Chucho News and Articles - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2008, 01:24 AM   #331
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chucho News and Articles

http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...pEcL_RK1mvKN_g

Monaco reaches Vina del Mar quarter-final with win over fellow Argentine

VINA DEL MAR, Chile - Third-seeded Juan Monaco advanced to the Vina del Mar quarter-final Wednesday, beating Argentine countryman Martin Vassallo Arguello 6-3, 4-6, 7-5.

Seventh-seeded Jose Acasuso and Juan Pablo Brzezecki, both from Argentina, also advanced. Acasuso beat Spain's Daniel Gimeno-Traver 6-2, 6-2, and Brzezecki edged Spain's Marcel Granollers-Pujol 6-2, 6-2.

Acasuso won the 2006 singles and doubles titles at Vina del Mar.

"I feel I am playing well and with confidence," he said. "I do not feel yet that I'm the favourite because this is a long tournament and there is still a long way to go."

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 05:49 AM   #332
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/t...,4237348.story

South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Latin players enjoy home crowd

Argentine fans pack the stands

By Kevin Clark

Special Correspondent

March 30, 2008

In the polite world of tennis, even the most emotional crowd displays usually maintain decorum. Just not this one.

Australian Lleyton Hewitt had challenged a questionable call against Jose Acasuso of Argentina, and the contingent of Argentine fans erupted so loudly, boos might have been heard in Buenos Aires.

As Hewitt presented his case, the pro-Acasuso crowd whistled and heckled him. This was not a normal crowd.

Flags in hand, supporters chanted "Chucho!" — Acasuso's nickname — throughout the match. They gasped in mock horror when Hewitt managed a point. When it was over, and Acasuso had upset Hewitt, it was clear: At the Sony Ericsson Open, the closest major tournament to Latin America, some players have a home-court advantage.

"Of course it gave me a boost, having all those people behind you. Hopefully it is like that for the next match," Acasuso said through an interpreter. "This is the one, the one with the most Argentines, just because so many of them live down here."

Added fellow Argentine Juan Ignacio Chela: "It feels like lots of them travel here to see the tournament, so it can feel like playing in Argentina."

Latin American players like Acasuso, Chela, Fernando Gonzalez, Agustin Calleri and Juan Monaco all enjoyed raucous crowds, and all used the support to their advantage. All but Chela won their match. Argentina and Chile soccer jerseys were common among the huge crowds packed into stands to watch matches with Latin American players.

"It's a lot more different playing Indian Wells or Vegas, obviously, where there's a lot more Americans pulling," Hewitt said. "A lot more South Americans [in Key Biscayne]."

The overflow crowds at Chela's match and at the doubles match featuring the Chilean Gonzalez and another Argentine, Calleri, suggest that in South Florida, Latin American players and small-capacity courts do not mix.

Both matches were held on two of the smaller courts on the grounds, and both were filled to the lid with supporters.

During Chela's match, his fans climbed to the top of other courts' bleachers to overlook Chela's packed court, though he eventually lost to Ivo Minar.

"There are plenty of Latins here cheering, for the Latins especially. It's a nice thing about the tournament, and I believe they enjoy it very much." Chela said.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #333
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE

Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Australian Lleyton Hewitt had challenged a questionable call against Jose Acasuso of Argentina, and the contingent of Argentine fans erupted so loudly, boos might have been heard in Buenos Aires.
Nice Thanks for posting this
Old 05-22-2008, 06:28 AM   #334
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE

Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute

Acasuso se desvinculó de Orsanic. Luego de una reunión que mantuvieron el sábado último, el misionero José Acasuso y Daniel Orsanic acordaron no continuar como jugador y coach. Chucho viajará a Roland Garros con su amigo Fernando Damus como colaborador y el kinesiólogo Mariano Seara. En las próximas semanas se definirá el reemplazante de Orsanic.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/EdicionIm...ota_id=1013989

Translation: "Acasuso parted ways with Orsanic. After a meeting they held last Sunday, Jose Acasuso and Daniel Orsanic decided not to continue their collaboration as player and coach. Chucho will travel to Roland Garros accompanied by his friend, Fernando Damus, as a collaborator and the kinesiologist Mariano Seara. In the following weeks Orsanic's replacement will be decided."

Old 05-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #335
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

It's official, but not a surprise that they parted, especially as Orsa has started work with Cuevas.

Hope he can recover some form.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #336
country flag Iulya

Iulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond repute

Why Acasuso isn't playing at Wimbledon?

VAMOS CARLOS (Berlocq)

Florian Mayer,Teimuraz Gabashvili and Frank Dancevic Fan

Andrei Pavel !!!
Iulya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:51 AM   #337
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

He hasn't played Wimbledon for a long time and he had some knee problems in Paris.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-24-2008, 07:56 AM   #338
country flag Iulya

Iulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond reputeIulya has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
I hope ge'll recover well!

VAMOS CARLOS (Berlocq)

Andrei Pavel !!!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #339
country flag Carrie Ann

Carrie Ann has a reputation beyond reputeCarrie Ann has a reputation beyond reputeCarrie Ann has a reputation beyond reputeCarrie Ann has a reputation beyond reputeCarrie Ann has a reputation beyond reputeCarrie Ann has a reputation beyond reputeCarrie Ann has a reputation beyond reputeCarrie Ann has a reputation beyond reputeCarrie Ann has a reputation beyond reputeCarrie Ann has a reputation beyond reputeCarrie Ann has a reputation beyond repute

Chucho is playing and expo this weekend with Canas for Davis Cup. It is Argentina against Spain preview. Moya and Ferrero are playing for Spain.
Carrie Ann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #340
country flag Iulya

Jose will take part in Copa Argentina at Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club alongside Nalbandian, DEl Potro and more.
http://www.telam.com.ar/vernota.php?...01&dis=1&sec=1

Articles related to Cupa Davis:
“Chucho” Acasuso: la víctima más inocente en la Copa Davis
http://www.asteriscos.tv/noticia-17466.html
Acasuso, el héroe que no pudo ser
http://www.lmneuquen.com.ar/noticias.../23/11307.php\
El llanto de Acasuso, el mismo de todos los argentinos
http://www.lacapital.com.ar/contenid...icia_0021.html
Acasuso y los motivos del inesperado final
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2008/11...d-01809676.htm

I'll try to translate some a bit later

And it seems that he is disscusion with Gabriel Markus for becoming his coach but Markus is also a DAvis Cup CAptain choice so we'll have to see
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2008/11...d-01810403.htm

VAMOS CARLOS (Berlocq)

Andrei Pavel !!!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #341
country flag Iulya

Seems like Jose will have a new coach: Gabriel Markus
His father confirmed in this interview :
http://www.territoriodigital.com/not...85032983126822

VAMOS CARLOS (Berlocq)

Andrei Pavel !!!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #342
country flag La Zingara

La Zingara has a reputation beyond reputeLa Zingara has a reputation beyond reputeLa Zingara has a reputation beyond reputeLa Zingara has a reputation beyond reputeLa Zingara has a reputation beyond reputeLa Zingara has a reputation beyond reputeLa Zingara has a reputation beyond reputeLa Zingara has a reputation beyond reputeLa Zingara has a reputation beyond reputeLa Zingara has a reputation beyond reputeLa Zingara has a reputation beyond repute

Read the full article in English & Spanish regarding the exhibitions between Diego
Hartfield and José Acasuso in Misiones, just before Christmas !

All the benefits will go to charities.

http://diegohartfield.net/wp/2008/12...s-in-misiones/
Old 12-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #343
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Markus is a good coach, just hope he can do well with Chucho.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #344
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

As usual Acasuso is playing the Copa Argentina de Tenis exho in Buenos Aires.

He plays Gaudio in the 1st round.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #345
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Chucho is playing an exho next week in Argentina with Gaudio, Cañas and Monaco.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1