Thomas is gone...who will be his next coach? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #1
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thomas is gone...who will be his next coach?

Yes,he just put it on his website,it is over.Thomas and Nicolas have decided to part ways.For now,Kiwi will be alone.But really,the guy needs a coach! It is NOT pretty without a coach,i saw that this year! It is not about the practices but about the mental part that a coach is needed in his case! lol.I don,t know who will be his next coach but I am hoping not Gilbert anyway,it wouldn't work.We all knew that this separation was coming.Thomas just wanted to stay with his family.He had brought the family in miami but that can,t work all the time.good luck finding a coach.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thomas is gone...who will be his next coach?

He has been posting a lot on his website. He must be bored. I have been on tennis holiday break and hardly kept up with any tennis news.

Gilbert hates Nicolas and always makes fun of him when he commentates him on tv. Gilbert wants a big time player, not a counter a puncher like Nicolas. I see Nicolas with Becker (just kidding- ) Actually, I do see him with some German.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 09:12 PM   #3
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek
He has been posting a lot on his website. He must be bored. I have been on tennis holiday break and hardly kept up with any tennis news.

Gilbert hates Nicolas and always makes fun of him when he commentates him on tv. Gilbert wants a big time player, not a counter a puncher like Nicolas. I see Nicolas with Becker (just kidding- ) Actually, I do see him with some German.
Becker,no way,that couldn't work.but you know tarik,roddick'ex coach is a good choice.i got to know him like 5 years ago.he was like andy's puppy but still an excellent coach.i think that he is training a french guy now.gilbert,never,not after his mr t comments.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

i personally enjoyed the mr t comments that was the only time in my life i laughed at anything gilbert's ever said lolll. oh well. its sad to see thomas go for sure, but hopefully this will be for the better

does anyone have translations of all these entries he's been writing? i've been seriously slacking in the tennis world for a number of weeks now due to concerts / boys / bands i just pretty much skim this forum once a day for kiwi news...
Old 11-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #5
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

I was away for two days and when I yesterday saw the message on his homepage it came really very very unexpected. I didn't think of that or that they would break up. He wrote on his homepage that Thomas' family has suffered a lot when he was all the time away from at home. At the same time Kiwi admits that he has the feeling that -in order to do the final step to the top- he needs somebody else to advance, and that Thomas also needs somebody new.

It's really very very sad that Kiwi could no title during that engagement, but I would like to thank Thomas for everything that he did for Kiwi and he was very important to stop Kiwi's downwards-spiral and slump. I don't think Kiwi could have done it with ANYBODY.
Thanks, Thomas Hogstedt!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:59 PM   #6
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

hmph, it was announced today that Thomas Hogstedt will now be coaching Tommy Haas. So much for wanting to spend more time with his family
http://www.sportbild.de/de/nncs/tenn...796900002.html

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #7
country flag kiwiteami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowgirl
hmph, it was announced today that Thomas Hogstedt will now be coaching Tommy Haas. So much for wanting to spend more time with his family
http://www.sportbild.de/de/nncs/tenn...796900002.html
I know,i was just informed that and now,i am more confused than ever.thomas didn't want to stay with nicolas cause of his family and now he is training tommy.unless it is not a permanent situation with tommy and that red will still coach him.but tommy lives most of the time in the usa so that confuses me even more.and if thomas wanted to find a player who's not a mentalcase..not a good choice.still nicolas's choice is not any better,sasha has a family too..so what is the deal here? I am thinking money.lol
Old 12-13-2005, 10:47 PM   #8
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-13-2005, 11:01 PM   #9
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Nicolas should get Red as his coach...
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:45 PM   #10
country flag kiwiteami

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek
Maybe Nicolas should get Red as his coach...
Well for now it is Sasha.I am still confused.Sasha is not like Thomas at all.Nicolas likes to go out with his coach especially to go eat somewhere.Sasha didn't do that and Nicolas was alone.god i am confused.lol.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:20 AM   #11
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Hogstedt made the offer already three weeks before Haas agreed. So it means that Hogstedt was already looking for a new job in the middle of November. I think we can forget this "he wants to spend more time with his family"-thing. Probably Högstedt wants to be coach of a top player and he thinks that Haas is better than Kiefer.

Last edited by JMG : 12-15-2005 at 10:24 AM.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #12
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

lol, now that's really an unexpected change
we now that the thing that Hogstedt needs more time with his family is crap and either Kiwi was not honest to us in his statements or Thomas did not play with open cards as they ended their relationship, but maybe everything turns out well and Hogstedt is helping Tommy and Nensel is good for Kiwi

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:32 PM   #13
country flag zethand

zethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond repute

Kiefer should consult us about this important issue... we are wiser
Old 12-22-2005, 02:39 PM   #14
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Högstedt is Emma Laine's coach next year. Now he has two players! He will go to "some" tournaments with her at least.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote