Main draw - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2003, 04:32 PM   #1
jtipson

jtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Main draw

1st quarter
Federer - Ferrer
Blake - Qualifier

Nieminen-Kucera
Chela - Massu

2nd quarter
Novak - Lopez
Koubek - Davydenko

Gambill - Mirnyi
Zabaleta - Calleri

3rd quarter
Costa - Sargsian
Volandri - Björkman

Henman - Qualifier
Qualifier - Schalken

4th quarter
Robredo - Melzer
Kiefer - Peya

Qualifier - Spadea
Moya - Gonzalez

==================
Tough one for Carlos Moya I think ...
jtipson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2003, 04:43 PM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Main draw

good luck Carlos
needs it as well

Max
Kolya
Roger
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 04:56 PM   #3
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Main draw

Aaarrghh, Henman v Schalken in the second round! I want them both to do well, but Henman will be the favourite there and he does need the wins more than Schalken at the moment.... either way, hope the winner of that one goes far, and they have a good chance of making it to the final - I'd fancy either of them against Moya on indoor carpet. Good draw for Federer too, dangerous opponents like Blake, Novak and Mirnyi but they're certainly all beatable.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 05:52 PM   #4
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond repute

Moya vs Gonzalez Good luck, Carlos!!!
The tough field!! A lot of my favourites here!!
Old 10-04-2003, 06:21 PM   #5
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Sjengster, you'd be interested to note that Carlos is level with your beloved Henman 2-2 indoors
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 06:52 PM   #6
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Main draw

Where's the big surprise, TBE? I knew they were at least 1-1 indoors, because I saw Henman beating Moya in Basel in 2001 and I knew Moya beat him 7-5 in the third at the year-end Championships in 1998. Fine, so they're 2-2 - I'd still fancy Henman's chances at a tournament like Vienna, which he has won in the past (demolishing Haas in the final). The guy took a set off Ferrero at RG this year, which was more than Mantilla or Costa could manage. And Schalken has beaten Moya twice on clay, so I'm fairly confident in his ability to take him out indoors.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 08:10 PM   #7
jtipson

jtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd be surprised if Moya gets far enough to play Henman. Nothing against Carlos, but he's not really had a good year, and Gonzalez first up (and coming off a final appearance or even a win in Metz) is going to be a high hurdle.

Of course, Henman might not that far either...but he seems to be feeling and playing well (with no shoulder problems), which sounds very promising. Now, I suppose it would be dangerous of me to hope for a Federer v Henman final, wouldn't it? Especially as it won't be live on Eurosport in the UK ...
jtipson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 08:11 PM   #8
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Good points Sjengster

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 02:48 AM   #9
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute

Sargsian is coming "hot" from the final in Moscow.
He could get to the semifinal or even further.
If Moya survives the first round against Gonzales, which I doubt, He will lose to Spadea in the 2nd.
I don't see anyone in the top half that should be a problem for Federer. In fact, I don't see anyone in the entire draw.

Last edited by nitsansh : 10-05-2003 at 02:52 AM.
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:21 AM   #10
country flag Laury

Laury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond repute

Chela
Zabaleta
Calleri

DAVID NALBANDIAN

Vamos DAVID!!!!!

~*~*~ Talk Tennis Message Board ~*~*~
Laury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 07:37 AM   #11
claudine140

claudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond repute

all those negative reactions against Moya!!!!
Well i hope you are all wrong and Moyke wins a lot of matches!!!=))

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Claudine :bounce
claudine140 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:09 PM   #12
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck:

Federer
Blake
Kucera
Mirnyi
Björkman
Robredo
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 05:28 PM   #13
usawildcat929

usawildcat929 has a reputation beyond reputeusawildcat929 has a reputation beyond reputeusawildcat929 has a reputation beyond reputeusawildcat929 has a reputation beyond reputeusawildcat929 has a reputation beyond reputeusawildcat929 has a reputation beyond reputeusawildcat929 has a reputation beyond reputeusawildcat929 has a reputation beyond reputeusawildcat929 has a reputation beyond reputeusawildcat929 has a reputation beyond reputeusawildcat929 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Gonzalez, Schalken and Blake
Old 10-05-2003, 09:24 PM   #14
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Jonas!!!!
Sjeng!!!!
Calleri!!
Federer!
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:29 AM   #15
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

Lets go Sargis
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote