*+*+*+* Kicking Off 2006: Davis Cup QF *+*+*+* - Page 47 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-25-2006, 11:57 AM   #691
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *+*+*+* Kicking Off 2006: Davis Cup QF *+*+*+*

Just a plainly bad tourney for my fav Frenchies... Richard, Paulo, Gael This tourney is over so soon!!

I think Guy probably choose Seb since he's more consistent. Richard has better chance to play since Paulo doesn't get along with Russia very well

Hope Richard will play + win his matches so he could get his confidence back, and play well for the rest of the season! C'mon Richard!!!!!
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #692
country flag j-phi

j-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond repute

It seems Richard suffers form Pharyngitis ...
A kind of "natural" choke.

Hope he returns soon to better performance
j-phi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:34 PM   #693
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the news, j-phi.

Richard
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #694
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *+*+*+* Kicking Off 2006: Miami *+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis lover
absolutely, true fans wouldn't desert him just cos he's had a bad start to the year! it's up to us to still support him and see him through the bad times as well as the good! Allez for the clay season Richie!
I am on board, even if Miami was
Puschkin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #695
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
I am just back from Miami and of course I am really disappointed by what happened with Richard's loss.
I just want to say that the loss against Serra can be really disappointing but it was not that bad.
Florent played incredible tennis and I don't want to find excuses to Richard but honestly Florent won this match and it's not Richard who lost it.
Richard started the match very slowly and didn't move well so he got broken at the very beginning. Florent was playing very fast and hitting great winners down the lines. Then Richard managed to break back and started to play better (with beautiful winners as usual) Then the tie-break was very tight Richard broke a string at 5all and Serra won the first set. Then the play was suspended because of the darkness and the match restarted on court 1 about one hour later. Again, Richard was not moving well at the beginning and got broken early. Then he tried to break back but Serra was serving incredibly well. (it was so frustrating...).

Richard was very irritated and couldn't do anything but again... believe me... it's not such a bad loss. Serra played like a top 20.

We have to keep being positive for Richard. He is still very young... I am sure the confidence will be back.

And let's hope the best for the clay season.
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #696
country flag zimzim

zimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the report Julie..it looks like the Miami fever caught up with Richard, with so many seeds falling off both on the men and women's sides. Maybe Richard wasn't destined to go further
zimzim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #697
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
Hi there
I am just back from Miami and of course I am really disappointed by what happened with Richard's loss.
I just want to say that the loss against Serra can be really disappointing but it was not that bad.
Florent played incredible tennis and I don't want to find excuses to Richard but honestly Florent won this match and it's not Richard who lost it.
Richard started the match very slowly and didn't move well so he got broken at the very beginning. Florent was playing very fast and hitting great winners down the lines. Then Richard managed to break back and started to play better (with beautiful winners as usual) Then the tie-break was very tight Richard broke a string at 5all and Serra won the first set. Then the play was suspended because of the darkness and the match restarted on court 1 about one hour later. Again, Richard was not moving well at the beginning and got broken early. Then he tried to break back but Serra was serving incredibly well. (it was so frustrating...).

Richard was very irritated and couldn't do anything but again... believe me... it's not such a bad loss. Serra played like a top 20.

We have to keep being positive for Richard. He is still very young... I am sure the confidence will be back.

Did you have a good time in Miami? I'm glad you got to see Richie! Did you get to see Paulo as well?
Thanks for the report, it's good to hear that it wasn't all Richard's fault! And I didn't know he broke his string at 5-5, that is so unfortunate! Richie seems to be excited about the clay season though so let's just hope he gets his confidence back soon!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #698
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Julie,
Old 03-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #699
country flag Vialator

Vialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond repute

Great report Julie, thanks

The Davis Cup selection :
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=1569

- Richard Gasquet
- Sébastien Grosjean
- Arnaud Clément
- Michaël Llodra

No really surprise, even if I know someone who is not really deserving it...
And the fifth player hasn't been called yet, maybe Paulo
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Vialator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #700
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vialator
Great report Julie, thanks

The Davis Cup selection :
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=1569

- Richard Gasquet
- Sébastien Grosjean
- Arnaud Clément
- Michaël Llodra

No really surprise, even if I know someone who is not really deserving it...
And the fifth player hasn't been called yet, maybe Paulo
Gaël! Gaël! Gaël!

I have a feeling Richard will shine again in DC. But i hope i won't jinx him and i hope ha won't end up being only a 'DC player' as well...

Let's be positive.

Last edited by delsa : 03-27-2006 at 09:44 PM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #701
country flag Vialator

Vialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond repute

In a paddle tennis match no problem...
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Vialator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #702
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vialator
In a paddle tennis match no problem...
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:56 AM   #703
country flag Sweet4Richard

Sweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Julie for the report Its nice to hear someone commentating on how it was played.

Congrats Richard on making the DC team and Allez France

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Richard "the Federer of Nottingham" Gasquet

Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Sweet4Richard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #704
country flag SwissMister1

SwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
Hi there

thanks julie! that does sounds like a frustrating match to watch, but with some good signs

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

PAW #1 5/22/06
Predict-the-SCORE US Open Champion
SwissMister1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #705
country flag Puschkin

Does anyone know something about the DC-draw?