Solidarity Challenge - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-25-2005, 10:09 AM   #1
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Solidarity Challenge

This sunday, David will be in Unquillo with his friend Marcos Ligato and Diego Maradona, to gather money and food for the kids in Cordoba, here's what he'll be doing and some interesting quotes:
It will start at 10:30 am with a moto exhibition, 90 minutes later, David and Ligato will get on to the Mitsubishi Evo VI y VII to start the first challenge of the day, and people will be able to see this bringing food for the kids. Then, the sportsmen will have lunch with the buisinessmen who bought tickets for $2500 just to see them.
At 6pm, there will be a tennis match, with some live music and other entertainment, and there will also be some fireworks at the end. But before that, David will be playing some football-tennis with Maradona.
Here are some quotes from David and Marcos:
David:
“Va a haber muchísima gente. Esperamos convocar la mayor cantidad para poder recaudar lo más que se pueda”.
"There will be a lot of people. We hope we can gather as much people as needed to be able to gather a lot of money and food"

Marcos:
“El viernes, las tarjetas eran caras, pero después de lo de David en Shangai son baratas. Creo que vamos a vender las 100”
"On friday, the 2500 tickets were expensive, but after what David did in Shanghai, they're cheap. I think we'll be selling 100"

“Con el triunfo de David, vendrá más gente de lo que esperábamos. Nos preocupó cuando empezó a correr el rumor de que podía venir Diego. Ahora lo de David superó a lo de Diego también. Esperemos que salga bien y lleguemos al objetivo”.
"With David's triumph more people will come, more than we were expecting. We were worried when the rumor about Diego coming started. But now David has surpass Diego too. We hope all this can be done in the right way and we can achieve our goal"
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2005, 10:27 AM   #2
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Solidarity Challenge

This sounds great. Go guys!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
country flag Kyla

Kyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond reputeKyla has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good I like the fact that now probably more people will want to see David than Maradona
Kyla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

That's so weird!
In fact, I've been out all morning doing some shopping, and I was shocked to see many stores with David's Shanghai posters in the wall That usually happens with soccer stars, but not tennis players It was very nice to see
Old 11-25-2005, 04:16 PM   #5
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see!!
Old 11-25-2005, 06:09 PM   #6
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
That's so weird!
In fact, I've been out all morning doing some shopping, and I was shocked to see many stores with David's Shanghai posters in the wall That usually happens with soccer stars, but not tennis players It was very nice to see
that's so nice, I'm soo happy for him. I've also downloaded the clips of him in Argentina (they're in spanish and I couldn't understand a word...well maybe uderstood a few words ) and it was very nice to see how people welcomed him, it's like people didn't go to work this day, made a festival and stayed in the streets to see him and congratulate him ...and that part when he threw tennis balls to the kids and hugged them was just sooo lovely
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #7
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_nanine
that's so nice, I'm soo happy for him. I've also downloaded the clips of him in Argentina (they're in spanish and I couldn't understand a word...well maybe uderstood a few words ) and it was very nice to see how people welcomed him, it's like people didn't go to work this day, made a festival and stayed in the streets to see him and congratulate him ...and that part when he threw tennis balls to the kids and hugged them was just sooo lovely
Really nice, wasn't it?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #8
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
Really nice, wasn't it?
absolutamente
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:44 PM   #9
country flag Silawen

Silawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great. And the David posters too. We have no tennisposters whatsoever here, perhaps a Kournikova one, but she can hardly be classified as a tennisplayer.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:10 AM   #10
country flag jazz_girl

I just saw David in ESPN driving a rally car in Cordoba for the benefit. He seemed really happy about it and there was a lot of people there. I haven't found any pics yet, but I'm sure we'll find many tomorrow.
http://www.lavozdelinterior.net/200...ota374659_1.htm
The tennis player David Nalbandian and the rally pilot Marcos Ligato made today the "Solidarity Challenge", to benefit the Unquillo and Río Ceballos cities's institutions.

The encounter had Diego Maradona's presence, who played tennis along with David, against Ligato and the golfist Angel Cabrera.

First, Nalbandian and Ligato faced each other. He had the advantage of 40-0 in each game, however he couldn't beat the newly Masters Cup champion.

Although the result doesn't matter, in the middle of the party that was lived in Río Ceballos.

Then the Maradona-Nalbandian duet, measured against Ligato-Cabrera.

Diego thanked the invitation recieved to play the "solidarty challenge"

The econunter were made in the sports center Jorge Newbery of Río ceballos, where 4000 people also enjoyed a musical show.

For the tennis, the tivkets were in exchange of food and $10 per person.

And for the end, Diego, David, Marcos and other guests played a football-tennis match.

This midday, Nalbandian and Ligato, great friends in life, were "rivals" in three super speciañ rally tests in a way in Unquillo were 1700 attend.

Ligato gave Nalbandian 8 seconds of advantage, who imposed in the first rally and lost in the last two.

Other people who participated from the event were: the golfist hector Romero, the ex-basketball player Marcelo Milanesio, the football referee Hector Baldasi and the football players Hernana Biasotto and Leonel Gancedo.

The day started with a moto exhibition at 10:30 am and after the first challenge, the sportsmen had lunch with busniessmen who had paid 2500 a ticket.

The idea of the "solidarity challenge" had its start in its first edition in December of 2003. It¿s about a sports encounter with benefit goals, destined to help institutions from Unquillo and Río Ceballos, among them are Father Agulera's one, the sports centers of Rio Ceballos and Unquillo, a dining and firemen departments.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:15 AM   #11
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

This is great!!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:48 AM   #12
country flag Silawen

Silawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond reputeSilawen has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like he's enjoying himself, good, he deserves it.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:46 AM   #13
country flag rachelzszs

rachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond repute

He deserve whatever he's got & he's going to get!
Marat Safin, Richard Gasquet

You all simply the best!
Bryans Roger Gaston Pim Mardy Lopez Rafa
rachelzszs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:30 AM   #14
country flag jazz_girl

Check it out:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00.jpg (32.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 11-28-2005, 08:22 AM   #15
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silawen
Looks like he's enjoying himself, good, he deserves it.

Nice picture, gracias Jime.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote