A Magical Tour Down Under - Auckland and the Oz Open - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2006, 08:27 AM   #61
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Magical Tour Down Under - Auckland and the Oz Open

Great win for Nico - I am really pleased I'm at work so couldn't really follow scores properly - but I am very happy for him and everyone here Hope this will be a start of great things in 2006

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2006, 08:38 AM   #62
country flag Eléa

Eléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Nico
It was fun to "follow" the scores with Maria José and Alonso

Marcelo Rios - Hugo Armando (my Hugo's blog) - David Ferrer

all my support to: X-man, Lleyton, Mario, Feli, Diego H, Willy Canas, Ruben, Nico L, Igor, Peter, J-P and Robert & Rameez
to my "pti potes" Diego Junqueira , Gustavo Marcaccio & "Régis" Guzman
and Vince
Le crado Zabaleta "EveRRRybody"
Eléa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #63
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

YEAY FOR MY NICO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!

I feel bad now - I slept through it! But I was there in spirit with him. Of course superstitution - now I have to sleep through his next match.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #64
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Next up Chris Rochus.

Buena suerte NICO!!!!!!!!

Stadium
Matches start at 11:00 AM

Raemon Sluiter(NED) vs. David Ferrer(ESP)
Andy Murray(GBR) vs. Mario Ancic(CRO)
about 20 minutes break
Christophe Rochus(BEL) vs. Nicolas Massu(CHI)
Simon Aspelin(SWE)/Todd Perry(AUS) vs. Petr Pala(CZE)/Pavel Vizner(CZE)

Not before 7:00 PM

Fernando Gonzales(CHI) vs. Ivo Minar(CZE)
about 20 minutes break
Christophe Rochus(BEL)/Olivier Rochus(BEL) vs. Jordan Kerr(AUS)/Travis Parrott(USA)

Court 4

Starting at 12:00 NOON

Jarkko Nieminen(FIN) vs. Paul Goldstein(USA)
Olivier Rochus(BEL) vs. Jan Hernych(CZE)
Robert Lindstedt(SWE)/Jarkko Nieminen(FIN) vs. Dominik Hrbaty(SVK)/Jaroslav Levinsky(CZE)

Court 6

Starting at 12:00 NOON

Alberto Martin(ESP) vs. Stanislas Wawrinka(SUI)
Florian Mayer(GER) vs. Robin Vik(CZE)
Old 01-10-2006, 01:38 PM   #65
country flag NicoFan

From Radio Cooperativa - an interview with Nico after the match.

The number two of Chile related that modified his strategy to be able to defeat for the first time al Slovak, its rival one in the Cup Davis matches in February next. "I have many more chances in clay", said.

The Slovak Dominik Hrbaty (15º) was one of the black beasts of Nicolas Massú (65º) in the circuit and the Chilean knew that he should do somewhat special to defeat it in the first round of the ATP of Auckland and on the New Zealand hardcourts he found the formula.

"I changed my tactic and I did him as never. I was perfect, but with a new strategy, striking with slice (effect of the ball when is struck upper downward. The characteristic is that is a defensive shot and with very little sting), that never used it and it did not improve. To conquer to Hrbaty had to do it and resulted me well because is a shot that not management and left me to the perfection", said Massú in statements to Al Air Free in Cooperative.

Massú was imposed for 6-2 and 6-4 to Hrbaty and will play the quarterfinals of the contest before the Belgian Christophe Rochus (44º).

"I did not win any player neither, not only by the fact that we will play with him in February, but because is one of the better in the ranking, comes to play the end of the Davis Cup and is in a great moment", maintained Massú.

The viñamarino clarified that will be very different when in front to Hrbaty between the 10 and 12 of February in the Crescent of Rancagua: "This has nothing to do with the Davis Cup because is a special pressure. They will have 14 thousand people... in another court, in clay and playing for the country".

"If I beat him in hardcourts, I have many more chances in clay. It is a good one deliver immediately, but one must be careful because does not signify that be insured the triumph", added.

Massú commented that felt very well physically: "I ran a lot and I felt well. Hrbaty is a rival very hard one, that hits a lot and I am very I please because never he had earned him before. In an only they parted I showed that I am with an incredible confidence".

It consulted if will continue with the same strategy, the double Olympic champion indicated: "I changed a little the tactic, but play of fund is going to be always the same one. Rochus plays quite different to Hrbaty, removes less and perhaps is more talented. The tennis is a sport from day by day and all can change a lot of".

Massú also dedicated a paragraph to his harmful campaign 2005: "All last year was with injuries. I arrived Monday or Tuesday and did not know if could play because hurt me here or there. In general me did not feel well and could not stop for the matter of the ranking. The holidays was the best than me could pass".

(Cooperative.cl)
Old 01-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #66
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

I must confess, I'm impressed by that result, I really didn't expect him to win. The draw has opened up quite nicely for him as well
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #67
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit late but anyway congrats Nico

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #68
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm late too Lovely! But a big YEAY!!!!! for Nico! I stayed up for the match-everytime I thought I was going to go to bed I found a score so I couldn't leave! So happy for Nico. He sounds so confindent in the post match interview-what a wonderful difference from most of last year!

Now, Good Luck to Nico against Rochus!!! You can do it again Nico!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #69
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Nico, great to read that he won

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #70
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Great win for Nico over Hrbaty who usually shines at this tourney, either winning it or going deep!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #71
Sue

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Nico.....lets hope its the start of a great year for him!
Sue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:12 PM   #72
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful start for Nico, a great win and a good beginning to the season. Vamos Nico.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #73
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
YEAY FOR MY NICO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!

I feel bad now - I slept through it! But I was there in spirit with him. Of course superstitution - now I have to sleep through his next match.
NicoFan, I am sure you are over the moon and deservedly so . Personal congratultions for Nico's win, I am so happy for both of you. As a zen poem says rain after long drought... ( i forgot the rest) Anyway you deserve this and may he keep on winning. Buena suerte vursus C.Rochus.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #74
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy for Nico!!!

He really worked hard and deserved a good win!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:38 PM   #75
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtiger
NicoFan, I am sure you are over the moon and deservedly so . Personal congratultions for Nico's win, I am so happy for both of you. As a zen poem says rain after long drought... ( i forgot the rest) Anyway you deserve this and may he keep on winning. Buena suerte vursus C.Rochus.
Gracias Ali!

I am over the moon about it - and hope that tonight we'll have another victory!