Supporting Mariano!!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #31
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting Mariano!!!

I feel so sorry and sad for Mariano and all his fans!
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #32
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Neely for keeping our forum free of those who come to gloat or post negative comments. Thanks also to all those who came here to show their solidarity with Mariano and his fans. For me this is really depressing and I just can't believe that it has happened. I only wish to support Mariano in his time of need and am heartened by his fellow players like Gaudio, who has come out in his support. As for GM I shall not even go there because I don't want to be more sad and depressed than I am. I thoroughly believe Mariano when he says he didn't do it intentionally, but funnily the tribunal did too, and then they turn around and give him him a horribly harsh sentence. What a cruel and unusual punishment this is for unintentionally ingesting something. I believe in his wildest imagination Mariano couldn't have thought that the medicine was in the glass of water. How very sad for him and his family, all because the bureaucracy in ITF wants to set an example. What a cruel joke!!
Old 12-22-2005, 05:07 PM   #33
country flag kali_puerta_fan

kali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond repute

I hope things won't end this way. I am confident that Mariano will take this process to another level, a level that can give him the justice he deserves. Let's hope that this decision was only 2 set an example, and probably another trial will make things better. Mariano is a fighter, and he has nothing left to lose...So...let's hope this isn't good bye, and it's just a phase that can give Mariano the confidence and the support he needed 2 go through.

Must stay positive, right?

Meanwhile...wouldn't it be nice to send him something from our little forum? I mean a letter of support or smth...That is if anyone can share with us the adress...

Visit my blog:http://sportislife.blogs.eurosport.com
Good luck in the UEFA CUP: RAPID BUCHAREST IS THE BEST !!!!!!
FORZA MARIANO PUERTA!!!!
kali_puerta_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #34
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Kali I think that is a wonderful idea. Perhaps a card with all our names and maybe our countries of origin too - so that he can see he has support from all over the world. If I was going to a tournament soon I would gladly pass it on to someone who could give it to him, but I won't be on the tour again until April and it would be too late by then , but I'm sure if it was delivered to one of the newspapers in Argentina they would make sure it was passed onto him. What a lovely idea. What does anyone else think?

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:10 PM   #35
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you may consider this. I'm sure he'll be encouraged by your support.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #36
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's a lovely idea

Count me in
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #37
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is a brilliant idea, and I am all for it. Count me in.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #38

kali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Ok...so it's settled...it will be a package in this case...not a letter! some nice lines from each one of us, and maybe excerpts from what was posted on this forum (only the most beautiful posts)...all printed and mailed to...clarin let's say...I think Mariano will like it...Global Support!

FORZA MARIANO PUERTA!!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:49 PM   #39

Let's say...3 days, until Sunday...time for all of us to write something nice for Mariano...Spanish or english...Are you all in?

FORZA MARIANO PUERTA!!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:55 PM   #40
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

but, how/where/when?
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:03 PM   #41

how: as I said, everyone who wants to express his/her support 4 Mariano is welcome to participate
where: I think there will be a special topic on this forum

All this must be discussed here with the experienced ones...I mean Rosie, Daniel& Ali...so we can all settle a more specific date, and what's important...who mails it and to whom...
Hope this answers ur questions...The thing you have to remember is that you have to write something positive about Mariano. You can post is anywere, especially on this topic, and after a while, me&Rosie&Denaon&Ali, and everyone with a good suggestion will handle the thing...

Just post it!

FORZA MARIANO PUERTA!!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 08:01 PM   #42
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Kali - again thanks for your brilliant idea I am thinking maybe the messages shuold be sent to one of us (either yourself, me or Daniel for example) in a PM form. That way - people can express themselves more freely and "privately"- if we open a special thread here it may be open to abuse by fools like jacobhiggins Once the "closing date" has passed we can post them somewere for everyone else to read.

As to who posts it - well I guess Daniel is the obvious one because he is the only one of the regulars who lives in Argentina, and I know from personal experience that mail services between there and other parts of the world are not too reliable I would hate for our messages to be lost in the postal system which will be especially bad at this time of year. However - that, of course, is up to Daniel and whether he wants to participate.

About the date - I think your suggestion of Sunday is fine - we dont want to leave it too long or the "moment" will be lost.

About where we send it - yes - I think Clarins would be the best - they have a good reputation. Or perhaps to Mariano's website http://www.marianopuerta.com.ar/ - I don't know whether it is official but I'm sure they have some contact with him and his representatives.

If Daniel doesn't want to send/deliver it - I am quite happy to do it via some Argentine friends of mine - but we still have the problem that I am in Europe and would somehow have to get it to them in the first place!!

Any more suggestions?

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:35 PM   #43
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, good idea. I hope it'll cheer him up at least a bit.
But I need some time to think of a nice message and I don't know if I'll come back home on Sunday. You think Monday is too late? OK, I'll be here tomorrow morning so I'll check back then.
s to you all!
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:42 PM   #44
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

We have another HUGE supporter for Mariano - TONI NADAL!

Gracias TONI!!

Here's the article from latercera.cl:

Toni Nadal, coach and uncle of Spanish Rafael Nadal, critic with the sanction of eight years by imposed doping was shown today to Argentine Mariano Puerta and, above all, with the justification of the court of the ITF (International Confederacy of Tennis).

"It seems me incredible, a barbarity that recognize that did not have purpose and that did not have effects in its performance and that eight years they sanction him", affirmed indignant.

"It is a barbarity, an audacity of the rulers, that ask the cleaning in the sport and not in other environments. Why themselves do not they apply it to them same? There is a double moral", assured the Spanish coach that added: "Now all they are exposed to that throw them something in the beverage and they sanction them by life".

"It cannot be that by being taken a 'Frenadol' (medicine for the flu) someone can give positive", he added citing an example that what is worth "for the remainder of the humanity, does not be worth in the sport".

Toni Nadal showed its sadness by the case, although did not know if there was intention or not. "It is well that be severe with whom wanting to break the law and to do traps, but if they (the ITF) know that there is not spirit. ..".

Rafael Nadal has passed from 13 to 14 controls in which goes of the year. "The more you earn, more controls pass. It is incredible that the ones that win be drugged because they know that they are going to pass control. It is possible that Puerta was drugged knowing that played the end and that would pass a control?", was asked.

"Is incredible a sanction of this postage. Al small they cut him the life", said sad.

Toni Nadal spoke with Puerta in the tournament of Madrid, when "L' Equipe" already had revealed its doping. "I showed him my support, that believed in its honesty, that he was calm because was a very large stick", said. "With us always there has been good relation, carried himself very well in Paris, there was no problem".

But Puerta already is a recidivist and therefore when the French newspaper raised the matter, among the Spanish tennis players there was certain distrust, as assures Nadal.

"The suspicion is normal after the cases of Chela, Canes and Coria. Always there is something in the air, are boys that coach a lot and hardly", said on the Argentine tennis, that has lived in the last times seven cases of doping.

"The same Argentine tennis players know it and they say 'go what are going to think of us'", assured the coach of Rafael Nadal, that desired that "the appeal go well".
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:45 PM   #45
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_puerta_fan
Let's say...3 days, until Sunday...time for all of us to write something nice for Mariano...Spanish or english...Are you all in?
I'm in!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote