Pashanski and Berlocq - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-02-2005, 08:34 AM   #1
country flag JonnyC21

JonnyC21 has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyC21 has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyC21 has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyC21 has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyC21 has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyC21 has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyC21 has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyC21 has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyC21 has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyC21 has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyC21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pashanski and Berlocq

Looking through the year end top 100 I noticed 2 player I have not heard of before #83 Carlos Berlocq of Argentia and #84 Boris Pashanski of Serbia and Montenegro. These are two young lads in their early 20s who have not managed to win an ATP match between them at tour level, or played at a grand slam. Yet they still have managed to come just a couple of places short of the much hyped Novak Djokovic, with Berlocq having exactly the same number of points.

Does anyone know if either of these players are hot prospects for 2006? They have both obviously had killer years on the challenger surface, and I remember when Coria as a teenager went on a huge win streak on the challenger circuit which set him up to a top 80 ranking while he was still an unknown. Although it's worth bearing in mind that these blokes are a far few years older.
JonnyC21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2005, 10:42 AM   #2
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pashanski and Berlocq

Hi,
As I seem to have a couple of minutes and the subject of Carlos Berlocq is called out, I feel obligated to write something about him. I guess I am not as competent as anyone from Argentina, but I've been following his career and wishing him luck from mid-2003, so it can give me some credit to write anyway.
Berlocq was born in 1983 and really didn't play any junior tournies (except Argentina Bowl where he got a WC and reached a QF), so this makes his situation different than Coria's, who was a top junior player and got some support from national federation, while Berlocq didn't get anything, knowing local conditions and players' opinions about that federation. Apart from the mentioned Wild Card to a juniors' game, he has never ever received any other WC. It also shows the way Berlocq performs and deals without help. His first breakthrough was in 2002, when he played wel in futures events, winning some, and reached a Gramado challenger QF (lost to Ancic). Unfortunately, in 2003 he was still bothered by injuries, which gave him a stop in developing career. Continuing from August 2003, he was a "futures king" winning most of played in South America. He also won a bronze medal in PanAm games in doubles, where he (I don't remember who he played with ) defeated Rios. Berlocq's dream was to play in PanAm since he ballboyed at this tournament when he was a child. In summer 2004 Carlos Berlocq came to Europe and it was his breakthough moment number two - he was winning the futures events like crazy, even those big in France 15.000+H. All of them on clay. But the Argentine considers hard as his favourite surface, and, being practically a newcomer to challengers, in summer challenger swing in Latin America he managed to get another two chall. quaterfinals and then his first semifinal and his first final (lost to G. Lapentti in Manta). This year he's been quite known in challenger world, he won Tunis, Cordenons and now Buenos Aires. he played also an event in Poland - Poznań challenger (QF). He didn't manage to quallify to any ATP tour event, but I suppose he's on the right way to still develop, now he can get some sponsors or something, and if he played the ATP regularly, he can get the experience and defend his points. He surely can afford the quaterfinals in Latin America ATP in February or maybe he can become a "Casablanca King" (for Sopot he's too old, only teens win at ours). From what I know, he has strong shots from the baseline, but can play a volley as well. Many people like this show up tribute to their good performances in challengers and then their careers crash, but remember the late bloomer Agustin Calleri, who even had to throw in his towel for a year and help his dad in a shop with wine, due to no money. Let's see what hapens to Berlocq next.

As about Pashanski, our friends from Serbia and Montenegro were hyping him much in the "challengers thread". He's said to be no less talent than Djoković. I'll be waiting for the 2006 the more eagerly.

greetings,
Nathaliia

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
country flag Herceg Novi

Herceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond repute

for me Boris Pashanski is SCG player of the year as he has had an amazing run fromm ay when he was ranked about 350 til last month where he reached 84!!!!!
he has wone a match before in munich ont he atp tour when he beat Wesley Moodie.

basically a clay courter i can see him making great progress int he first few months as he has no points to defend to may!!!!!

he will pick up a lot of points in the the earlyc lay court events in brazil mexico and argentina

i can see him getting into the top 50 very quickly!!!!!!!!
i guess u can call him a typical "spanish" type clay courter!!!!!!!!

it will be interesting to see how he goes in adelaide and melbourne
Herceg Novi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
country flag virex

virex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond repute

from what i´ve heard boris is a pure baseliner, who hits hard and close to the line. but his volleys are as good as roddick´s.
virex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

I saw him play in Nottingham challenger November 2003.

He seemed to be a good player then he disappeared...and now suddenly he is in the top 100!

...I also got his autograph that day...the day I missed out on chatting to the future star, Joachim Johansson :retard:
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:04 PM   #6
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia
He didn't manage to quallify to any ATP tour event, but I suppose he's on the right way to still develop, now he can get some sponsors or something, and if he played the ATP regularly, he can get the experience and defend his points.
Nathii

Berlocq made his debut at ATP level this year in Stuttgart, as a qualifier, losing to Razvan Sabau from Romania in the first round 6-2 6-2.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #7
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Blues
Nathii

Berlocq made his debut at ATP level this year in Stuttgart, as a qualifier, losing to Razvan Sabau from Romania in the first round 6-2 6-2.
Shotgun
ahh yes, i remember. you're right. my fault. i missed it like Jez missed talking to PimPim.
indeed he played stuttgart - but it doesn't change the fact he didn't show much over there.
i hope his career won't end like Federico Browne's (who was the top junior in early 1990's by the way.)

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Huh, so Berlocq and the real Serb number 1 have received attention in before. It's a shame Berlocq's the one that gets the most attention around here out of these two.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

bump of the year
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

hilarious bump . Good to know that some guys/gals had faith in Pashanski and Berlocq .
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #12
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Nathii, Nathii, Nathii, love her.

Excellent analysis in that 2nd post.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
bump of the year
Bump of the century I would say
Old 10-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #14
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

this thread is so cute Pashanski > Nole
Nathii
Old 10-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Nathii were 18 years old, she must be older
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote