Exhibitions! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-04-2005, 12:39 AM   #1
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exhibitions!

Ok, first up:
-Copa Guillermo Vilas: from 4th to 6th of December in the Luna Park. David will play against Blake, Gaudio and Gonzalez, and then with Clerc and Vilas.

-Indoor Master Tennis 2005: 10th and 11th of December, David against Puerta, Gaudio and Zabaleta, in Cordoba.

-Copa Argentina de Tenis: From de 15th to the 18th of December: David will participate along with: Mariano Puerta, Gastón Gaudio, Juan Ignacio Chela, José Acasuso, Guillermo Cañas, Agustín Calleri, Mariano Zabaleta, Juan Mónaco, Juan Martín Del Potro, Luis Horna, Gustavo Kuerten.

-Copa Conrad: Will be played in Punta del Este, Uruguay, in the Conrad Hotel, during 29th and 30th of December with Massu, Zabaleta and Meligen

Last edited by jazz_girl : 12-04-2005 at 12:52 AM.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2005, 01:25 AM   #2
country flag Argentine girl

Argentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exhibitions!

Every exhibitions in Argentina want David. And everyone expects him to win all.
David will have lots of pressure next season because the world now expects him to win the grand slam.

I wonder where is Coria? At least he should attend Copa Argentina de Tenis. He doesn't move to Spain permanently, does he?
Argentine girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:41 AM   #3
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

aw.......am i the only one who think his exhibition matches are too many?....
it's good for the publification of tennis in Argentina, but four exhibition tourneys mean his December is over half full. i'd rather see he leaves tennis for some time, and rest totally for the next busy season, maybe two exhibitions are proper.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:20 AM   #4
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I thought it was too much at first, but now I don't think it really matters. I don't think it'll affect him negatively. It's only a couple of matches a week so there's still plenty of time to rest and do whatever and it's good match practice.

I think it's funny that he added so many exhibitions to his schedule though, especially since he said he wanted to play more tournaments after he won Masters Cup.

As for the expectations for next year, I don't think there'll be too much pressure. Yes, I think most expect David to have a better year next year (though the Argentinean press will probably be the only ones who care if he does badly, if anyone at all) but I doubt the press will be picking him as a favourite for anything so it won't be such of a big deal. Federer would still be the favourite to win the Slams, except for the French.

Last edited by krystlel : 12-04-2005 at 07:27 AM.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora
aw.......am i the only one who think his exhibition matches are too many?....
it's good for the publification of tennis in Argentina, but four exhibition tourneys mean his December is over half full. i'd rather see he leaves tennis for some time, and rest totally for the next busy season, maybe two exhibitions are proper.
Yeah, I agree. I can understand him playing in Cordoba, and in the Copa Argentina, but Uruguay??? And the Vilas Cup might mean a lot but... I don't know.
Mastelli said that he approves of the exhibitions because he considers them as training for the AO, since the surfaces will be on hardcourt. I hope he knows what he's doing...
Old 12-04-2005, 12:11 PM   #6
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel
I think it's funny that he added so many exhibitions to his schedule though, especially since he said he wanted to play more tournaments after he won Masters Cup.
yep...it's funny he said that....at least i'd like that he said he wanted to play tennis this time, not the car racing.

Quote:
As for the expectations for next year, I don't think there'll be too much pressure. Yes, I think most expect David to have a better year next year (though the Argentinean press will probably be the only ones who care if he does badly, if anyone at all) but I doubt the press will be picking him as a favourite for anything so it won't be such of a big deal. Federer would still be the favourite to win the Slams, except for the French.
i won't be surprised if he still plays some terrible matches again next year, seems it's more like him but yes, we all want to see a refreshed one in the new season. I can understand the press especially the Argentina ones have some expectation on him next year, and so are all of us. He has the enough talent to win one slam, especially if his mentality has strenghtened since TMC final.

I once thought maybe he could never win some big title coz he isn't consistent enough, but now he did the miracle, so i will put more trust on the future him.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:14 PM   #7
country flag novanora

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
Yeah, I agree. I can understand him playing in Cordoba, and in the Copa Argentina, but Uruguay??? And the Vilas Cup might mean a lot but... I don't know.
Mastelli said that he approves of the exhibitions because he considers them as training for the AO, since the surfaces will be on hardcourt. I hope he knows what he's doing...
eh.....go to Uruguay for the "training".....
Old 12-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #8
country flag jazz_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora
eh.....go to Uruguay for the "training".....
mmmm, I'd say for the money
Old 12-04-2005, 07:18 PM   #9
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Nalbo's certainly gonna be busy this month!
I do think it's alot, but it's career and I'm sure he knows what he is doing.
As long as he uses it for training and not take it too seriously, he'll be fine.
The Copa Argentina does look like a great preparation for the Aussie Open though.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:41 AM   #10
country flag jazz_girl

Ok, Gaston and David are playing their exhibition now, but I've already seen Clerc vs Vilas (Vilas won). Clerc/Nalbandian vs Vilas/Gaudio (Vilas/Gaudio won), Vilas/Nalbandian vs Gaudio/Clerc and at the end Vilas/Clerc vs Gaudio Nalbandian (the young guys won). But they had to play the first part with wooden rackets, and the guys were laughing a lot. David made a terrible double fault with those rackets, and since they were losing 5-0, Vilas allowed them to grab the new rackets, and they ended up winning it. Clerc was a riot, he made David run all the points, and David spent the day running, and Gaston made some of his tricks and he seems to be enjoying the whole thing a lot. Here are some pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00750.JPG (54.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00753.JPG (59.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00756.JPG (56.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00758.JPG (57.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00751.JPG (56.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00754.JPG (55.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00757.JPG (54.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00759.JPG (59.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00752.JPG (59.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00755.JPG (57.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-05-2005, 12:42 AM   #11
country flag jazz_girl

More:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00760.JPG (58.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00763.JPG (59.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00766.JPG (54.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00768.JPG (57.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00761.JPG (58.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00764.JPG (57.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00767.JPG (56.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00771.JPG (56.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00762.JPG (57.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00765.JPG (57.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-05-2005, 12:46 AM   #12
country flag jazz_girl

Some more:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00772.JPG (56.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00775.JPG (59.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00779.JPG (56.2 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00781.JPG (60.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00773.JPG (55.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00776.JPG (58.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00780.JPG (56.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00782.JPG (59.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00774.JPG (59.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00777.JPG (58.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-05-2005, 12:47 AM   #13
country flag jazz_girl

The last ones:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00783.JPG (57.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00788.JPG (60.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00791.JPG (60.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00784.JPG (56.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00789.JPG (59.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00792.JPG (59.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00786.JPG (58.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00790.JPG (57.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-05-2005, 12:52 AM   #14
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like fun. Thanks for the reports and pictures Jazz. I would have liked to have seen Gaston and David with the wooden racquets.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:49 AM   #15
country flag rachelzszs

rachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds like fun. Thanks for the reports and pictures Jazz. I would have liked to have seen Gaston and David with the wooden racquets.

me too
Marat Safin, Richard Gasquet

You all simply the best!
Bryans Roger Gaston Pim Mardy Lopez Rafa
rachelzszs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote