Australian tour - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2006, 04:04 PM   #166
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian tour

Wow I'm so prowd he's in the quarters. It's been long overdue. Finally I got to c him on TV(ESPN 2). He played so well. he played a really smart match and really deserved to win. I luv those little drop volleys that he hits. He has such soft hands. He is also is moving the best I've ever seen him. He seems extremely fit.

He can take out Grosjean imo. If he keeps on playing the way he has been I can definately see him getting past this. I just hope he can serve just a bit better against Sebastian, than he did vs Chela. For a whole in the match he had trouble with his first serve percentage. Good Luck vs Grosjean
kiwifan80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #167
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanjae
WOOT! Thanks for the pix, Mary! What a fun online Kiwi party we had last night hahaha And the ESPN2 interview *SIGH*

AUF GEHTS KIWI!!!
AMANDA! 1. i want screencaps. 2. i want to hear it. 3. I HOPE YOUR BOSS LOVES ME ENOUGH TO LET YOU BURN IT NOW FOR ME SO I DONT HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!

KIWI IN ENGLISH = MARY HAPPY!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:10 PM   #168
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi's post match interview from the official site.

Quote:
Q. Was aggression the key to your win today?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Yeah, I mean, I played against him once. But was long, long time ago. I mean, my goal was for sure to play aggressive.

I know that I made a lot of mistakes, but that's the only chance and the only way to beat him.

Q. How have you pulled up? Feeling fine?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Yeah, I mean, most important thing is to be happy at the end of the day and to have a win under your belt. I'm sure there were many good things in my game and a few things were not so good.

But I see that still many things can happen and everything is possible. That's the most important thing and that's the key.

Q. Can you tell us what the good and bad things were in your game today?

NICOLAS KIEFER: No, I mean, I went outside, it was great that I played aggressive the whole time. I didn't care if I made mistakes or not. I mean, I had to play aggressive against this guy. That's what I did.

Of course, I had a lot of mistakes, but that's the way how it goes. If you don't make it, you can't win. On the other hand side, I didn't feel good when I was serving. But, as I said, the most important thing is to win.

Q. Where do you feel your game is at the moment compared to previous years?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Well, I mean, I can't say percentage. I mean, I would say still far away from my best. I mean, I'm happy that I won. I'm happy the way I'm playing at the moment. But still I would prefer to be injury‑free and healthy. I mean, that's the most important thing.

I mean, I work with Sascha, we worked a lot, we worked hard. We spend a lot of time on the court. I'm so happy that it pays off already now. It shows that we are on the right way. We just try to go on step by step and to work on different shots and try to improve my game.

Q. The next round you will face a Frenchman. Can you speak about each of them.

NICOLAS KIEFER: Well, I mean, Seb, everybody knows he's a great hard court player. I mean, also for Davis Cup, it's going to be interesting. It's not easy to play against him. But I think we played many times, and it's almost equal. Paul‑Henri, I never played against him.

I mean, it doesn't matter who I get, I just try to enjoy time on the court, to have fun, to go up another level.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:00 AM   #169
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

From the 3rd round from Fotosports
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p_1135-21106091404.jpg (22.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg p_26674-21106091603.jpg (16.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg p_30149-21106091204.jpg (19.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg p_37383-21106091603.jpg (26.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg p_48830-21106091505.jpg (27.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg p_68320-21106091304.jpg (20.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg p_78936-21106091403.jpg (28.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg p_96251-21106091504.jpg (26.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 01-24-2006, 04:13 AM   #170
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

Many pics from the 4th round

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p_25195-23106055804.jpg (15.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg p_29947-23106055403.jpg (15.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg p_30940-23106055703.jpg (17.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg p_36657-23106055905.jpg (16.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg p_45602-23106055904.jpg (19.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg p_50799-23106065204.jpg (14.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg p_81307-23106055803.jpg (18.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg p_81307-23106055803.jpg (18.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg p_89865-23106055604.jpg (16.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by kiwifan80 : 01-24-2006 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:28 AM   #171
country flag nicolette

nicolette is on a distinguished road

GO KIWIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!

tu vas le battre grosjean .....allezzzzz
nicolette is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #172
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi will play first match on centre court tomorrow.

I was wishing they will put his match at night time, hence I can watch it live after work. Now, I can only follow the scores

Good luck tomorrow, Kiwi. Get your first GS SF. This is probably his best chance to get to the GS SF

"K I W I"

K I E F E R

GOOD LUCK: Nicolas Kiefer- Tommy Robredo- Andy Roddick- Andre Agassi- Andrei Pavel- Juan Carlos Ferrero- Dominik Hrbaty- Mardy Fish
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:29 PM   #173
country flag urbanjae

urbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond reputeurbanjae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
AMANDA! 1. i want screencaps. 2. i want to hear it. 3. I HOPE YOUR BOSS LOVES ME ENOUGH TO LET YOU BURN IT NOW FOR ME SO I DONT HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!

KIWI IN ENGLISH = MARY HAPPY!
Hahaha, well my boss got to work late, so I felt bad for asking him to use his computer to work on it. So as you know, I worked on it whilst we had an online Kiwi party last night and it will be in the mail to you today!

Rafael Nadal | Roger Federer | Alexander Waske | Marcos Baghdatis | Mario Ancic

Goran Ivanisevic will forever be my first tennis love.
urbanjae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #174
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the great gallery, Kiwifan!

Good luck to Kiwi against Grosjean today! You can beat him!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 01-24-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #175
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanjae
Hahaha, well my boss got to work late, so I felt bad for asking him to use his computer to work on it. So as you know, I worked on it whilst we had an online Kiwi party last night and it will be in the mail to you today!
I CANNOT WAIT ! especially after seeing the screencap you took of him. I am just praying he randomly punched Brad Gilbert in the face, even though you won't tell me if he did or not

The one day ESPN2 isn't showing tennis at 7pm! Hopefully they're going to either re-air it or maybe change their minds and show it earlier. Now that Patty Mac and Brad Gilbert are both in love with Kiwi They must fight for coverage!!!!

Auf Gehts!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 05:19 PM   #176
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

But you know that ESPN must show the Sharapova match for all the horny guys out there, hence the coverage starts later since she is the 3rd match.

I'm glad that Nicolas is playing first up since he is fitter and can take the heat better than Seb. I think it's supposed to be hot in Melbourne again after these last couple cool days.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:50 PM   #177
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek
But you know that ESPN must show the Sharapova match for all the horny guys out there, hence the coverage starts later since she is the 3rd match.

I'm glad that Nicolas is playing first up since he is fitter and can take the heat better than Seb. I think it's supposed to be hot in Melbourne again after these last couple cool days.
As long as it isn't going to be windy, I think whatever conditions should be okay for Kiwi.

On TV the commentators always said that Vodafone is supposed to be the slowest court, so Rod Laver today should be faster. I hope Kiwi gets well adopted to the bigger court and the new conditions; could be a little advantage for Grosjean at the beginning that he knows this court already from his first round.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 01-24-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:25 PM   #178
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Silly me, Sharapova isn't playing today. However, I can see that ESPN would rather show Kim and Martina play than Nicolas. To be honest, I would like to see that match too.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #179
country flag Kiwi7

Kiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond repute

awwwww can't wait for the match... i suppose it's the same with all of you.
i'm still dreaming of a Kiefer-Baghdatis final.
Auf geht's Kiwi!!!

Hajrá magyarok!! ~ Forza Italia! ~ Força Portugal!
Kiwi7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:08 PM   #180
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
I CANNOT WAIT ! especially after seeing the screencap you took of him. I am just praying he randomly punched Brad Gilbert in the face, even though you won't tell me if he did or not

The one day ESPN2 isn't showing tennis at 7pm! Hopefully they're going to either re-air it or maybe change their minds and show it earlier. Now that Patty Mac and Brad Gilbert are both in love with Kiwi They must fight for coverage!!!!

Auf Gehts!!!!

Yeah I hope they show it, but I don't think they'll start early. If they're still going after 2 and half hours, then we'll c him play, but I don't think they'll start till 10.