Did Lleyton take his anger out on Poor Robby? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2002, 12:41 AM   #1
aura of moya

aura of moya has a reputation beyond reputeaura of moya has a reputation beyond reputeaura of moya has a reputation beyond reputeaura of moya has a reputation beyond reputeaura of moya has a reputation beyond reputeaura of moya has a reputation beyond reputeaura of moya has a reputation beyond reputeaura of moya has a reputation beyond reputeaura of moya has a reputation beyond reputeaura of moya has a reputation beyond reputeaura of moya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did Lleyton take his anger out on Poor Robby?

Hey guys,
I woke up this morning to my radio saying the scores from Cinnci.
I first heard that Lleyton got into an argument about an interview, then that was followed by news that he beat Robby Ginepri 6-0 6-0.
I automatically thought, Ouch, double bagels very rarely occur on the mens tour, just because the majority on the players have a stronger enough serve to hold at least once, so I was shocked that Robby got clean swept.
He isn't a chump on the court, and made the semis a couple weeks ago.

So this kinda drew me to the conclusion that you can only absolutely destroy your opponent the way Lleyton did today if your truly angry. Doesn't have to be at your opponent but in general, and Lleyton is a player that would be at his peak in that frame of mind.

Maybe more of the girls kind of hate each other more than the guys do. Thats would explains the 6-0 6-2 early round scorelines, not the depth of the tour.

Simon V
aura of moya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2002, 01:47 AM   #2
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Murkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that he was pissed may've had something to do with it, but I doubt it. Lleyton's not the kind of player to give a single point away if he can help it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/LosDosMos/10.jpg

"I'm just on a mission today. But the end result, you will feel better."
"Not when you go home alone tonight I won't..."

"What is your good luck charm?"
"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Murkofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 02:07 AM   #3
Jackie

Jackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but all the crap related to the interview may have helped a bit...unfortunately it looks like he's only getting half his prize money for the win. Good luck to him with the appeal
Jackie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 03:17 AM   #4
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

He played good, but Ginepri bombed himself too.
The poor guy couldnt keep the ball in at all. Lleyton played his game. Not phenomenal imo.

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Dissident is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote