The Andy Roddick Cheering Thread! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-02-2002, 07:33 PM   #1
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute
Talking The Andy Roddick Cheering Thread!

:cough:

GO Andy

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2002, 09:00 PM   #2
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

YOU, Rebecca? The same person who started the Deprication Hall of Fame thread?

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 12:18 AM   #3

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that it would be ironic.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:37 AM   #4
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

How's this for ironic? Andy Roddick is in the semis of a TMS event With a chance to win it

Old 08-03-2002, 01:04 AM   #5

He has been in the semis before, and lost. its not his first semi, he got spanked by Haas last time me thinks.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-03-2002, 03:35 AM   #6
country flag TennisHack

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the clay event. Whoops

Well, I hope there is a Haas/Roddick final. I think Tommy will have the harder time getting there. I don't like Cañas at all He stopped my beloved Russians

Old 08-03-2002, 04:05 AM   #7

Yes a Tommy- Roddick final would be best IMO.

Though if you are looking for Roddick to win, root for Canas, because he will have a harder time with Tommy.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-03-2002, 05:55 AM   #8
country flag TennisHack

I'd like for Tommy to win. He needs to solidify his confidence after the long time away.

Plus, I don't think I could bear having more of the hateful Cañas on my tapes.

Old 08-03-2002, 10:36 PM   #9

More Canas for you

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-03-2002, 10:40 PM   #10

In truth I think Novak will lose to Andy tonight - Andy has the crowd with him, even after what happened with Nico, and its just his second match on center, so they will be loud for him I imagine.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:29 AM   #11
country flag TennisHack

Well, Andy was very, very impressive against Novak tonight. It only took him 50 minutes to clean the court. I put a little report in the scores thread, but basically I can sum it up as this: he is playing controlled, mature points; mixing his slice backhand (and even a few slice forehands ) in nicely; and the crowd was going wild. I think the crowd will play a big role in the final--they have been pretty intimidating from the reports I've seen It will be a good matchup with Cañas, but I hope something gets to the little Argentine!!

Old 08-04-2002, 01:43 PM   #12
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

TennisHack: i must admit that Pandy looked good against Jiri last night. pissed me off truly bec he was playing clean, powerful tennis. i kept thinking that Jiri's experience would kick in and he would take over but it didn't.

much as i hate to admit it, i think that Pandy has a good chance against my dahlin' Cañas. first of all, Cañas has serious tendinitis in the wrist and he has had some really long matches. second, Andy hits the ball harder and he is hitting it cleaner. third, the Canadians will root for RodPrick unfortunately.

Cañas' only strength is his speed. those tree-truck legs can run really fast and he chases down everything. i hope the weather cools off a bit so that he can run all day and spank Pandy's butt. whatever happens, it will be a good match and i'm thrilled for Cañas that he is in the finals.

now it's Sunday so i really should make the effort to forgive Jiri...
Cañas

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 02:18 PM   #13

REgarding the weather - I'm about 40 minutes from the site here, and there is little humidity, a cool breeze, sunny with some cloud cover - gorgeous.

I hope it stays this way.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:08 PM   #14
country flag TennisHack

Well, Andy fell under the Cañas curse. I didn't see all of the match (damn VCR) but I did see the last four games and good grief was he frustrated.

Oh, well. It was his first TMS final. There will be many more, I'm sure.

I hope Michel can act on this letdown and win against Andy on Tuesday. Apparently Michel can get fiesty, too, so it'll be a battle of the tempers

Old 08-05-2002, 04:29 AM   #15
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

If someone cares, I posted some notes I made during the match on both the final scores live thread at Toronto forum and the Canas´ thread at Chicos Latinos.

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Dissident is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote