The Official X-man cheering thread - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-21-2005, 08:09 PM   #166
country flag redballoon

redballoon has a reputation beyond reputeredballoon has a reputation beyond reputeredballoon has a reputation beyond reputeredballoon has a reputation beyond reputeredballoon has a reputation beyond reputeredballoon has a reputation beyond reputeredballoon has a reputation beyond reputeredballoon has a reputation beyond reputeredballoon has a reputation beyond reputeredballoon has a reputation beyond reputeredballoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official X-man cheering thread

Well, he couldn't hold serve. That was the problem.

Three times he was a break up in the second set, with a couple of chances for a double break. I suppose Malisse just played one of the worst matches of his life, cause it doesn't seem like he's injured - he's on court now for a doubles match.
redballoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2005, 05:24 AM   #167
country flag JuanRodriguez

JuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!!! Xavier defeated defending champion Tommy Haas in LA

After losing the first set with 6-1, Malisse managed to win the 2nd with 6-3 and the last one with 6-4... Talkin' about mental strength
JuanRodriguez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:12 AM   #168
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Xavier played SO WELL Tonight, oh I was so happy for him. the 6-1 first set is deceptive, I feel like it was much closer than that. He cut down on his errors and started serving and returning much better in the second set and carried that over and really fought hard and stayed mentally strong - esp. since the crowd was for Tommy.

GREAT Win for Xavier!!!!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:38 AM   #169

JuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJuanRodriguez has a reputation beyond repute

reaction from Xavier after the match (translated):

'Today my serve was going pretty well. (Malisse hit 18 aces). It was a good match, but it wasn't the best of this season. This win really is a relief. I've already played many great matches, but in the end I lost them, like the ones against Hewitt at Queens or against Nadal at Roland Garros. But today I played very agressive during the last two sets.'
Old 07-28-2005, 09:51 AM   #170

and some more... it looks like Haas was also pretty impressed by Xavier

Malisse: "I've changed my motion a little bit and have been working on it with (Coach) Kelly (Jones) for awhile, and it seems to be working. It's got a good rhythm and I feel good. It doesn't always go that way, but when it does, I'll definitely take it."

"First set I couldn't do too much, he was too good. He wasn't missing anything. All the tough ones I was making back but the easy shots I was missing. Second set, I just tried to hang in there. I won that one game at 2-1 to break and it kind of gave me confidence. I started serving better, started playing better, my backhand was better, and I was feeling good. I think I started to play more aggressive in the last two sets."

Haas: "I felt physically pretty good actually, to be honest. I played a really good set of flawless tennis on my side. Second set I played one weak game, made a few easy mistakes, and got the break. That always helps and motivates the opponent a little bit. I had one break chance and didn't make him play to try and get back on level terms. Third set came around and he played a really solid game to go up 3-2 in the third. I had another chance to break him and didn't make him play again. When you're playing top level and you don't make you opponent play, you don't really have a chance to win, and therefor don't really deserve it either."

"He served really good I thought. I don't think I've ever seen him serve that consistantly well, plus with placement. I've got to give up for him serving, that really probably won the match for him."
Old 07-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #171
country flag Xmanfan

Xmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond repute

So good to see it coming together. You know he is TOP class. He just needs more belief. A read a match report (not being able to see matches cos I'm in the UK) that he had an ice pack on his right arm straight after the match. So hope that's not too bad. Chela tomorrow - C'MON X! All the way to the title. :-)
Xmanfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:28 PM   #172
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Xavier's serve was the most impressive thing. I was just like omg since when does he serve this many aces and unreturnables!! I really hope he can keep it up!!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:31 PM   #173
country flag Xmanfan

Xmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond reputeXmanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Never thought I'd say it but...thank god for Agassi! X gets to play in Cincinatti afterall (going out in qualies to Lapentti - WHAT?!!!). Anyhow - good luck today against Moya. Andy you know at least it keeps him away from Roger in the second round. Good luck X :-)
Xmanfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:26 AM   #174
country flag Eléa

Eléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
i dreamt about Xavier this last night (nothing hot sorry ) so it reminds me i have a stupid question about him.. who is this coach? is it Kelly Jones now ? it seems yes as i could read above

Marcelo Rios - Hugo Armando (my Hugo's blog) - David Ferrer

all my support to: X-man, Lleyton, Mario, Feli, Diego H, Willy Canas, Ruben, Nico L, Igor, Peter, J-P and Robert & Rameez
to my "pti potes" Diego Junqueira , Gustavo Marcaccio & "Régis" Guzman
and Vince
Le crado Zabaleta "EveRRRybody"

Last edited by Eléa : 08-18-2005 at 10:28 AM.
Eléa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:33 AM   #175
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

here to show my support for d other Belgium, keep fighting X-man!!
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #176
Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell is going on with Xavier? It's just getting worse. He has now refused to play Davis Cup. Apparently the Rochus brothers did not want him there if Xavier was not committed (they are right). And because of this, he does not want to play doubles with Olivier.
Xavier is just getting worse character wise. He needs to see a shrink.
I've completely given up on him. It seems like his suspension has made him even worse than before.
On talent alone, he should be the highest ranked Belgian, instead the small Rochus brothers make the most of their talent.
Kuerten: tennis in the shape of a heart
Ollie Rochus: the lil'man that broke Karlovic
Hagar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:29 AM   #177
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

xman won his 1st rd comfortably in straight sets against Jan Hernych 6-2 7-5 6-2.

good luck in rd 2!
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

Old 08-31-2005, 09:32 AM   #178
country flag Eléa

Eléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar
What the hell is going on with Xavier? It's just getting worse. He has now refused to play Davis Cup.
It's not really what i read about that... are you sure Xavier refused? i read something like... Xavier had to be sure to keep on playing in 2006 for the davis cup to be in the team this time and he didn't know..? is it what you meant? (sorry i'm a bit confused with my english!)

Marcelo Rios - Hugo Armando (my Hugo's blog) - David Ferrer

all my support to: X-man, Lleyton, Mario, Feli, Diego H, Willy Canas, Ruben, Nico L, Igor, Peter, J-P and Robert & Rameez
to my "pti potes" Diego Junqueira , Gustavo Marcaccio & "Régis" Guzman
and Vince
Le crado Zabaleta "EveRRRybody"
Eléa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:57 PM   #179
country flag chewy

Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Xavier Malisse (BEL)def Brian Baker (USA) 6-7(5) 6-2 6-3 6-4

brain baker upset no.9 seed Gaudio in d 1st rd

keep winning XMAN!!

Old 09-02-2005, 08:11 AM   #180
Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think Xavier has a chance to beat Youzny, he should take it.
Kuerten: tennis in the shape of a heart
Ollie Rochus: the lil'man that broke Karlovic
Hagar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote