Australian tour - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-25-2006, 07:26 PM   #211
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanjae
I wish everyone felt as you did; I agree with you completely. I finally had to leave the other forums because I got tired of everyone talking about the racket and not how well both players did. It was an incredible match for both of them, but especially Kiwi for keeping it together like he did in that 5th set. I was concerned in the first few games, but when he broke back I knew he was going to stay in it.

Again, I totally agree. I think it would've saved a lot of headache in the end if the point had been replayed. But I'm sure Kiwi reacted as most players would ... he was caught up in the moment, he did something he shouldn't have but he got the lucky call. A lot of people would do the same and take advantage of their good fortune in that instance. Yeah, it's bad it happened, but mistakes occur for everyone.

Besides, he had been arguing the umpire's calls the entire match ... maybe he just didn't want to argue that one and get another warning haha

AUF GEHTS KIWI!!!
Amanda, every single thing in this post i agree wtih 110% and is exactly how I feel towards the entire thing. I would love to go back to GM and post more, but no one is going to listen so I really don't see the point in fighting a losing battle. Kiwi admits what he did was wrong. We know what he did was wrong. But most players woulda let it go like he did if they had the chance to get away with it. All in all I strongly believe it didn't affect the outcome of the match. As I said in GM, Grosjean still won that game and that whole fiasco got spectators who didn't have a favorite to cheer more for Grosjean so I believe it all worked against Kiwi.

I dunno....... I am so sick of it already. Bring on Federer!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #212
country flag urbanjae

urbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
Amanda, every single thing in this post i agree wtih 110% and is exactly how I feel towards the entire thing. I would love to go back to GM and post more, but no one is going to listen so I really don't see the point in fighting a losing battle. Kiwi admits what he did was wrong. We know what he did was wrong. But most players woulda let it go like he did if they had the chance to get away with it. All in all I strongly believe it didn't affect the outcome of the match. As I said in GM, Grosjean still won that game and that whole fiasco got spectators who didn't have a favorite to cheer more for Grosjean so I believe it all worked against Kiwi.
How true indeed. I think the only thing it affected was that particular game; it got Grosjean fired up and the crowd on his side and so he took advantage. Nothing else from that point on was affected by what happened except maybe for Carillo's trash-talking. The battle was fought though, Kiwi prevailed, he and Grosjean are friends, so maybe everyone will eventually get on with life and talk about the talent we see on court.

You are my tennis bff for life

Quote:
I dunno....... I am so sick of it already. Bring on Federer!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!
AMEN! Bring on Federer and the early a.m. Kiwi party!!!

Rafael Nadal | Roger Federer | Alexander Waske | Marcos Baghdatis | Mario Ancic

Goran Ivanisevic will forever be my first tennis love.
urbanjae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #213
country flag AlexisIII

AlexisIII has a reputation beyond reputeAlexisIII has a reputation beyond reputeAlexisIII has a reputation beyond reputeAlexisIII has a reputation beyond reputeAlexisIII has a reputation beyond reputeAlexisIII has a reputation beyond reputeAlexisIII has a reputation beyond reputeAlexisIII has a reputation beyond reputeAlexisIII has a reputation beyond reputeAlexisIII has a reputation beyond reputeAlexisIII has a reputation beyond repute

Guys can you explain me what has happened to Kiwi? The match Vs. Seb is the worst in AO. I could understand if he was making errors like Ferrer vs. Santoro. But Kiefer was not even trying to make a winner..he made very strange shots...just hoping for an error from Seb. 40% first serve is bad, but even netted serves were 170km/h...he had only several good serves in the match...most of them in the 5th set. And this bad performance after an incredible win against Chela!!!

First I thought that his leg is the reason. But he could run easily. He was just....tired....he started the match being tired....what do you think of it?

Anyway I am very happy that Kiefer made a semi....
AlexisIII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #214
country flag liptea

liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute

People in GM hate Jesus.
liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:41 PM   #215
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR
One of them is me! Yes I was glad he won the match but I still think his behaviour on court wasn't nice. He shouldn't throw the racquet to give up the point anyway.He did that so I think he should admit it and give that point to Seb.Thank god Seb held that serve.
No question that he had better kept his racket in his hands. Yes, for fairness reasons he should have surrendered the point. But it's wrong of the people to say he wanted to hurt Grosjean or he wanted to throw the racket AT him, and that's what I don't understand with a few.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #216
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are my tennis bff for life
AWW!!!!!!! You are my tennis bff for life! We need tennis bff necklaces to split in half and wear like we are 8 years old

Quote:
AMEN! Bring on Federer and the early a.m. Kiwi party!!!
KIWI OR BUST!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #217
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
No question that he had better kept his racket in his hands. Yes, for fairness reasons he should have surrendered the point. But it's wrong of the people to say he wanted to hurt Grosjean or he wanted to throw the racket AT him, and that's what I don't understand with a few.
Amen to that. I watched the tape of it again today for the first time since it actually happened cuz my mom wanted to see what all the fuss was about. The racket was no where near hitting Grosjean. It totally flies off the tv screen and clearly off the court. It didn't even land like on the court from what ESPN2 showed -- maybe they were doctoring the tape though while Mary Carillo was busy calling Kiwi a "mutt" ( she better pray she never comes near me ). People need to make drama out of something and that was the perfect thing to make it out of. But like you said, that is the thing that is pissing me off. Say what you want about Kiwi, have your own opinion, but don't make up stories about how he's trying to like behead someone else. He never had any intention of hurting Grosjean and that is what bothers me. I want to sit everyone down in my living room and play them all the tape of it happening. The thing never went near Grosjean. And then people take pix taken at an aerial angle facing grosjean that make it look like the racket went right past his face when it was very high over his head and not near him.

With that said, Kiwi still is and will always be my favorite

Last edited by mary b : 01-25-2006 at 10:20 PM.
knight_ley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #218
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, really a pity that this happened and that for many people there is a shadow over this great performance because of this one point

Anyway, I still like him
That makes Kiwi so interesting

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #219
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

I think i'm going to try the racquet throwing against in my match tonight and see if I can win a few points It's a clever way to win.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:21 AM   #220
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx simpleternity, for the pics, I;ll add some too
kiwifan80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:24 AM   #221
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

And yeah Federor struggled last night and the day before, so I think Kiwi really has a big chance this time espescially. Again I hope he plays well and controls himself out there. I wonder if it will be a night match or during the day. We have to wait and see
Old 01-26-2006, 12:55 AM   #222
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

Lots more pics @

http://www.isifa.com/index.php?bool_...Nicolas+Kiefer

http://www.tennisphotolibrary.com/cgi-bin/tpl.pl
Old 01-26-2006, 01:33 AM   #223
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,i want to give my opinion on the whole racket fiasco.sure it was a bad thing to do.but we,his fans know how he is and will support him anyway.we all know how he is on court,we accept him.he is not like that off court,far way from it.he is not playing in that hot weather to make fans,for Carillo to fall in love with him or to have lunch with the chair umpire after the match but,to win the match.As for what australian newspapers are saying about him,hello look at your Hewitt.last time that i checked he wasn't no angel.basically what i want to say is,there is a lot of players on the atp tour so if someone is not happy with him then choose another player.sure i sometimes don't agree with his behavior but he is who he is...a guy in the semis.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:53 AM   #224
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiteami
Ok,i want to give my opinion on the whole racket fiasco.sure it was a bad thing to do.but we,his fans know how he is and will support him anyway.we all know how he is on court,we accept him.he is not like that off court,far way from it.he is not playing in that hot weather to make fans,for Carillo to fall in love with him or to have lunch with the chair umpire after the match but,to win the match.As for what australian newspapers are saying about him,hello look at your Hewitt.last time that i checked he wasn't no angel.basically what i want to say is,there is a lot of players on the atp tour so if someone is not happy with him then choose another player.sure i sometimes don't agree with his behavior but he is who he is...a guy in the semis.
I agree, now we can all move on. Whatever happened... happened.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:13 AM   #225
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

I am really excited
It be huge to see a german in the finals of a GS again
I remember getting up for Rainer

too bad I have to work tomorrow, so I can just tape the semi
maybe when I get up its 6-6 in the fifth again

go Kiwi go