Nalbandian First and Single "Argentine" Winner of Masters Cup!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-19-2005, 07:29 PM   #1
country flag Gigan

Gigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nalbandian First and Single "Argentine" Winner of Masters Cup!!!

Nalbandian First Argentine Finalist in 31 Years
(may be because he is not an original Argentine? )
David is the second player, whom i support.
Go David! Do it win Masters Cup 2005!

Nalbandian reaches his first finale final.

David Nalbandian (audio) posted a 6-0, 7-5 defeat of Nikolay Davydenko Saturday to move into the Tennis Masters Cup 2005 final Sunday against Roger Federer.

Argentine Nalbandian is a rare species in tennis - one of the few players with a winning record (5-4) against the hottest hand in the game.

With Federer crushing Nalbandian's compatriot Gaston Gaudio 6-0, 6-0 in the semis, the Swiss is well-set for a run at his third consecutive Tennis Masters Cup trophy.

Nalbandian gave him trouble in a Red group match at the start of the week at the new Qi Zhong tennis center and will be hoping to buck the odds against the winner of 11 titles this season.

Nalbandian started out a tear against Davydenko, the fifth seed. The No. 8 Argentine produced a love opening set which took just 25 minutes.

Davydenko committed 13 errors to all but give it away.

But Russian resistance stiffened in the second, with that set going on serve until Davydenko grabbed a 4-2 lead. But a Nalbandian fight back with two more breaks secured success.

The Argentine served out the victory in just under 90 minutes, striking 21 winners and limiting his errors to a mere 13.

Davydenko got one look at a break point against the eight seed, converting it in the second set. But 29 unforced errors was a major weight on his game.

Nalbandian broke on five of ten chances; he becomes the first Argentine to reach the final for 31 years, since Guillermo Vilas won the Masters title in 1974.

Last edited by Gigan : 11-20-2005 at 03:27 PM.
Gigan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2005, 07:33 PM   #2
country flag Gigan

Gigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalbandian First "Argentine" Finalist in 31 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigan
1st Federer, R. 1345
2nd Nadal, R. 953
3rd Roddick, A. 617
4th Hewitt, L. 498
5th Davydenko, N. 478
6th Agassi, A. 455
7th Coria, G. 438
8th Ljubicic, I. 436
9th Nalbandian, D. 424
10th Gaudio, G. 410

After Shanghai SFs
I was right guys in my predictions:
only David Nalbandian
can modify this table and move Andre one
position down;
and first time in my life
I wish that it happens:
I like David win tomorrow!

Old 11-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #3
country flag Gigan

David Nalbandian!!!!

David bet Federer in the Final:
6-7, 6-7, 6-2, 6-1, 7-6
Dream Final, guys!!!

Andre Agassi forever
Gigan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:07 PM   #4
country flag Gigan

Quote:
I was right guys in my predictions:
only David Nalbandian
can modify this table and move Andre one
position down;
and first time in my life
I wish that it happens:
I like David win tomorrow!
Sorry for the Andre's place.
But, I think Andre also glad for David's win!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 12:14 PM   #5
country flag yoguis

yoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond repute

Bravo David!
yoguis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:06 PM   #6
country flag Gigan

Sometime ago I did inform you
who will be the best player after Andre?
I was right: after Andre will be David Nalbandian!
He will continue Andre's job (i hope so)!
Yes he is a Rising Star, he beat nr 1:

Sorry for Andre that he could not play and
win this time.
Hope to see him soon in Australia in January 2006.

Old 11-20-2005, 03:11 PM   #7
country flag Gigan

Final 2005 ranking results:
1st Federer, R. 1345
2nd Nadal, R. 953
3rd Roddick, A. 617
4th Hewitt, L. 498
5th Davydenko, N. 478
6th Nalbandian, D. 474
7th Agassi, A. 455
8th Coria, G. 438
9th Ljubicic, I. 436
10th Gaudio, G. 410

my guys are always near each to other
Go 7 places higher, Andre!

Sorry for Andre that he could not play and
win this time.
Hope to see him soon in Australia in January 2006.

Old 11-20-2005, 03:31 PM   #8
country flag Gigan

Default Re: Nalbandian First and Single "Argentine" Winner of Masters Cup!!!

Quote:
Nalbandian First "Argentine" Winner of Masters Cup
(because he is not an original Argentine!!! )
David is the second player, whom i support.
Go David! Do it win Masters Cup 2005!

Nalbandian reaches his first finale final.

David Nalbandian (audio) posted a 6-0, 7-5 defeat of Nikolay Davydenko Saturday to move into the Tennis Masters Cup 2005 final Sunday against Roger Federer.

Argentine Nalbandian is a rare species in tennis - one of the few players with a winning record (5-4) against the hottest hand in the game.

With Federer crushing Nalbandian's compatriot Gaston Gaudio 6-0, 6-0 in the semis, the Swiss is well-set for a run at his third consecutive Tennis Masters Cup trophy.

Nalbandian gave him trouble in a Red group match at the start of the week at the new Qi Zhong tennis center and will be hoping to buck the odds against the winner of 11 titles this season.

Nalbandian started out a tear against Davydenko, the fifth seed. The No. 8 Argentine produced a love opening set which took just 25 minutes.

Davydenko committed 13 errors to all but give it away.

But Russian resistance stiffened in the second, with that set going on serve until Davydenko grabbed a 4-2 lead. But a Nalbandian fight back with two more breaks secured success.

The Argentine served out the victory in just under 90 minutes, striking 21 winners and limiting his errors to a mere 13.

Davydenko got one look at a break point against the eight seed, converting it in the second set. But 29 unforced errors was a major weight on his game.

Nalbandian broke on five of ten chances; he becomes the first Argentine to reach the final for 31 years, since Guillermo Vilas won the Masters title in 1974.

yeh, i should update this thread!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:38 PM   #9
country flag varar

varar has a reputation beyond reputevarar has a reputation beyond reputevarar has a reputation beyond reputevarar has a reputation beyond reputevarar has a reputation beyond reputevarar has a reputation beyond reputevarar has a reputation beyond reputevarar has a reputation beyond reputevarar has a reputation beyond reputevarar has a reputation beyond reputevarar has a reputation beyond repute

It is fantastic.

Bravo David.

David Nalbandian = Andre Agassian

Congrat to ALL
varar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 05:58 PM   #10
country flag Gigan

SINGLES FINAL REVIEW
November 20, 2005

Nalbandian Upsets Federer to Claim Crown

look on federer guys...
Nalbandian celebrates his title win.

David Nalbandian scored a stunning upset of two-time champion Roger Federer 6-7 (4-7), 6-7 (11-13), 6-2, 6-1, 7-6 (7-3) to end the Swiss player's two-year reign as champion at the Tennis Masters Cup Sunday.

Nalbandian claimed the biggest win of his career in a tiebreaker after four hours, 33 minutes. Federer had won his last 24 finals and 35 straight matches.

He had been seeking a third straight trophy at the year-end event, playing his first tournament since an ankle injury six weeks ago.

Nalbandian, who won a Mercedes CLK convertible and $1.4 million, praised Federer, his longtime rival from junior days. The Argentine will stand sixth in the final ATP rankings for 2005.

Final Ranking for 2005
1st Federer,*R. 1345
2nd Nadal,*R. 953
3rd Roddick,*A. 617
4th Hewitt,*L. 498
5th Davydenko,*N. 478
6th Nalbandian,*D. 474
7th Agassi,*A. 455
8th Coria,*G. 438
9th Ljubicic,*I. 436
10th Gaudio,*G. 410

Old 11-20-2005, 07:09 PM   #11
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos.

Dominika Cibulková
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 07:54 PM   #12
country flag Gigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jole
Vamos.
Hi Jole!
I do not see Andre anymore in your support list...???

Old 11-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #13
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi Jole!
I do not see Andre anymore in your support list...???

Andreev - Cilic - Dolgopolov - De Bakker - Djokovic - Gulbis - Haase - Hrbaty - J Johansson - Kucera - Kuznetsov - Russell - Simon - Sweeting - Thron

Dominika Cibulková
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #14
country flag Gigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jole
Agassian is forever in my heart. He is too good for support lists on the internet.
anyway, better to bring him back...
he will like it

Old 11-20-2005, 10:06 PM   #15
country flag Gigan

i wonder, did Andre watch that final?
I think yes!

Andre could learn a lot from David's play
how to beat federer in 2006!
Common Andre, we are waiting for you
winning in Australia 2006, and everywere else
in 2006!...