Chucho News and Articles - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #76
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chucho News and Articles

Chucho posted about it in the ATP blog....

Wednesday,March 1, 2006

Very unfortunately I had to retire from both singles and doubles today due to my foot. Last Sunday, I was barefoot and I inadvertently twisted my big toe on the stairs. For some reason it was fine yesterday, but this morning, when I put on my shoe I could feel it wasn’t well at all. I still went on court to face Nicolas Almagro but after a set I decided to retire because it was hurting a lot. I wasn’t sure what was going on with it and I didn’t want things to get worse.

I immediately was sent to a clinic here in Acapulco to get some X-rays done and make sure that nothing was broken. Luckily it’s not bad and all I need is to rest it for a few days.

I am very disappointed I had to retire because I had big expectations for this tournament. I was really playing well and I thought I could do something good this week. I also feel bad for my doubles partner Sebastian, who I am letting down in this tournament. It’s such bad luck.

Since I am playing in Indian Wells next week, I am going to stay here in Acapulco until Monday I think. I will be taking care of my foot with my trainer who is arriving tomorrow from Argentina.
Chucho
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #77
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to worry about and he will be ready to play in Indian Wells.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:27 AM   #78
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Lau. Well, it isn't too serious. That's ok then. Now, he stays in Acapulco, under the sun, on the beach, to rest....hmmmmm
Old 03-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #79
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

This is not specifically related to Jose, and I hope this is not a trend he continues and he sticks with the team he has.

This is known as the South American dance of the coaches among the players and Chucho's former coach Horacio De La Peña has made some comments.

Here is the original link.

http://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.ph...Seccion=100712

De La Peña again attacks Argentinian players

The coach of the Chilean Fernando Gonzalez doesn´t understand why so many Argentinian players change coach so often. Coria Calleri Chela and Zabaleta are at the top the list.

In statements made to the cable program "Tennis Sports". De La Peña says "so many coach changes are not well regarded. In Europe they really can´t understand these attitudes.

Argentine players are not well considered in Europe because of these those changes. The statistics show that, for example, for Guillermo Coria, Spanish Jose Higueras will be coach number 8, Calleri with 9 Zaba and Chela with 7 coaches".

Gastón Gaudio and David Nalbandian have had less coaching changes. The former champion of Roland Garros had six and the present number one of Argentina, four.

De La Peña says "Beyond the attitude of the players, the coaches must earn themselves respect, I have a yearly renewable contract with Fernando Gonzalez and we both take care of ourselves and respect each other"

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 03-18-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:02 PM   #80
country flag chicky841

chicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond repute

Thnx for the article.... I hope chucho sticks with his current team too. Im surprised to hear how many coaches they have had. calleri-9!!

Acasuso ~ Nadal ~ Gasquet ~ Clement ~ Nalbandian ~ Almagro ~Tursunov ~ Gaudio ~ Mathieu ~ Grosjean ~ Roddick

Ljubicic~ Robredo ~ Gonzalez ~ Massu ~ Ancic ~ Ferrer ~ Zabaleta ~ Monaco ~ Del Potro ~ Haas ~ Ferrero ~ Monfils ~ Verdasco ~ Moya ~ Tursunov ~ Chela ~ Serra ~ Lopez ~ Djokovic ~ Tipsarevic ~ Llodra

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Beauty, after all, is an ideal, which by its nature can be approached but never reached.
chicky841 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #81
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting that interview. Always very interesting to read about the Coaches's walz....
Old 03-22-2006, 05:43 AM   #82
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

A translation from Vale and it does relate to Chucho and DC indirectly.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=2249

As Gaudio has pulled out of the tie against Croatia, it looks like Chucho will be in the team for this tie and the team will be unchanged barring injury.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-22-2006, 09:45 AM   #83
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
A translation from Vale and it does relate to Chucho and DC indirectly.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=2249

As Gaudio has pulled out of the tie against Croatia, it looks like Chucho will be in the team for this tie and the team will be unchanged barring injury.
I don't think Chucho would be a good choice of Mancini for Argentina playing on carpet..definitively this is not his surface...But who knows, anything could happen.
maria87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #84
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Chucho was confirmed yesterday by Mancini in the team that will face Croatia in the Davis Cup. Good luck, Chucho!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #85
country flag Choupi

Chucho loves DC. Its specific spirit. So, vamos Argentina!!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:30 AM   #86
country flag maria87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Chucho loves DC. Its specific spirit. So, vamos Argentina!!
Yes, Choupi, and the way he is playing in Miami is a good sign: 1 UE and 21 Aces in his match of first round! amazing, Chucho...Vamos, Argentina!
Old 03-24-2006, 12:51 AM   #87
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/n...Davis_Cup.html

SAME AGAIN FOR MANCINI

Argentina look set to name an unchanged squad for their Davis Cup quarter-final against Croatia after Gaston Gaudio withdrew from contention.

Gaudio is not thought to be in peak condition and does not relish the challenge posed by the fast surfaces in Zagreb, where the Argentina side will play between April 7-9.

That means coach Alberto Mancini will stick with the same party that hammered Sweden 5-0 in Buenos Aires, with David Nalbandian, Juan Ignacio Chela, Agustin Calleri and Jose Acasuso all set to be retained.

Mancini, in an interview with www.ole.com.ar, was in confident mood, citing last year's quarter-final appearance in Australia as a source of inspiration.

"We have a chance to beat Croatia. After what we did in Australia, nothing is impossible.

"It'll be a crucial match, but I think the key will be in the doubles match and the duels against Mario Ancic.

"I always dream of winning the Davis Cup."

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #88
country flag maria87

maybe Mancini will pick up Chela for the singles: he beat Rusedsky very well 64, 6-4 to pass to the next round in Miami...Chela is better hard court player than Chucho i think
Old 03-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #89
country flag marti_228

marti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond reputemarti_228 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think chucho will play at DC but I believe that if Calleri keeps playing like this (if he beats Moya) he is going to be the one that plays singles
marti_228 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #90
country flag maria87

Quote:
Originally Posted by marti_228
I don't think chucho will play at DC but I believe that if Calleri keeps playing like this (if he beats Moya) he is going to be the one that plays singles
I prefer Chela than Calleri....Calleri always fails in the last minute of the important matches.

Last edited by maria87 : 03-27-2006 at 11:08 AM.