Australian Open 2006 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-11-2005, 09:05 PM   #16
country flag skippy

skippy has a reputation beyond reputeskippy has a reputation beyond reputeskippy has a reputation beyond reputeskippy has a reputation beyond reputeskippy has a reputation beyond reputeskippy has a reputation beyond reputeskippy has a reputation beyond reputeskippy has a reputation beyond reputeskippy has a reputation beyond reputeskippy has a reputation beyond reputeskippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open 2006

I think he has every chance of winning the tournament. He has been close in the past and with his new found confidence he could easily be a contender. I will get to see the tournament too which will be nice. I haven't been there for a couple of years but this January I am going home to Australia to do some bar exams in Melbourne and they just happen to coincide with the Open. I already got some mates to get the tickets so it should be a lot of fun.
skippy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2005, 11:00 PM   #17
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy
I think he has every chance of winning the tournament. He has been close in the past and with his new found confidence he could easily be a contender. I will get to see the tournament too which will be nice. I haven't been there for a couple of years but this January I am going home to Australia to do some bar exams in Melbourne and they just happen to coincide with the Open. I already got some mates to get the tickets so it should be a lot of fun.
Lucky you.
Enjoy the Open and prepare yourself for a rollercoaster ride when you cheer for Nalbo. His matches usually have many twists and turns.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #18
country flag Jill

Jill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner88
Lucky you.
Enjoy the Open and prepare yourself for a rollercoaster ride when you cheer for Nalbo. His matches usually have many twists and turns.

I second. I hope this year we are on the end of the better results.

Nalby 2006 Australian Open champion. I like the sound of that.

A bit premature I know. I'll be in Thailand during the open so I hope when I get back the celebrations are still happening. He he he.
Jill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:54 AM   #19
country flag rachelzszs

rachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill
I second. I hope this year we are on the end of the better results.

Nalby 2006 Australian Open champion. I like the sound of that.

A bit premature I know. I'll be in Thailand during the open so I hope when I get back the celebrations are still happening. He he he.

For sure!
We are all looking forward to the celebrations!
Anyhow, just be optimistic!
Marat Safin, Richard Gasquet

You all simply the best!
Bryans Roger Gaston Pim Mardy Lopez Rafa
rachelzszs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #20
country flag Caralimon

Caralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond repute

Davydenko just lost to Volandri, and that means David will be the 5th seed for the Australian.
Caralimon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #21
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caralimon
Davydenko just lost to Volandri, and that means David will be the 5th seed for the Australian.
Didin't expect Davydenko to lose that one.
I just hope Nalbo isn't in Federer's quarter of the draw. I don't want a repeat of 2004 where they were the two form players at that time, and met too early in my opinion.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #22
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Seeded fifth if Nadal plays, right?
I hope Rafa plays, it's more interesting that way
And a higher seeding for David means a later encounter with Roger
Though, I've seeing Roger's matches and he's not playing that well...But I'm sure he'll be more than fine for the Open
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #23
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Didin't expect Davydenko to lose that one.
I just hope Nalbo isn't in Federer's quarter of the draw. I don't want a repeat of 2004 where they were the two form players at that time, and met too early in my opinion.
This is great for David, but the earliest David would meet Roger would be in the semis (if they end up on the same side of the draw). He has a chance of being on the same side of the draw as either Nadal or Roddick.

And..Hewitt lost today too, so I don't know how the draw will shape up. Let us cross our fingers.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #24
country flag gooner88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
This is great for David, but the earliest David would meet Roger would be in the semis (if they end up on the same side of the draw). He has a chance of being on the same side of the draw as either Nadal or Roddick.

And..Hewitt lost today too, so I don't know how the draw will shape up. Let us cross our fingers.
Really I didin't know that. If he has no chance of meeting Fed until the semis I'm fine with that.
I watched Fed today and he's playing at 60-70% at the moment. But I'm sure he'll raise his game and he's still the man to beat.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #25
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really I didin't know that. If he has no chance of meeting Fed until the semis I'm fine with that.
I watched Fed today and he's playing at 60-70% at the moment. But I'm sure he'll raise his game and he's still the man to beat.
Of course. And it will come down to, of course, who they have to play in the earlier rounds. If David has the same spectacular run he had in 2004, then we will hope for great things from him.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #26
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
Seeded fifth if Nadal plays, right?
I hope Rafa plays, it's more interesting that way
And a higher seeding for David means a later encounter with Roger
Though, I've seeing Roger's matches and he's not playing that well...But I'm sure he'll be more than fine for the Open
yes me too and I also hope Safin will play and for Rgoger to be at his best...and then for David to beat them (may be too optimistic but I just hate it when some people say David beat "unfit" Roger at the masters, so I hope he beats any of the top players when every body know they're at their best)
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #27
country flag gooner88

Quote:
Of course. And it will come down to, of course, who they have to play in the earlier rounds. If David has the same spectacular run he had in 2004, then we will hope for great things from him.
Absolutely. I don't want to get too overconfident when it comes to Nalbo. There are alot of quality players in the tournament. I just don't want him to face Fed in the QF if they both get that far.
I'm just excited as to how he'll perform in this GS, especially after what happened in Shanghai.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #28
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

We will have to wait until January 13th...then the seedings and draw are finalised....
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #29
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_nanine
yes me too and I also hope Safin will play and for Rgoger to be at his best...and then for David to beat them (may be too optimistic but I just hate it when some people say David beat "unfit" Roger at the masters, so I hope he beats any of the top players when every body know they're at their best)
Just a word about "unfit": anyone who walks onto a tennis court is fit to play-injury or no injury. My feeling is this: injury has been David's first, middle, and last name for longer than we all care to remember, and it was high time for his luck to change.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #30
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just a word about "unfit": anyone who walks onto a tennis court is fit to play-injury or no injury. My feeling is this: injury has been David's first, middle, and last name for longer than we all care to remember, and it was high time for his luck to change.
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote