More News - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-21-2009, 03:30 AM   #211
country flag karenpoon

karenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More News

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryfoolisNJ View Post
That photo from the upcoming autobio is intriguing. We need a book thread.

I've been reading everything that I can about the book, and read that People and SI will have exclusive excerpts, as well as 60 Minutes having the first interview with Andre. That's gotta be happening soon with its release only about six weeks away.

Also, if Dre does a book signing tour please post the info. I'll definitely go if he comes to LA.
There is a book signing but it's at Costco Summerlin in Las Vegas
karenpoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #212
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryfoolisNJ View Post
That photo from the upcoming autobio is intriguing. We need a book thread.

I've been reading everything that I can about the book, and read that People and SI will have exclusive excerpts, as well as 60 Minutes having the first interview with Andre. That's gotta be happening soon with its release only about six weeks away.

Also, if Dre does a book signing tour please post the info. I'll definitely go if he comes to LA.
Why don't you go ahead and open the thread then, I don't think I'll be able to read the book till I finish my studies, so I'll appreciate reading the posts in that thread.
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #213
country flag yoguis

yoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond repute

Some new pics- Grand Slam for Children
yoguis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #214
country flag yoguis

yoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs/...-fundraisers-/
yoguis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #215
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, yoguis!

Here's two more:
Jessyka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #216
country flag kati830728

kati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond repute

My happiest memory from the six hours of festivities was watching at the midnight hour as Andre was hugged by wife, tennis champion Steffi Graf, as they danced, kissed and sang along to Lionel Richie’s hits as he closed the night on the amazing all-star stage lineup!

copied from the lasvegassun
kati830728 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #217
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond repute

Extract from Las Vegas Review Journal:

On Saturday, looking very in-shape, she wore a floor-length, shoulder-bearing, silk evening dress (as a woman described it).

To me, the outfit looked elegantly animalistic, black-and-white. Agassi picked it out.

"It's his taste," she told me with a smile.

What?

"I can't help myself," he said, eyeing her.

"I gravitated to it. There's something primal going on."
Old 09-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #218
country flag OrdinaryfoolisNJ

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyka View Post
Extract from Las Vegas Review Journal:

On Saturday, looking very in-shape, she wore a floor-length, shoulder-bearing, silk evening dress (as a woman described it).

To me, the outfit looked elegantly animalistic, black-and-white. Agassi picked it out.

"It's his taste," she told me with a smile.

What?

"I can't help myself," he said, eyeing her.

"I gravitated to it. There's something primal going on."
Steffi brings out the "caveman" in him! !!!! The dress is stunning. I had a feeling when I first saw it that Andre had input in choosing it. They've said in the past that Steffi and Andre both like to have input in each others cloths.

Nice to read that they're still hugging and kissing after 10 years -- and next month -- 8 years of marriage!! It's a beautiful thing.

I will start a book thread. I LOVE that Andre is doing a book signing at Costco -- a place where his fans can buy the book for less!! I just love this guy.
OrdinaryfoolisNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #219
country flag Jessyka

Agassi and Graf follow lead of other tennis greats by playing in Casals' Harbor Point event

CAN YOU TOP THIS? Rosie Casals asks herself that question whenever she begins to flip through her Rolodex looking for retired pros to play in her Esurance Tennis Classic fundraiser event entering its fifth year at Strawberry's Harbor Point Tennis and Swim Club.

Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert, Lindsay Davenport and Martina Hingis have all headlined Casals' tennis weekend with the stars at Harbor Point's picturesque courts by the bay. But it took the tennis power couple of Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi to push the event over the top. The duo's one-day-only appearance this weekend has helped make Sunday a sellout - the first time the annual two-day event has ever had to turn tennis fans away.

"It's not easy, you have to work with everyone's schedule," said Casals, a member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame who lives near the Harbor Point courts. "Once we explain that this is all for the charities, it's a lot easier to get these very busy players to come out here."

Agassi and Graf, who combined to win 30 Grand Slam event titles, fell in love with Marin a long time ago. They once filmed a television commercial with their son Jaden and pro player Taylor Dent in the area. They owned a multi-million dollar home in Tiburon until selling it several years ago when their busy post-tennis life made it obvious that they needed to be based in Agassi's hometown of Las Vegas. Their daughter's birthday party is this Saturday, but the couple agreed to fly to Marin on Sunday to play a little tennis and help the cause.

"I am looking forward to seeing the event Rosie has given so much of her life to," said Agassi, who was attracted by the cancer-fighting organizations benefited by the event. Both his mother and sister are cancer survivors. "We are all touched by cancer in one way or another. Events like these are so important to the cause."

Michael Chang also joins the fun this year. Chang, who won the French Open and is a hall-of-fame member, is scheduled to play Saturday and Sunday with his wife Amber Liu - a former pro herself who was a standout player at Stanford. Other retired big names from the pros include Brad Gilbert, Rick Leach, Conchita Martinez, Tracy Austin, Corina Morariu, Luke Jensen and Murphy Jensen.

Gilbert, a San Rafael resident, had a solid pro career before coaching Agassi when he reached No. 1 in the world. The Marin maestro also coached Andy Roddick to a U.S. Open title and worked with Andy Murray.

On Friday, kids from all over the Bay Area get lessons from club pros during the Youth Tennis Advantage junior clinic. "We are excited about that too," Casals said. "It's a new training program that is very successful."

With the same energy she delivered during her dominant days as a doubles partner on the court, Casals brings all these pros together with a smile and wave. It's a magic touch not too many of her peers can match.

"I think that now, after five years, we have established what this event is all about. We have reached our horizon," she said.

Like all the other pros, Agassi and Graf were ready to say yes.

"I've known Rosie since I first came on the (pro tennis) tour," Agassi said. "She's always been such a sweet person - very warm and engaging. I love her spirit. This is something we have wanted to do for a long time."

source: marinij.com
Old 09-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #220
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

thanx 4 pix & news
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #221
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.agassiopen.com/

Andre Agassi's autobiography, "Open"

Due out in November 2009.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #222
country flag Stephan

Andre Agassi & Steffi Graf Make Special Bay Area Appearance at

2009 Esurance Tennis Classic

October 2-4, 2009

Annual fundraiser hosts world-class legend pros and Cal Berkeley & Stanford Women's tennis teams

MILL VALLEY, CA (June 16, 2009) - Grand Slam winners Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf will headline the 2009 Esurance Tennis Classic that features some of the world’s top male and female legends who will compete on October 2-4, 2009. The annual fundraiser which takes place at the Harbor Point Tennis Club ( 475 E. Strawberry Dr. , Mill Valley ) raises funds for To Celebrate Life Breast Cancer Foundation, Us Too, Prostate Cancer Education & Support and the Youth Tennis Advantage. The Esurance Tennis Classic is a favorite among tennis fans and features an exciting weekend of fast-paced tennis including celebrity pro-am doubles with the Legends and Hollywood stars; the WorldTeamTennis Shoot-Out; the Blue Shield Youth Tennis Advantage Junior Clinic and much more. Tickets are affordably priced at $25 per day for adults (18 yrs +), or a two-day adult pass for $40. Junior tickets are $10 (ages 6-18), kids under 6 are FREE. Discounted group tickets are available. All tickets may be ordered online at http://www.tennisclassic.org/buytickets.htm or through the ticket office at (415) 383-6114.

“This is our fifth year and it tops them all,” said Rosie Casals, Hall of Famer & Event Co-Producer. “It’s our best line-up ever. With Agassi & Graf coming to play in Sunday’s WorldTennisTeam Shoot-Out, it will be an incredible treat for all tennis fans in the Bay Area, and a great way to benefit some worthy causes.”

The Esurance Tennis Classic kicks-off with the Youth Tennis Advantage Junior Clinic on Friday, October 2, where kids from all over the Bay Area will participate in a tennis clinic given by the Legends. Later that evening, the Welcome Cocktail Reception will take place at Harbor Point Tennis Club. Saturday, October 3, is the Celebrity Pro-Am Doubles with the Legends and Hollywood stars. That evening the Black Tie Dinner, Auction & Awards Gala takes place at the Jewish Community Center in San Rafael . There will be a Silent & Live Auction to raise money for the charities and to cap off the evening festivities there will be “live” entertainment. The WorldTeamTennis Shoot-Out is scheduled for Sunday, October 4. All Legend Pros and the Stanford & Cal Berkeley Women’s Tennis Teams will compete in the Doubles Shoot-Out for the grand prize of the “Classic Cup”. All matches are doubles, no-add scoring with a 9 point Tie-Break at 5-all. The scoring is accumulative games won by each team. The team with the most games at the end of match play wins the trophy.

Steffi Graf is the winner of 22 Grand Slam Singles titles and one of only four women to win the prestigious Grand Slam (Australian, French, Wimbledon & U.S. Open in a calendar year), in the year 1988. Husband, Andre Agassi is a former World No.1, and winner of 8 Grand Slam Singles titles, having won a Grand Slam Singles title on all surfaces. These tennis greats along with French Open Doubles winners Luke and Murphy Jensen, Coach & ESPN TV Analyst Brad Gilbert, Wimbledon Doubles Champion Corina Morariu, and the Cal Berkeley and Stanford Women’s Tennis Teams will all be in action at this year’s Esurance Tennis Classic.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:37 PM   #223
country flag Stephan

Andre (& Elvis) is again very popular?!

http://www.msn.com/
Old 10-31-2009, 07:44 PM   #224
country flag Stephan

Surprise
Andre Agassi rules out comeback
by Lily Leung - Sept. 25, 2009 11:05 AM
The Arizona Republic .
Immediately after Tuesday's press conference at the Surprise Tennis & Racquet Complex, The Arizona Republic spoke to Andre Agassi and Jim Courier for an exclusive telephone interview.

An abbreviated transcript of the chat:

Question: A buzz word in tennis these days is "comeback." You've got Kim Clijsters winning the U.S. Open, and Justine Henin just announced she's returning to the sport. Andre, are you eyeing a comeback?

Agassi: That would be negative. No, no. I'm sure Kim has inspired a lot of people. But she can't inspire this 39-year-old who understands their weaknesses much better than their strengths.

Question: So this is the second of three years that the Cancer Treatment Centers of America Tennis Championships has been held in Surprise. Jim, where do you see this tournament going in the future?

Courier: Well, certainly the tournament was off to a terrific start. We had wonderful crowds, great tennis. And coming back this year, having Andre join the tournament, obviously for tennis fans, is something extremely special because Andre doesn't play very often. CTCA signed for three years, so there's another return next year.

Question: Andre, have you been to Surprise before?

Agassi: I have not. But I'm looking forward to it. Every time I've been to Arizona, I've loved it. I grew up in the desert. As a result, I've always felt very comfortable there.

Question: Andre, you've played at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess (now Fairmont Scottsdale) hotel when it still hosted tennis tournaments. There's been talk that the Surprise tennis facility could fill the void that the hotel left, in terms of providing professional tennis to Valley fans. Your thoughts?

Agassi: It was a great tournament. It's been a loss certainly for that community to not have that event. So to regain it somewhere (else) and allow sports fans (a chance) to get out and enjoy tennis, I think it's a great thing.

Question: And Jim, any thoughts from you?

Courier: One of the great things about this tournament is that it does provide that opportunity for fans that might miss out otherwise. They don't have to travel too far to see tennis in their own backyard.

Question: Right now, tennis has Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Andy Roddick. What are your thoughts on the current group of top players on the men's side?

Agassi: The first thing you have to do is put it into context of what we've been spoiled with over the last number of decades. . . . The standard is pretty high and the sport is growing. . . . As a result, we're not seeing quite the same level of dominance with the talent that's out there now, with Federer and Nadal. But I think Roddick has represented our sport in a great way. I think he's one of the greatest competitors, not just in tennis but also in sports. . . . It wouldn't be right to not have an American somewhere in the near future step up and really put their stamp on the game. That's what you hope.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #225
country flag Stephan

OK, last play was with Sampras...
does someone know what will be next?
plans Andre any tennis-activity in 2009/2010?
news wanted