Champions League Dec 6/7th - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-07-2005, 01:37 AM   #16
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Champions League Dec 6/7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollars & Cents
Chelsea v Liverpool
Is Mourinho already getting his excuses ready for not winning? Two weeks' ago before Anderlecht match he stated qualification was more important than finishing group winner. Now he states 3 points against Wigan this weekend is more important than tonight, whilst re-iterating little difference between finishing top. Stastically, finishing top is more likely to result in an easier draw but not guaranteed as there are a few dangers.

So what can we expect? Mourinho will still field his best team and intend to win but how easily will they achieve that? In contrast I am sure Benitez is gunning for the draw that secures first place. Why? Psychological edge in getting the better of Chelsea once again, and the better probability of an easier draw as they are less confident in their own ability than Chelsea.

This match will be very organised, Benitez will settle for a 0-0 result. Chelsea will play with Duff and Robben the same wide players that were unable to breach Liverpool in the away fixture. Joe Cole will be absent and he seems to be the player that performs best against the Reds.

Suggested bets:
Chelsea to keep a clean sheet @ 1.92: Very confident as Liverpool probably won't be too ambitious.
Liverpool to draw or win (X2) @ 2.06: High confidence if Liverpool are to get the draw they require for 1st place.

Riskier bets:
Liverpool to keep a clean sheet @ 3.90: More risky but considering Liverpool's stronger defensive record and performances of late absolute value. If they are to get a result here they are likely to not concede.

Correct score 0:0 @ 7.50: Doesn't this match have this score written all over it? And then we here Mourinho's excuses after the match with a smiling Benitez.
Damn hell of a call mate,very nice!!!!Congrats
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2005, 04:27 AM   #17
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

do or ... for Man U
1.6K on man u at 1.95
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:31 AM   #18
country flag SadrieL

SadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutafon
do or ... for Man U
1.6K on man u at 1.95
Not a bad bet considering Man U's form right now. Man U do play their best with their backs to the wall. Hard to see Man U not making it out of the group stages.
SadrieL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #19
country flag Yoel and co.

Yoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond repute

Of all the games tonight, which would you say has the most chance of more than two goals?

I would have thought Barcelona, but Udinese will be happy with a draw and Barca will be resting key players.

Perhaps Bremen - Pana?
Yoel and co. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #20
country flag SadrieL

SadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond repute

This is must win for Man U, isn't it? I could've sworn this was a must win game for Man U, but I can't remember why.

Anyway, some things to consider:

"Benfica have suffered a spate of injuries in the build-up to the game, with captain Simão, Fabrizio Miccoli, Manuel Fernandes, Giorgios Karagounis and José Moreira all sidelined."

"United defeated their hosts 2-1 at Old Trafford on Matchday 2 despite a host of injuries, and Koeman is wary of the threat a stronger lineup poses. "United are at full strength this time," he said. "Last time they weren't and they still won so it's difficult to say what will happen." The Dutchman's United counterpart, Sir Alex Ferguson, is far more assured, saying: "We need to win this game, nothing else matters."
Old 12-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #21
country flag SadrieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoel and co.
Of all the games tonight, which would you say has the most chance of more than two goals?

I would have thought Barcelona, but Udinese will be happy with a draw and Barca will be resting key players.

Perhaps Bremen - Pana?
Most likely Bremen - Pana, especially if Klose returns. Arsenal - Ajax could be an open game as well, but again you don't know with Arsenal resting key players.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #22
country flag Yoel and co.

Yoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadrieL
This is must win for Man U, isn't it? I could've sworn this was a must win game for Man U, but I can't remember why.
They can actually qualify with a draw as long as Lille don't win, but I doubt very much if they would like to take their chances.
Yoel and co. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #23
country flag Dollars & Cents

Dollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond repute

Bayern Munich + Juventus @ 2.60
With both teams already qualified people may wonder why bet on these two? Well, despite yesterday's results (mainly Chelsea finishing second) both sides still would like to finish first to hopefully enable an easier draw and more importantly the second leg at home.

Club Brugges v Bayern Munich(1.60): Bayern are in the box seat for group winner as they have a +1 better goal difference than Juventus. Coach Magath said that the aim is to win at least 2-0 and this is very possible. Rumours are the Brugges coach will rest several players to concentrate on upcoming league matches. I don't believe that and do expect to see a motivated Belgian side. But after Anderlecht's surprise win yesterday are we likely to see another result here? No, because if Bayern are motivated to achieve the 1st spot which it looks then the class difference should be too much, with Ballack, Makaay and Pizzaro and their massive danger and efficiency from set-pieces.
FC Bayern(Probable from Kicker): Kahn – Lahm, Ismael, Demichelis, Lizarazu – Deisler, Hargreaves, Ballack, Schweinsteiger – Makaay, Pizarro

Rapid Wien v Juventus(1.53): Which leads on to Juve. There is a school of thought that Juventus will settle for 2nd place now to avoid Mourinho's Chelsea. But I don't particularly believe that as Juventus will want to carry on the winning feeling even though chasing a goals total is not in their interest. The line-up is strong and Rapid are one of the worst sides in the competition so shouldn't pose too much threat. Wouldn't be surprised with another 2-0 victory here.
Juventus(Probable from Gazetta): Abbiati; Balzaretti, Thuram, Kovac, Chiellini; Camoranesi, Vieira, Blasi, Mutu; Zalayeta, Del Piero
Dollars & Cents is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #24
country flag Dollars & Cents

Dollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond repute

Udinese v Barcelona
A small opportunity here as there are funny looking prices on the draw. The market for this match is 2.80 2.50 3.00 and how often do the bookies really get it wrong? Barcelona are without Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Xavi. This time last year with first spot to play for a weak Barcelona side were trounced by a motivated Shaktar side 3-0. I don't see that today, but with Udinese needing a draw to secure qualification what are their chances of getting that?

Well, Barcelona say they will play their usual attacking game and reserves such as Guily and Larsson they are capable of doing this. However, Udinese are very strong defensively at home. In the league they have kept 4 clean sheets in 7 matches with the only goals conceded against Juventus and Inter (both 1-0 defeats) and then this weekend with a 2-0 defeat to Livorno in which the owner said that 'it was the worst performance from an Udinese team in 30 years'. Will that act as motivation? Coach Cosmi is being very cautious and says Udinese only has a 30% chance of progression.

Suggested bets:
Fixed odds are a waste of time here. With other matches to bet on tonight don't bother here. Instead due to the circumstances surrounding this match a small bet can be taken instead on: Correct score: 0-0 @ 6.50
Dollars & Cents is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #25
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the tips coming dollar+cents ..

im waiting for man U and arsenal to draw tonight...

also have tiny bet on draws in the villareal-lille , brugge-buyern matches

winners should be W.bremen and Sparta prague
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:56 PM   #26
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Champions League Dec 6/7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadrieL
Not a bad bet considering Man U's form right now. Man U do play their best with their backs to the wall. Hard to see Man U not making it out of the group stages.

what a crappy performance by Man U

costly for me
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:36 PM   #27
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody Man unt, all i needed was a draw for a huge pay out... oh well

they are a awful team, im not just kicking them cos they didnt deliver for me tonight.... but its a sign of the times they finish bottom of a group with villareal-benfica and Lillie, Unt really have become a mickey mouse side of european football, it could be 50 years before they ever reach the heights again, compared to the barcelona's, ac milan, juve's and chelsea's.

Werder Bremen delivered big time, easyiest money i made in what was an up-and-down week for me in champions league, as i had warned myself before.... 6th game of the group stages , anything can happen because of the teams already through scenario... clearly shown by Inter Milan yesterday.

the rest of champions league for me next year will be heavy in for Barcelona in the rest of this tourney, super powerful team and will rip everyone apart in the KO stages, even away from home tonight with a 'weakened team' and top spot in the group gaurenteed.. against Italian opposition, they still won with ease.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote