Andrei Pavel cheering thread - Page 49 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #721
country flag cc2monac

cc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrei Pavel- he's back- cheering thread

thank you so much! to you and your firend! they are all realy great! thx for sharing!

sergei fedorov sasha cohen sheva rafa nadal

kimi raikkonen...F1 world champion 2007

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

My heart belongs to Romania
cc2monac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #722
country flag Flower_Power

Flower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond repute

I love the last one and now is on my desktop :P
I already miss him, too!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #723
country flag cc2monac

cc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond repute

soon it will be the davis cup for romania vs japan
here is the romanian team: andrei, hanescu (sure he'll do well), mergea and tecau (I didn't know him but...OMG! he is hot!)
here is the japan team: suzuki, soeda, iwabuchi, sugita...okay, honestly nobody knows them!!! but it is quite funny if you look at their picture they are almost all in tuxedo! looks more like businessman than a tennis player!
anyway best of luck to romania! but I realy think this will be easy for them

nothing to do with romania but alex-big-bear-waske will play for germany vs russia!

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

Old 09-19-2007, 06:33 PM   #724
country flag Flower_Power

Flower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond reputeFlower_Power has a reputation beyond repute

thx! i hope win romanian team and the next year play in Davis Cup again.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #725
country flag cc2monac

I think they will win! andrei is a great player and victor did realy great lately so...HAIDE ROMANIA!

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

Old 09-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #726
country flag cc2monac

here is a lil pic of andrei with the japan player
he realy have the loveliest smile in the world!

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

Old 09-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #727
country flag cc2monac

another one

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

Old 09-21-2007, 12:31 AM   #728
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for the photos! I love them, but I'll look at them properly when I get home from Canada rather than do it here in an internet centre. I'll be home next Wednesday... I will be so sad to have to return from my holiday it's all gone way too fast
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #729
country flag cc2monac

peta holyday always goes too fast...

let's go back to the davis cup now
romania vs japan 1/1
guess who won his match!!!??? dear andrei!!!
victor lost in 3 sets 6/7 1/6 6/7 and andrei def soeda in 4 sets 6/3 6/7 7/5 6/3

here is the article from the davis cup website

Experienced Pavel draws Romania level
Veteran Andrei Pavel had to draw from all his experience to beat the spirited Go Soeda on Friday and level things up at 1-1 in Romania’s Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group Play-off tie with Japan.

World No. 88 Pavel was made to sweat for his 63 67 (7) 75 63 victory at Namihaya Dome Main Arena in Osaka over the 23-year-old Soeda who is 10 years his junior but stands 142 places below the Romanian in the rankings.

Japan is hosting Romania this weekend in what is their first-ever tournament meeting. The Asian country is aiming to win their first World Group Play-off tie and advance to the World Group for the first time since 1985 against an experienced Romanian team playing their 11th play-off tie in 12 years.

Pavel makes impressive start

“I knew it would be a difficult game,” said Pavel, who hit an impressive 36 aces. “He was a fast player but I started well and was a little upset that I lost a set point in the second set tiebreak. I made up for it, though, and I think my experience counted for something today.”

The home crowd was on a high after Japan No.1 Takao Suzuki got the team off to a flyer with a 76 (4) 61 76 (4) win over Victor Hanescu earlier in the day, but the no-nonsense Pavel brought them back down to earth with a bump by cruising to the first set in just over half an hour.

It was quickly evident Soeda was going to face a tougher task against Romanian No. 1 Pavel than Suzuki did against Hanescu. The visitors knew a near-fatal 2-0 deficit was on the cards otherwise.

Soeda fights back in second set

But a Soeda-stream of quality shots got the effervescent youngster back into the game and the second set went the way of serve. Indeed, the Romanian was muttering to himself throughout the set.

Things were beginning, temporarily at least, to unravel for Pavel.

A monster forehand put Soeda 3-0 up in the second-set tiebreak, but a brilliant backhand pass gave Pavel set point at 6-5. Soeda, though, came back and on his second set point rattled an unreturnable serve down the throat of his opponent to clinch the tiebreak 9-7.

The match was on a knife-edge, with neither player able to get ahead. And the third set looked to be heading the way of the second despite a break each for the players. But then Pavel set up a second break point at 6-5 with a brilliant pass down the line and forced the winner to clinch the set 75.

Romanian takes control

Soeda had lost his spark and Pavel was now in the ascendancy. He took control of the fourth set and quickly moved to 5-3. And with ruthless efficiency the Romanian stormed to 40-0 and match point.

He thought he had won it with an ace, but it was overruled. He knew there was only winner now, though and allowed himself a rueful smile – probably the stoic Pavel’s first of the match — before ending an entertaining opening day with a dexterous reverse smash.

“I was a little impatient and Pavel’s net play and other shots overwhelmed me a little,” said Soeda. “Even so, I have no regrets with the way I played my game.”

and here are the pix

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

Old 09-21-2007, 06:43 PM   #730
country flag Iulya

Iulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond repute

Pavel

Pavel saves the day for Romania once again!!

Some more pics from BCR Open - from the first round match
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9111978.JPG (117.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P9111964.JPG (110.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P9111958.JPG (111.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg P9111980.JPG (109.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P9111932.JPG (111.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P9111983.JPG (108.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P9111907.JPG (100.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P9111877.JPG (106.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P9111876.JPG (125.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P9111869.JPG (117.0 KB, 1 views)

VAMOS CARLOS (Berlocq)

Florian Mayer,Teimuraz Gabashvili and Frank Dancevic Fan

Andrei Pavel !!!
Iulya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #731
country flag Iulya

Iulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond repute

More photos ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9111858.JPG (118.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P9111863.JPG (109.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P9111860.JPG (110.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P9111827.JPG (122.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P9111826.JPG (105.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P9111821.JPG (117.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P9111810.JPG (114.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P9111832.JPG (116.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P9111808.JPG (118.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P9111792.JPG (112.3 KB, 2 views)

VAMOS CARLOS (Berlocq)

Florian Mayer,Teimuraz Gabashvili and Frank Dancevic Fan

Andrei Pavel !!!
Iulya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #732
country flag cc2monac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iulya View Post
Pavel
this picture is so funny! I recognize well andrei here! it's all him!
btw romania lost the doubles...I hope that andrei will put a GREAT fight tomorrow and save romania again!

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

Old 09-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #733
country flag cc2monac

Romania the comeback kings
Victor Hanescu secured a 3-2 victory for Romania over Japan in their Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group Play-off tie when he beat Go Soeda 63 57 76(6) 76(3) on Sunday.

The Romanians showed their mettle to claw their way back from 1-0 and 2-1 down to secure a place in the 2008 World Group in what was their 11th play-off tie in 12 years and the first-ever tournament meeting between the two countries.

The Japanese were left begging once more in their quest to appear in the World Group for the first time since 1985.

In the first singles match on Sunday, Andrei Pavel battled back from 2-0 down to beat Takao Suzuki in five sets at Namihaya Dome Main Arena to put the tie at 2-2 and keep alive Romania’s hopes of victory.

That meant it all came down to the final singles match: Japan’s baby-faced 23-year-old Soeda up against the 6-foot-6-inch (198 cm) Hanescu.

The Japanese crowd had had the wind taken out of their sails somewhat after the Suzuki collapse, and with Hanescu the more fancied of the two players Soeda had to work hard to get the crowd focused again.

Unfortunately for Soeda, he let go of the first set far too easily and Hanescu wrapped it up in half an hour.

It was so quiet in the arena, you half expected tumbleweed to roll across the court.

The fans were already thinking it was all over, but Soeda had other ideas. He began to wield his influence in the second set and then found daylight at 6-5 with a set point. He produced a rasping forehand pass that gave Hanescu no chance and the Japanese suddenly had a lifeline.

The crowd responded in kind.

The third set was desperately close. Hanescu had five break point chances but couldn’t convert any and so it came down to a tiebreak. Soeda saw a set point go begging at 6-5 before Hanescu came back and won the set on a serve that was too strong for his opponent.

Indeed, Hanescu’s serve was a big difference from the start. He hit 22 aces to Soeda’s eight. No matter how well Soeda played he couldn’t make any inroads into Hanescu’s service games.

The fourth set bore this out. And in the ninth game, Hanescu pushed Soeda to the brink, earning a match point on the Japanese’s serve. Soeda, though, wasn’t ready to give up yet, winning the point with a smash before bagging the game with an ace.

He did the same again at 6-5 Hanescu, cracking an ace to seal the game. Once again, it was down to the tiebreak.

Hanescu cranked up the power, his returns carrying that extra sting in their tail. He raced to a 6-3 lead and this time converted his match point, a brilliant backhand pass that Soeda couldn’t get near.

Romania, the comeback kings this weekend, had done it.

YES!!!!! ROMANIA WON!!!! my andrei is a true king realy!!!! hopefully he was here one more time!!! congrats andrei! and congrats to victor too!
I'm happy as if i was romanian myself!

here are some pix
isn't he the sweetest guy in the world?!

(this one was taken after his first match)

here are the score

andrei pavel def suzuki 6/7 6/7 6/1 6/4 6/4
hanescu def soeda 6/3 5/7 7/6 7/6

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

Old 09-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #734
country flag cc2monac

forgot this picture of the king with his coach! we can see how happy he was! I love him for that too! he is so proud of his country!

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

Old 09-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #735
country flag lost_alina

lost_alina has a reputation beyond reputelost_alina has a reputation beyond reputelost_alina has a reputation beyond reputelost_alina has a reputation beyond reputelost_alina has a reputation beyond reputelost_alina has a reputation beyond reputelost_alina has a reputation beyond reputelost_alina has a reputation beyond reputelost_alina has a reputation beyond reputelost_alina has a reputation beyond reputelost_alina has a reputation beyond repute

Andrei rulz
I'm so glad he could bet suzuki after he lost the first 2 sets