, 04:53 PM   #256
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian tour

Attached Images
File Type: jpg r3706590312.jpg (65.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg r3014092485.jpg (70.8 KB, 14 views)
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #257
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny that Mary Carillo always made fun of Nicolas's shorts, but I still remember the days that she would go on and on about Pat Rafter's sweaty shorts. And I gurantee you, she wasn't complaining abouth them then.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #258
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek
It's funny that Mary Carillo always made fun of Nicolas's shorts, but I still remember the days that she would go on and on about Pat Rafter's sweaty shorts. And I gurantee you, she wasn't complaining abouth them then.

The shorts cracked me up constantly. Not even the wet-ness (if that is even a word lol) but how he kept hiking them up. While Amanda and I were talking during the match this morning she made a comment about how he was trying to blind fed with his bare legs sadly the tactic did not work as we had planned. They are good for a giggle... I think I would secretly get some joy if when I go to some tournys this summer he has them on
Old 01-27-2006, 09:27 PM   #259
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all together for the wonderful collection of pictures you added!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #260
country flag urbanjae

urbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
While Amanda and I were talking during the match this morning she made a comment about how he was trying to blind fed with his bare legs sadly the tactic did not work as we had planned.
You know, I wonder if the combination of the bare legs, sweaty shorts, Wilson trucker hat AND the bling of the Mr. T Starter Kit would work to distract Federer? I think it's worth a shot, don't you, Mary?

Rafael Nadal | Roger Federer | Alexander Waske | Marcos Baghdatis | Mario Ancic

Goran Ivanisevic will forever be my first tennis love.
urbanjae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:37 AM   #261
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanjae
You know, I wonder if the combination of the bare legs, sweaty shorts, Wilson trucker hat AND the bling of the Mr. T Starter Kit would work to distract Federer? I think it's worth a shot, don't you, Mary?

And don't forget shirtless.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:46 AM   #262
country flag urbanjae

urbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
And don't forget shirtless.
OMG I totally forgot about that. How could I forget an important thing like that?? *tsk tsk*

Rafael Nadal | Roger Federer | Alexander Waske | Marcos Baghdatis | Mario Ancic

Goran Ivanisevic will forever be my first tennis love.
urbanjae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #263
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Q. How do you assess your performance tonight? How do you sum it up?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Well, I mean, I think was great match. Especially first two sets was unbelievable tennis. Was tough start in the third set. I mean, I served pretty good and then he hit three unbelievable returns and I got broke. And then once he's ahead, it's not easy.

And I tried to stay in the whole time. I mean, we were solid games, but I just couldn't make it. Then in the end, he was just too good.

Q. Your first Grand Slam semifinal. How is that going to set you up for the rest of the year?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Well, I mean, first I have to realize it. I mean, just short time after the match. I have to sleep over it and then I think next few days I will realize it.

No, I have to say it was great start of the year. Also with my new coach, we worked a lot. I think it's on one hand side it's a great result, but on the other hand side, of course I am disappointed because my goal was to beat Roger. But then when it came to the important points, maybe I took too much risk. But to beat this guy, you have to take a lot of risks; you have to play at your limit.

Well, I can say I lost a lot of energy in my first rounds. Maybe it pays off in the end.

Q. How do you feel physically now?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Very tired.

Q. And emotionally tired? How much pressure does it put on you mentally to play Roger?

NICOLAS KIEFER: No, I mean, that's ‑‑ that's the moment you are practicing for, you are working for, you work hard to measure yourself with the best guy in the world. Unfortunately, I couldn't do it again. But that's my goal: to keep on working and to try next time.

Q. You mentioned looking ahead. How easy do you think it will be to come down from this and come back to, you know, presumably you have Davis Cup and things coming up?

NICOLAS KIEFER: No, I mean, I think I had great, great two weeks. This is what I also have to see. Of course on the one hand side is the loss tonight against Roger. But on the other hand side, I have to think ‑‑ I have to see the good things, and this was for sure.

I didn't play my best tennis in the first few rounds but I was fighting unbelievable and that's the reason why I won my matches. It showed me today by fighting, it's not easy to beat Roger. You have to play also your best tennis, you have to play at your limit, and this is almost tough for me because of course I was tired, I had to try to take all my energy, I was trying for every point. But at the end, I just couldn't make it. Of course, disappointed, but I lost so much energy in the last few days.

Q. It's been a very good tournament for Germany. Does that give you confidence for Davis Cup and for German tennis?

NICOLAS KIEFER: No, I mean, I'm looking forward for Davis Cup tie. I mean, we still have two weeks, and now I'm gonna use next days to recover little bit. I mean, we have a great team. I mean, of course it's tough, tough tie against France. But we have a home match finally after many years. We play in Halle. I mean, it's my favorite place. I feel like home. It's not far away from home. I think it's gonna be great week and hopefully ‑ cross fingers ‑ successful weekend.

Q. Presumably you can expect a good reception after what you have take done here?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Well, I mean, at the moment I'm pretty disappointed and tired and just mentally very, very tired.

But I think over next few days I'm gonna realize and I can look back and say, Great four weeks in Australia. I lost to the best player in the world, and he showed it in the big moments. Was tough.

Q. Does it mean that you will not be coming to Zagreb or not?

NICOLAS KIEFER: I am going to think about it. Doesn't look like.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:00 AM   #264
country flag Saturn66

Saturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond reputeSaturn66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ thanks for posting that interview.
Saturn66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:15 PM   #265
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Australian tour

Ok match but very boring result. Kiwi is a tough player,hope next time he can beat him!

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #266
country flag GermanBoy

GermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Is it true that this *blank* really went out for a toilet break during his semi final with Federer and walked back in shirtless with a shirt in between his teeth and I couldn't see it?
Hiii alex! My exams aren't done yet, i finish on the 26th Aw hun, at least now your college work is done you have less distractions from the task at hand Try and stay calm, be strong and have confidence in the wonderful person you are! x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
lol Alex, you're so goddamn demanding
GermanBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #267
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBoy
Is it true that this *blank* really went out for a toilet break during his semi final with Federer and walked back in shirtless with a shirt in between his teeth and I couldn't see it?
he did it all the time
also against Ferrero