Jarkko Nieminen and other Finnish players - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #931
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jarkko Nieminen and other Finnish players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiNie
love to see those pics from his website I love this one :
true, but they are there like forever
he needs to update his gallery badly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #932
country flag RogiNie

RogiNie has a reputation beyond reputeRogiNie has a reputation beyond reputeRogiNie has a reputation beyond reputeRogiNie has a reputation beyond reputeRogiNie has a reputation beyond reputeRogiNie has a reputation beyond reputeRogiNie has a reputation beyond reputeRogiNie has a reputation beyond reputeRogiNie has a reputation beyond reputeRogiNie has a reputation beyond reputeRogiNie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinuera
true, but they are there like forever
he needs to update his gallery badly
yeah, that's true and most important: he has to put many more pics to the gallery, not only those 6 or so

Jarkko Nieminen > Janko Tipsarevic > Mario Ancic > Gilles Muller > Marco Chiudinelli > David Nalbandian
RogiNie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #933
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Jarkko fought hard to win today against Starace, 3-6 7-5 6-3

There were some concern that he got injured during the first set, but that didn't seem to be the case fortunately. I guess he'll set the record straight in his next entry to his blog.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:43 AM   #934
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Blog entry #2,...
Quote:
I got through a tough three-setter tonight against Potito Starace, who his a very talented player. You're always happy to get through the first round at any tournament. The courts are really fast here and he was serving well. I had played him once before, have practiced with him and had seen his matches, so I knew his game well. Other times if you don't know a guy that well you will ask other players or coaches about his game. I always try to have a game plan worked out going into a match.

It was the last match of the night session so I knew it was going to be a long day. I practiced at 11.30 in the morning on center court with Kenneth Carlsen to get a feel for the court, which I had not hit on before. Then I did my normal stretching and I ate some pasta for lunch at the courts around 1.30.

It was then back to the hotel and I was planning to take a long nap but I started to listen to some music and I really got into the book I'm reading. I probably got through 70 or 80 pages before I told myself that I had to put the book away and get some sleep. I slept for about half an hour and then called the site around 5 o'clock to check on the progress of the matches. Because my match was a 'followed by'' and not a "not before'' you always need to play it safe in case someone twists an ankle early in a match.

Then I picked up my iPod and went for a walk outside for about 20 minutes. I just walked a few blocks to take in some of the local sites. At indoor tournaments you often spend your entire day indoors in the hotel and the site, so it's important to get some fresh air when you can. Then I headed to the courts and had some salad and pasta for dinner around 6 o'clock.

Because I play the winner of Youzhny and Zib - who don't play till Wednesday - my next match won't be till Thursday, so I'll have some time on my hands the next couple of days. I'll try to have a look at the city on Wednesday. Often you're in the best cities in the world and all you see is the hotel, the site and the airport, so when you get a chance to take in the culture and atmosphere of the world's great cities I like to do it.

Jarkko.

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:37 AM   #935
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

pheww Jarkko
but a win is a win! fast courts dont suit him well unfortunately

nice blog entry again
Old 01-31-2006, 09:25 AM   #936
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
maybe Jarkko just needs darker eyebrows? Can you imagine? He'd look like Chris Haggard. Brunette eyebrows, bright blonde hair super-daggy.
don't give him ideas!!!! Jarkko is fine as he is now

I like the pictures they're using for his blog..... no safety vest! (probably too cold for that part of the world lol)
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, Olivier Rochus, Paul-Henri Mathieu & Kristof Vliegen
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:00 AM   #937
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

They all have quite boring blogs, no offence. But the most interesting blog from a sporting event that I've ever read was my own from Aachen . Unfortunately, available only in Polish so I won't post the link
Anyways good luck Jarkko and win the tournament if you hopefully can!

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:03 AM   #938
country flag el güero

el güero has a reputation beyond reputeel güero has a reputation beyond reputeel güero has a reputation beyond reputeel güero has a reputation beyond reputeel güero has a reputation beyond reputeel güero has a reputation beyond reputeel güero has a reputation beyond reputeel güero has a reputation beyond reputeel güero has a reputation beyond reputeel güero has a reputation beyond reputeel güero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia
They all have quite boring blogs, no offence.
Yeah, they remind me of my elementary school essays...
Why don't they make the player blogs more interactive, so that fans could ask the bloggers some questions?

Anyway, a good win for Jarkko. I guess he needed to settle to the right style of play on the quick surface. Hope his serve works really well this week.
el güero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:18 AM   #939
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia
They all have quite boring blogs, no offence.

I see your point..... I'm thinking that maybe tennis players have boring lives afterall.......lol. The most exciting part would be the match itself, but everyone will be reading it, so he can't give too much away - ie how he thinks about the opponent... how he felt during the match, tactics etc..... so this is what's left!
Old 01-31-2006, 11:25 AM   #940
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the blogs were realistic... but it will get a little monotonous (sp!?) after a while, and people will see that tennis is not as glamourous as it can seem. Well, until we get to a few particular players, no doubt. I think it's nice to get this insight into the players thoughts/lives on and off court. Plus (aimed at *~kat) we can find out the answers to some of our awkward questions, without having to ask
Old 01-31-2006, 11:29 AM   #941
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

The following is a nonsensical piece of 'humour' intended as a joke, towards my friend Kat, whom I attended some tennis tournaments with in January 2006. It contains a couple of jokes that probably only she would understand, as we tried very hard not to embarass ourselves in front of any players - for a change. Please, do not take this post seriously, Jarkko did not write it, I am merely making a point of how fussy some tennis fans can be

*~kat...Can you imagine (I kind of can):

Quote:
Ever since Adelaide, when I heard those 2 East coast girls giggling at my safety vest, and hassling other tennis professionals about their poor choice of undergarments, I am forced to wear this large jacket, and long, dark pants.

God forbid they might find out I am actually committing 'the crime of uncoordination' and wearing dark undies under white shorts.

Cross your fingers for me!

Last edited by Kristen : 02-01-2006 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Post not to be taken seriously.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #942
country flag white&blue

white&blue has a reputation beyond reputewhite&blue has a reputation beyond reputewhite&blue has a reputation beyond reputewhite&blue has a reputation beyond reputewhite&blue has a reputation beyond reputewhite&blue has a reputation beyond reputewhite&blue has a reputation beyond reputewhite&blue has a reputation beyond reputewhite&blue has a reputation beyond reputewhite&blue has a reputation beyond reputewhite&blue has a reputation beyond repute

I think the blogs have been pretty interesting. It depends what you expect them to say...What do you guys think could happen between the hotel and venue. It's interesting to know how they prepare to matches and stuff and what time they eat and what kind of food. It's useful to konow if you play yourself. I my opinion it was fun story what happened to friend of James Blake when he was at the beach

Nalbandian, Pim-Pim, Safin, Blake, Andreev, Federer, Coria, Nadal, Gaudio, Rochus
white&blue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #943
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by white&blue
In my opinion it was fun story what happened to friend of James Blake when he was at the beach
Yeah! James' mate is quite the hero hey! Love the way the lifeguard handled him
Old 01-31-2006, 11:54 AM   #944
country flag Kat!

I was also going to mention that James' blog has been the most interesting (?) so far probably because his first language is English. While for Ivan & Jarkko, it's not. Which could be why they can sound the same everyday

Kristen......... maybe Mario can take him there....
Old 01-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #945
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm i wonder who will be blogging from Sopot. If it's not another kid ("the next teen to win" - in 5 years of tournie's history only Coria wasn't the teen winner, he was 21) it may look like
5am-6am blackout
6am-7am blackout
7am-8am blackout
8am i guess i was woken up
10 am i had to get up cos it's the latest time for the breakfast
10.30 am uhhhh.... who took the mineral water bottles?
12 pm my practise session
12.05pm no flash please!
12.45 pm - two balls? three balls? four balls? wtf
1.00 pm SHOWER yeah!
3 pm - my match... hey how ya feelin' dude? did you find your sunglasses?

etc

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote